Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Dealer Screwed Up Order - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest notifying Audi US and see if they are happy with the lack of customer focus coming from that particular dealership. This is a reflection on the marque and I would hope Audi US would intervene and correct the faults of the dealership or even remove the franchise.
After all Audi portray themselves as a premium brand and high levels of customer service go hand in hand with the product.
Hope things work out for you.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you could live without the rear entertainment prep (and get your wheel swap worked out), I would take the car and run with a 6% discount. Very few people are getting that kind of deal with how tight Q7's are.

It can be easy to forget the RSE rear prep option. It really should be standard as it's only a $150. But it can be quite easy to overlook when your're ordering a car.

As a customer, I always want an email confirmation and copy of my order of what's in the system. Humans make mistakes and stuff happens.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. I went through an unpleasant sales experience when I purchased my S5. Common sense of decency, courtesy, customer service, and thoughtfulness has gone the way of the Do-do bird. The only thing that reigns supreme is selfishness and greed.

Your Audi dealership fed words in your mouth by jumping to the conclusion that you want to cancel the sale. They just wanted out of the agreement and they found a good excuse to get out. To me, they should give you the opportunity and courtesy to cancel the sale in a clear manner. Them cancelling the sale just because of how they 'interpreted' your email is BS.

You have two ways of addressing this issue depending on how desperate you need that new Q7. One is to tell them to *#$ck themselves and honor the original terms of the sales agreement. Or, tell them in an email to go #%^ck themselves and take your business elsewhere. I believe after receiving that email response from your dealer that you no longer have any appetite to do further business with them.

I suggest that you write to Audi about your experience with this particular dealership. Address it to someone higher up the corporate ladder if you can. This is the only form of retribution you can do. Hopefully, your letter would be a black-eye to that Audi dealer. Tell them how this dealer inconvenienced you by entering your order wrong, cancelling the sale on you without a direct and clear request from your (just based on their interpretation of your email), and leaving you without a car knowing that your current car's lease is almost up.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the car as is. The 21" wheels get you non-run flats which are far superior to the 20" with run-flats.

Read the recent thread re: RSE and you will find it is not worth it.

Last edited by Ferrari27; 03-13-2016 at 06:55 AM.