Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering a new Q7 - 2024?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a new Q7 - 2024?

I've called the few dealers around me to ask about ordering a new car and got similar replies. About a year to get, MSRP, and a $1000 deposit. We want a particular build that is not a typical dealer order and have been told there is almost no chance of finding an unclaimed one. 2 of the 3 dealers I spoke to said that every Q7 they have ordered is pre-sold. Apparently, there is no longer an allocation process where a dealer may have an open build slot that would allow us to order a car sometime this winter and get a 2023 in the spring or early summer.

We are not used to this new delivery schedule, but I understand we are in a different pandemic, war, supply chain situation. In the past it would take 3 months or so to get an ordered vehicle. If we can't get a car until early next winter, it most likely will be a 2024 or worse, it could be the last 2023 shipped a week before the 24's arrive. When would we know what a 2024 looks like, option packages, cost, etc; Is this the model change year or will it be similar to the 22 and 23's?

For folks ordering a new car - has this long order time and uncertainty been your experience. Thanks -
Old 12-19-2022, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,180 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom L
I've called the few dealers around me to ask about ordering a new car and got similar replies. About a year to get, MSRP, and a $1000 deposit. We want a particular build that is not a typical dealer order and have been told there is almost no chance of finding an unclaimed one. 2 of the 3 dealers I spoke to said that every Q7 they have ordered is pre-sold. Apparently, there is no longer an allocation process where a dealer may have an open build slot that would allow us to order a car sometime this winter and get a 2023 in the spring or early summer.

We are not used to this new delivery schedule, but I understand we are in a different pandemic, war, supply chain situation. In the past it would take 3 months or so to get an ordered vehicle. If we can't get a car until early next winter, it most likely will be a 2024 or worse, it could be the last 2023 shipped a week before the 24's arrive. When would we know what a 2024 looks like, option packages, cost, etc; Is this the model change year or will it be similar to the 22 and 23's?

For folks ordering a new car - has this long order time and uncertainty been your experience. Thanks -
yes. this is another reason I buy used...

the new car market is still messed up. you can look for a lead time of anywhere from 20 to 52 weeks depending on the model and how desirable it is and how much supply chain is still messing things up. labor is also a factor. also factories are not producing new cars at the same rates they were a couple of years ago.

just wondering, what are you trying to equip a Q7 with that makes it such a unicorn?
Old 12-19-2022, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
yes. this is another reason I buy used...

the new car market is still messed up. you can look for a lead time of anywhere from 20 to 52 weeks depending on the model and how desirable it is and how much supply chain is still messing things up. labor is also a factor. also factories are not producing new cars at the same rates they were a couple of years ago.

just wondering, what are you trying to equip a Q7 with that makes it such a unicorn?
We are looking for a Prestige in silver with brown int, tow pkg, all wheel steering, and black headliner. Apparently, there is an available one going to Texas this spring with the black optics pkg, but it would also take $1500 to send a swap car to the ordering dealer and ship my car back to me.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

We are looking for a Prestige in silver with brown int, tow pkg, all wheel steering, and black headliner. Apparently, there is an available one going to Texas this spring with the black optics pkg, but it would also take $1500 to send a swap car to the ordering dealer and ship my car back to me.
Considering the cost of the car and the prospect of waiting a year, I'd factor that $1500 as a drop in the bucket..... Of course it also depends on how desperate you are for the car, what you're currently driving, etc. (Another way of look at it is this: if you have to wait another 6 months after the Spring-available one, will you lose $1500 worth of resale or trade-in value on the car that you are using in the meantime?)
Old 12-20-2022, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordering a new vehicle right now seems to be a crap shoot. I was reading that Ford has had problems with parts to such an extent they are delivering Bronco's missing parts/features like heated steering wheels, missing subwoofers etc.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
Considering the cost of the car and the prospect of waiting a year, I'd factor that $1500 as a drop in the bucket..... Of course it also depends on how desperate you are for the car, what you're currently driving, etc. (Another way of look at it is this: if you have to wait another 6 months after the Spring-available one, will you lose $1500 worth of resale or trade-in value on the car that you are using in the meantime?)
With the extra black optics package that makes it $3250 extra - but I get your point on an $80,000 car. We drive a second hand 2018 Prestige with 60,000 miles, so was thinking it was about time to trade out. With the oil consumption and other possible issues, we didn't want to hang onto it into the 70,000 - 75,000 mile range. And there is the unknown of the pricing and build of a 2024. I'm not smart enough to figure out the depreciation of the car over the 6 months nor do I know the future trade in value of an October 2023 car vs a November 2024. Also unknow would be our luck in avoiding a major mechanical issue.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

