Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Q7 requires service "each year"? What kind of car is this. Scam ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
at least you've admitted to your hatred of the brand.
surprised a new car these days has a 5000 km OCI. synthetic in modern day cars can easily go 5000 miles. the old school mentality of 3000 mile oil changes is rather antiquated.
I think this forum would be better off if you could stop confronting me in any other thread because of our disagreements in another thread. I stopped responding to you over there since a member expressed his concerns about our off-topic back and forth posts. Don't bring that here. I never hid my disgust for the brand since I realized what they have become.

There's nothing antiquated about early oil change. The Suzuki manual says 5k, 7k or 10k depending on the driving conditions. The local dealership decided to go for 5k for peace of mind. As long as I don't pay a dime for the service which includes other maintenance items and fluids top-off, I don't mind.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We looked at, early on, the Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Platinum and the Lexus TX500h F-Sport Performance Luxury, as an alternative to the Telsa Model X Plaid.

Toyota, is Toyota, reliable. Didn't feel all that premium. But good value, car space, roomy, etc.

Lexus, at that ~$80K'ish price point, i would have "wanted" little more. The cabin did not feel all that premium to me.

Q7, here's is ONE reason why (and i have different priorities on the wants and do not wants in the car i'm in the market for), the cabin. The way the dash flows without the display just sticking out which most 12.3 inch displays are, whether BMW or others, the display just doesn't to me, "flow" on the dashboard.

And the B&O, the reviews are saying the Advanced 3D sound system is A+'ish tier (below the superior tier level).

I don't know, but more so, i am super sucker for the sequential signals, even though i will not see them driving, but only from outside approaching, lol...

So, everything about Q7, i like. The cabin has changed a lot since my first look back in 2018/2019'ish, with that "pop up" center MMI display, that goes up and disappears into the dash. That looked "cool".

Old 04-25-2024, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
I think this forum would be better off if you could stop confronting me in any other thread because of our disagreements in another thread. I stopped responding to you over there since a member expressed his concerns about our off-topic back and forth posts. Don't bring that here. I never hid my disgust for the brand since I realized what they have become.

There's nothing antiquated about early oil change. The Suzuki manual says 5k, 7k or 10k depending on the driving conditions. The local dealership decided to go for 5k for peace of mind. As long as I don't pay a dime for the service which includes other maintenance items and fluids top-off, I don't mind.
I won't dig up where you've followed me around. don't throw stones in a glass house.

the dealer obviously went with the shortest interval. dealerships don't make money if you don't bring the car back to them for service (whether it was prepaid or not). prepaid maintenance is often billed back through corporate channels and touch points with owners allow them to sell additional services when they can. this was the case when the first 5K (then changed to 10K) service was included for free with every new Audi. the local dealer would bill back AoA for the service when it was rendered. if the owner of a new Audi never went to the dealer for the first free service the dealer (even the one who sold the car) wouldn't get paid. also, dealers revolve around service more than you think. the relationship a dealer wants to build with someone who just bought a car from them is extremely valuable. when I just bought my last car I had the front PPF'd and had roof racks installed. this was done through service and the sales person introduced me to one of the service reps and now I have a relationship with them. when something goes wrong with the car or when I want to get one of my first 3 included services (I argued at time of sale) done I reach out to her. it is just the way it works. tons of money in parts and labor at the dealer level.

synthetic oil in a modern day car that is not subject to severe usage can easily last 5K miles or more. long term engine tests along with tons of owner experience has showed this. unless you are driving your new Suzuki exceptionally hard in the desert under extreme conditions I see no reason to change the oil every 5000 km or 3000 miles. if it provides peace of mind for you and is included in the purchase price of your vehicle, keep doing what makes you happy.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aw235235345
We looked at, early on, the Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Platinum and the Lexus TX500h F-Sport Performance Luxury, as an alternative to the Telsa Model X Plaid.

Toyota, is Toyota, reliable. Didn't feel all that premium. But good value, car space, roomy, etc.

Lexus, at that ~$80K'ish price point, i would have "wanted" little more. The cabin did not feel all that premium to me.

