Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Dealership Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealership Fraud

Never trust big dealerships,

Dealerships Audi Boundary, by OpenRoad in Burnaby, BC Canada is a complete fraud organization,

The Service Manager Koren Car is a fraud,

Took my car in for an oil change, Service #1, I looked at my car the whole time for 1.5hrs, the car wasn't even put on the lift, and the oil wasn't even drained, they said they use oil suction pumps but none nearby, also the oil filter was not changed,

The face of fraudster

They took pictures before they brought the car in when it came out, there was damage, I said I wanted to see the pictures but of all the 20 pictures they took: they said they cannot show me a single one.

After discovering their fraud, the Service Manager: banned me from the stealership and told 2 other stealerships to ban me.

This is absolute complete fraud, in Canada it is basically a chop shop stealership like Jiffy Lube.

Last edited by whyman; 04-02-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: adding content
Old 04-02-2020, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

The dealership isn’t in the business of not changing customers’ oil. Instead of accusing them of not changing your oil (I’m sure that’s what you did to get yourself banned), you could have asked them politely to confirm that the oil was actually changed. If you think you were singled out to receive shoddy treatment I think you have to consider the reason why this happened. I’ve owned multiple car brands over the years and have never had a problem with any service department with the exception of a GM dealer which was always pushing unnecessary maintenance procedures. Time to sell and move on.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

Woah, do you have any proof for these accusations and slandering of the dealership and service manager? It is indeed true that many dealerships use an oil extractor these days to change the oil. It's the lazy way and I always request the oil to be drained to get out all the sediments. Do you know what an oil extractor looks like? It's a little larger than a bicycle pump and the tech just carries it up to the car, so I'm not sure what you are getting with there was none nearby. Also, based on what are you saying that the oil filter wasn't changed. The oil filter is on top of the engine in these cars, so that it can easily be changed w/o putting the car on a lift. Was the hood open while you were looking at the car? That's all that's needed to do an oil change. It's not the best oil change as said, because it doesn't get out all the sediments, and I would recommend to get an oil change done at a place that drains the oil, but otherwise you need to be careful with slandering people and businesses w/o proof and a full understanding of the process.

This is an example of an oil extractor. There's a hose that goes on it, not shown in the picture.

Attached Images  

Last edited by superswiss; 04-02-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had a few interactions with Audi Boundary personally. Bought a 2013 Q5 from them and had a good time. Although the sales guy I dealt with was nice, however, he has left the company. The service advisor I dealt with was nice but I find the shop foreman there not taking my issues seriously. I remember they told me once that if my concerns or issues were not showing when they do the scan, then it's within specs and nothing to be concerned about. Brought the car over to Capilano Audi and told them the same issue I was experiencing, they went above and beyond to resolve it for me. It has nothing to do with the scan but more like annoying noises caused by oil pump. Obviously noise generated by the oil pump would NOT be caught by the scan. Anyways, ever since then, I took my car to Capilano Audi. Last year, I bought my q7 from Capilano Audi and never looked back.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree Audi Capliao has better service,

Who helped you at Audi Capliano? was it Arch?
Old 04-03-2020, 05:11 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

On a side note, what's your problem with Jiffy Lube?!? I have nothing but good things to say about the one I took my Q7 to change oil. They didn't use an extractor, btw.
May be you're just paranoid?!
Old 04-03-2020, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've heard more than 1 story of people getting new engines from Jiffy Lube.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whyman
I agree Audi Capliao has better service,

Who helped you at Audi Capliano? was it Arch?
Arch, Desy, Dan (who jumped ship over to Audi Boundary). At least when I talked to their Shop Foreman, they don't say all issues I've experienced are all within specs...
Never knew that Audi cars have wider 'specs' compare to other luxury brand.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Brimstone
I've heard more than 1 story of people getting new engines from Jiffy Lube.
A long time ago I went back home to visit. Stopped by a friends shop and noticed a nice turbo cab Porsche sitting on one of his lifts and commented how nice it looked. He said let me tell you a story. As it turns out the guy (at Jiffy Lube) putting oil back in did not know it took 11 quarts of oil. About 10 minutes down the road the car stopped running and it ended up at my friends shop. He said they were in litigation to get Jiffy Lube to pay for the engine/car. I said, if it ends up a total let me know. Well, 6 months later I get a phone call and I ended up with the car.

I've also seen stories were the guy under the car takes shortcuts (cut underbody panels) to get to the drain plug. Not saying it happens, but I'm never gonna risk it.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:29 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewmr
A long time ago I went back home to visit. Stopped by a friends shop and noticed a nice turbo cab Porsche sitting on one of his lifts and commented how nice it looked. He said let me tell you a story. As it turns out the guy (at Jiffy Lube) putting oil back in did not know it took 11 quarts of oil. About 10 minutes down the road the car stopped running and it ended up at my friends shop. He said they were in litigation to get Jiffy Lube to pay for the engine/car. I said, if it ends up a total let me know. Well, 6 months later I get a phone call and I ended up with the car.

I've also seen stories were the guy under the car takes shortcuts (cut underbody panels) to get to the drain plug. Not saying it happens, but I'm never gonna risk it.
Yes, we all heard "Jiffy Lube horror stories" over the years. Not saying that they don't happen, but calling them a fraud is a little over the top.
I had a very pleasant experience at my neighborhood JL back in January. First time I pulled up, the manager told me straight up that they were out of 5w-40 and asked me to come back in 3 days. I did, and he walked me through how much oil they were going to put, made sure they had a proper filter in stock. I watched the whole process literally from a few feet away.
I don't 100% trust them, but at least they are not telling me that my breaks need changing every time I show up for maintenance.
Besides, if they underfill the oil, the car will throw a "low oil" error code, like it does once a year or so.

Quick Reply: Dealership Fraud