Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

European Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default European Delivery?

I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Prestige loaded (although minus the B&O) soon and do an European Delivery (ED) in July/August timeframe. Never done that but the 5% ED discount on ~$80k is certainly going to help paying for the trip.

Anyone has done that? Or considering it as well?

More info here for folks not familiar: https://www.audiusa.com/inventory/european-delivery
Old 03-12-2016, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patbras
I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Prestige loaded (although minus the B&O) soon and do an European Delivery (ED) in July/August timeframe. Never done that but the 5% ED discount on ~$80k is certainly going to help paying for the trip.

Anyone has done that? Or considering it as well?

More info here for folks not familiar: https://www.audiusa.com/inventory/european-delivery
Hopefully picking mine up in Munich in mid May
Old 03-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know this sounds silly as I don't have a clue, but why is the pickup Munich when the factory is in Bratislava?
Old 03-13-2016, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking mine up in late June. If you want a delivery in June/July you will need to get your order in very soon.

Manufacturing facility for Q7 is in Bratislava but the Audi delivery facilities for all cars are in Ingolstadt or Neckarsulm.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If it had saved me a bit of money I might have looked at that if its available in the UK, but mine is on the boat.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am doing ED, right now production is set for week of April 4th with a requested pickup date of Friday May 13th. Plan is to drive from Munich to Salzberg through the alps to Venice, then over to Como, down to Italian cost(cinque terre) then over to the French Riviera and end in Nice. Hopefully catch the Monaco Grand Prix.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by purdueATX
I am doing ED, right now production is set for week of April 4th with a requested pickup date of Friday May 13th. Plan is to drive from Munich to Salzberg through the alps to Venice, then over to Como, down to Italian cost(cinque terre) then over to the French Riviera and end in Nice. Hopefully catch the Monaco Grand Prix.
Wow. I can't wait to plan my trip and it might look similar to yours

Question: I read somewhere that you should not book airfare before you get the build complete date or something like that. I worry that it means that plane tickets would get super expensive if it's just a few weeks before leaving. Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought my flights i was assured that since there was such a big gap between my build data and my requested pick up date that there wouldn't be an issue.

Good Luck!
Old 03-16-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What is the advantage of European delivery? Is it cheaper to take delivery in Europe and fly it in to US for a comparable model?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
What is the advantage of European delivery? Is it cheaper to take delivery in Europe and fly it in to US for a comparable model?
It varies by manufacturer, but for Audi, the benefits are that you will get a 5% discount on the MSRP (assuming you were prepared to pay MSRP) which basically pays for travel expenses, and depending on how you look at it, a "free" european vacation and the bragging rights to tell your friends that you drove the car on the autobahn among other places all over europe and made an adventure out of car buying

Audi does cover your delivery day's meal and you also get a nice tour of the factory before you set off on your own. See the link posted earlier in this thread for more details on this.

Quick Reply: European Delivery?