Q7, here's is ONE reason why (and i have different priorities on the wants and do not wants in the car i'm in the market for), the cabin. The way the dash flows without the display just sticking out which most 12.3 inch displays are, whether BMW or others, the display just doesn't to me, "flow" on the dashboard.

And the B&O, the reviews are saying the Advanced 3D sound system is A+'ish tier (below the superior tier level).

I don't know, but more so, i am super sucker for the sequential signals, even though i will not see them driving, but only from outside approaching, lol...

So, everything about Q7, i like. The cabin has changed a lot since my first look back in 2018/2019'ish, with that "pop up" center MMI display, that goes up and disappears into the dash. That looked "cool".
most TX350 luxury vehicles are around $70K. If you want a luxury 500h it is around $5K more. what are the vehicles equipped with that are inflating the MSRP to $80K? there is a spreadsheet of allocations and who is charging sticker or markup on clublexus forum which is helpful.

There is a better sound system in the Audi. the lights look cooler along with the dash. however the ownership experience with lexus in 3 months and 7500 miles has surpassed my expectations. service appointments are easily obtained. customer service is at the top of their mind. loaner cars are never an issue. parts and labor are less expensive. these are some of the reasons I decided to switch.

not to mention everything works. spot on. I can't tell you the number of dealer visits I have had to Audi to have something updated, reprogrammed, etc. because it was giving me (among many others) issues. lost radio stations. backup camera not remembering the camera setting. the list goes on and on. it seems like Audi has used their customers as test pilots with some things which are frustrating. owning a Lexus I would never expect that and haven't yet.

have you had any seat time in the new MDX and what are your thoughts on that?

Last edited by mhoran89; 04-25-2024 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

I can respond to that salad up there but I won't waste my time and won't go off-topic much longer.

Next...

OP it's clear you are digging and lusting over this vehicle. I'd say go for it! I am sure you will enjoy it as they are GREAT when everything works well. Just make sure you "lease".
Old 04-25-2024, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

most TX350 luxury vehicles are around $70K. If you want a luxury 500h it is around $5K more. what are the vehicles equipped with that are inflating the MSRP to $80K? there is a spreadsheet of allocations and who is charging sticker or markup on clublexus forum which is helpful.

There is a better sound system in the Audi. the lights look cooler along with the dash. however the ownership experience with lexus in 3 months and 7500 miles has surpassed my expectations. service appointments are easily obtained. customer service is at the top of their mind. loaner cars are never an issue. parts and labor are less expensive. these are some of the reasons I decided to switch.

not to mention everything works. spot on. I can't tell you the number of dealer visits I have had to Audi to have something updated, reprogrammed, etc. because it was giving me (among many others) issues. lost radio stations. backup camera not remembering the camera setting. the list goes on and on. it seems like Audi has used their customers as test pilots with some things which are frustrating. owning a Lexus I would never expect that and haven't yet.

have you had any seat time in the new MDX and what are your thoughts on that?
Agreed. My dad owns LS 400, that's not a typo, LS 400 from year 1989. That thing, is a TANK, still runs "WELL" to this date. That "is" Lexus. That V8 still runs to this date, very smooth.

As for the TX, yes, i would expect that experience you are having from Lexus. I did test drive the 500h in not the luxury but the premium trim. It's a nice car. But to me the first impression is somewhat important, seem to last longer with me. Strange. The front grille, oh, that "will" take some time. There is so many memes out there online with that grille.

I talked with local Acura sales manager today, and earliest 2025 MDX, my setup if going that route will be the Type S Advance trim (31 B&O speakers, good god man !!!). Earliest, August'ish. Expect some price change with 2025.

I'm going in today to look at 2025 Q7 again. And just cross the street is the Acura dealer so will look at 2024, at least will give some sense of the vehicle.

Following is the list of choices, and we are now down to as stated above, Q7, MDX and X.

I really wanted to like the Volvo XC90 (ther EX90 seem cool, but still 1st gen), but the B6 has Supercharger "and" Turbocharger setup? Please, no thank you. Although i hear their B&W sound system is at Superior tier.