With the extra black optics package that makes it $3250 extra - but I get your point on an $80,000 car. We drive a second hand 2018 Prestige with 60,000 miles, so was thinking it was about time to trade out. With the oil consumption and other possible issues, we didn't want to hang onto it into the 70,000 - 75,000 mile range. And there is the unknown of the pricing and build of a 2024. I'm not smart enough to figure out the depreciation of the car over the 6 months nor do I know the future trade in value of an October 2023 car vs a November 2024. Also unknow would be our luck in avoiding a major mechanical issue.
If that dealer would even reply or be open to a trade request. If they are selling over msrp, and many are, your dealer may be lucky to hear back at all. It’s not worth even doing the paperwork on for them, they get nothing out of it:

Pricing you’ll never know till it’s allocated. It changes, and will change. They often do. There won’t be any styling changes for 2024 that’s for sure - perhaps some wheels but that’s it. You’re also months from getting any 2024 info. If you want to be first and you won’t budge on colors or options, “order” it (aka get on the waitlist) now.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,180 Likes on 921 Posts

totally get it but that is a drop in the bucket as said below.

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
true. if you are willing to wait a year I would put a deposit down and see what you can get in the meantime. if a further away dealer is willing to work with you, you can always cancel the order and get your deposit back (put it on a credit card and do not cut a check).

Originally Posted by NoVA_A6
Ordering a new vehicle right now seems to be a crap shoot. I was reading that Ford has had problems with parts to such an extent they are delivering Bronco's missing parts/features like heated steering wheels, missing subwoofers etc.
my dad got an allocation on a porsche macan that was coming into a dealer and picked it up without a power tilt/telescoping steering column. they said he would get it when they could get the parts. he was fine with that. 10 months later they told him it wasn't going to happen and they would cut him a $1000 refund. he hasn't bothered the dealer or POA but he hasn't seen the refund either. this would drive me up the wall, but that is just me. it's also his 6th porsche so they should do something for him.

totally see where you are coming from. that is why i traded my 2017 with 78k for a 2018 (with more options) for a 2018 with 7400 miles. I am very happy but just turned 30K on it in about a year of driving. no complaints. you could look for a used 2020/2021 car maybe something coming off an early lease upgrade. I scored an audi executive car that was not sold through a dealer and was delivered right to AoA headquarters which was specially equipped and I lucked out.

see what you can lock in for your trade right now if you put a deposit down and let us know how it goes. I imagine I will be in the market for a new car in 2-3 years but honestly I would consider a used GLS but I would just like to try mercedes to be honest. X7 looks killer. haven't driven either tho.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our dealership has Q7 allocations available that we can have a MY23 go in production for March delivery in April. It was mentioned if you want to put a deposit on a MY24 we are a number of months away before the order guide will become available. Our dealership is an MSRP dealer with no mark up or addendums. If you would like to reach out to me directly at 404-606-0286. Brian
Old 12-23-2022, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by NoVA_A6
GM has been doing this with the Silverado/Sierras for awhile. Heated seats, parking sensors, and wheel liners are the most common "omissions". They're giving a $250-$500 "rebate" on the window sticker, and then promising to install for free when parts are available. I passed on (2) new AT4 trucks for this reason. No heated seats in a $60k+ truck with only a $500 allowance and the promise of a later fix just didn't sit right with me.

Quick Reply: Ordering a new Q7 - 2024?