Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
View Poll Results: How would you categorize your Q7's problems/issues?
It has been trouble free
53.33%
It's had some issues that I expect with new car
11.67%
It's had more issues than luxury SUV should have
25.00%
Many issues - wish I hadn't bought it
10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

How reliable / issue free is your Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How reliable / issue free is your Q7?

Reading the thread about the issues some owners have had, I'm curious what the community at large has to say about their Q7's reliability and issues.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has been reliable but I feel reliability is that it starts and gets me to where I need to be every day. I have had some technology issues that I'm waiting to address with the dealer but it's never left me stranded.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, do you think it being a non German, German car comes into play in terms of quality?
Old 01-20-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
Also, do you think it being a non German, German car comes into play in terms of quality?
Yes I do, but I think a German car is much more complex / over built and that can cause issues, while it's a much better driving vehicle in my opinion, a Japanese car is much more simple and that equals higher reliability in my opinion once again.

My Lexus GX460 was perfect in so many ways to me, when I needed to do something to it, it was so simple to work on myself, same with years ago when I had Toyota pick up's, so easy to work on.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

I refuse to vote in this poll on the grounds that it might jinx my 7-month old Q7
Old 01-20-2017, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Yes I do, but I think a German car is much more complex / over built and that can cause issues, while it's a much better driving vehicle in my opinion, a Japanese car is much more simple and that equals higher reliability in my opinion once again.

My Lexus GX460 was perfect in so many ways to me, when I needed to do something to it, it was so simple to work on myself, same with years ago when I had Toyota pick up's, so easy to work on.
Sorry, what I meant by that, is it being a German car that isn't made in Germany. I've visited the Audi factory north of Munchen, which was impressive, but I wonder if there is a drop off when made in Eastern Europe or Mexico.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by larryV
I refuse to vote in this poll on the grounds that it might jinx my 7-month old Q7

I was going to say the same thing but I did vote anyway So far, in a little over 2 months, it has been trouble-free!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just the sunroof rattle for me but I am hoping its now finally fixed
Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Reliable? Yes. It does its job well getting me and family from place to place.

Annoying? YES

Elaborations:
1. Weird noises in cabin: soft knocking, clicking... not expected in a luxury car. Not fixed or dealer said it's all normal.... Update: Clicking is fixed - turned out to be minor: seat rail cap or something like that. Soft knocking - supercharger pulley - still annoying, but was told it's normal.
2. Center Ashtray cover intermittently stuck. I used it to store little things. It's replaced but they had ordered the part and I had leave the vehicle for a day. - FIXED
3. Passenger side rear-view mirror doesn't tilt down automatically when backing up and intermittently can't be controlled. The dealer had to order a part that took 2 weeks to arrive. First time I told them, they claimed it was fixed and asked me to come pick it up, but nope, so I had to come back again. They had to order parts.
4. Window trims not lining up. - Fixed.
5. One door was much harder to close. Brought it to the dealer. The adjusted it, but didn't do it right. It's easier to close but then can't close tight. Door edge wasn't lining up with the back door. I told them about it. They adjusted it to close tight, but it's now hard to close.... argh! - Still a problem but we're learning to live with it. Closing with more force.
6. Dealing with the service center nearest to me as described above. I am comparing quality of work and thoroughness against Tesla and Toyota service centers. Update: Still not happy with the dealer, but at least what can be fixed are fixed.

3 months owning the car, I've been to the service center 4 times. Tomorrow I have another appointment for the annoying clicking noises near driver's seat.

Last edited by Keyser Wi; 02-09-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Conditions update
Old 01-20-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
Just the sunroof rattle for me but I am hoping its now finally fixed
Same here, sunroof rattle and a faint ticking inside driver door panel are the only things (knock on wood) I have to complain. The dealer still cannot fix them.

There are other small issues, but they are either fixed or not bothering me much.

Quick Reply: How reliable / issue free is your Q7?