Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Got a weird one here - 2017 Q7 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got a weird one here - 2017 Q7 Prestige

My wife and I came out of Sam's Club this morning. I opened the rear hatch, unlocked the doors and loaded up. After I started the car, my wife noticed her side window was open about an inch. Looked around and all four windows were down the same amount. She also notice that the roof shade was open a few inches. I closed everything, drove about two miles, got on the highway, and heard wind noise. Upon checking, I found the sunroof was also open a little bit.

Here's the thing. I NEVER open the sunroof, and in Texas in the summer, rarely the sun shade. I also do not open the back side windows unless I hit the wrong switch. I truly believe that all were closed when we went into Sam's, and the car was locked.

Can anyone think of any way in which all the windows, the sun roof and the shade would all open simultaneously? Is there a one touch button for ventilation, or anything else that might cause that?
Old 08-29-2021, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This sounds like the feature when using the key fob, you hit Unlock and then hit and hold it again. During the holding (as part of the second press), it pops the sunroof and lowers all windows (as long as you hold Unlock down) to allow heat to escape. I use it all the time since I don't have remote start to cool the car down. In my experience, you have to be VERY close to the vehicle for this feature to work. Talking like a few feet away max.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by hisself
My wife and I came out of Sam's Club this morning. I opened the rear hatch, unlocked the doors and loaded up. After I started the car, my wife noticed her side window was open about an inch. Looked around and all four windows were down the same amount. She also notice that the roof shade was open a few inches. I closed everything, drove about two miles, got on the highway, and heard wind noise. Upon checking, I found the sunroof was also open a little bit.

Here's the thing. I NEVER open the sunroof, and in Texas in the summer, rarely the sun shade. I also do not open the back side windows unless I hit the wrong switch. I truly believe that all were closed when we went into Sam's, and the car was locked.

Can anyone think of any way in which all the windows, the sun roof and the shade would all open simultaneously? Is there a one touch button for ventilation, or anything else that might cause that?
You could have pressed and held the car unlock button for a while:

Old 08-29-2021, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

As other's have mentioned, when you hold down the unlock button on your key fob, it rolls down your windows and opens your roof. I use this function when I'm at a park and the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours. I open the windows and roof for a few minutes before I enter the vehicle. Doesn't seem like much, but it makes a big difference when it's 90+ outside.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to all! I just went and tried it.
Push and hold unlock and they go down.
Press and hold lock and everything closes.
Press the third button and the back opens. Then hold the button and it closes.
Press the fourth button and four police cars come roaring up, ***** to the wall, guns and knives hanging out the windows.

What an amazing car. Three months, four thousand miles and I'm still learning neat things about it.

Again, my thanks. . .
Old 08-29-2021, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

I love this feature on hot days, but HATE how short the range is. The fob will let you unlock the car form a significant distance, but at least for me, this feature only works when I'm really close to the car. I wish it worked with the full range of the fob to give more time for the hot air to escape! Anyway, just to let you know in case you try to use this on purpose in the future that the range is neutered for some reason (just like the range for CLOSING the rear hatch).