Family is looking for in between X5 and X7. MDX is perfect, and i think so is Q7. And X, Plaid. Who can resist 1050 hp, 0-60 in 2.5 sec and 1/4 mile in 9sec...

Old 04-25-2024, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Agreed. My dad owns LS 400, that's not a typo, LS 400 from year 1989. That thing, is a TANK, still runs "WELL" to this date. That "is" Lexus. That V8 still runs to this date, very smooth.

As for the TX, yes, i would expect that experience you are having from Lexus. I did test drive the 500h in not the luxury but the premium trim. It's a nice car. But to me the first impression is somewhat important, seem to last longer with me. Strange. The front grille, oh, that "will" take some time. There is so many memes out there online with that grille.

I talked with local Acura sales manager today, and earliest 2025 MDX, my setup if going that route will be the Type S Advance trim (31 B&O speakers, good god man !!!). Earliest, August'ish. Expect some price change with 2025.

I'm going in today to look at 2025 Q7 again. And just cross the street is the Acura dealer so will look at 2024, at least will give some sense of the vehicle.

Following is the list of choices, and we are now down to as stated above, Q7, MDX and X.

I really wanted to like the Volvo XC90 (their EX90 seem cool, but still 1st gen), but the B6 has Supercharger "and" Turbocharger setup? Please, no thank you. Although i hear their B&W sound system is at Superior tier.

Family is looking for in between X5 and X7. MDX is perfect, and i think so is Q7. And X, Plaid. Who can resist 1050 hp, 0-60 in 2.5 sec and 1/4 mile in 9sec...

tesla is a microwave of a car. cool technology but usability is limited unless you won't use it for tons of long travel. not to mention the build quality isn't there with an Audi/Lexus/etc. sure a tesla is faster and has more tech but I compare it to a microwave and a grill. yes you can cook a burger in a microwave but no one wants that. they want a flame grilled burger that takes longer and uses older ways of cooking. I totally get the electric car thing for in town stuff like kids, groceries, errands, etc. but I ski so much in the winter I wouldn't get the range with snow tires and a roof box at 5F outside and there is nowhere to charge it at a lot of ski resorts. I am also down to one car right now. as a second commuter car it makes sense. that type of speed is pretty unusable on the street and that car is going to eat tires and end up serving you speeding tickets. or at least that is what I would do with it. that car is also more expensive than the other options.

If you are buying a car for the sound system that is a different story. either way I say go with your gut. go sit in the MDX and report back. Acura didn't really appeal to me and the infotainment did not seem as straightforward. another reason I went with the TX350 is I was sick of fancy alignments and all wheel or rear wheel steering. I wanted something more simple and easier and less expensive to maintain. the TX500h f-sport has rear wheel steering...
Old 04-25-2024, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

tesla is a microwave of a car. cool technology but usability is limited unless you won't use it for tons of long travel. not to mention the build quality isn't there with an Audi/Lexus/etc. sure a tesla is faster and has more tech but I compare it to a microwave and a grill. yes you can cook a burger in a microwave but no one wants that. they want a flame grilled burger that takes longer and uses older ways of cooking. I totally get the electric car thing for in town stuff like kids, groceries, errands, etc. but I ski so much in the winter I wouldn't get the range with snow tires and a roof box at 5F outside and there is nowhere to charge it at a lot of ski resorts. I am also down to one car right now. as a second commuter car it makes sense. that type of speed is pretty unusable on the street and that car is going to eat tires and end up serving you speeding tickets. or at least that is what I would do with it. that car is also more expensive than the other options.

If you are buying a car for the sound system that is a different story. either way I say go with your gut. go sit in the MDX and report back. Acura didn't really appeal to me and the infotainment did not seem as straightforward. another reason I went with the TX350 is I was sick of fancy alignments and all wheel or rear wheel steering. I wanted something more simple and easier and less expensive to maintain. the TX500h f-sport has rear wheel steering...
Yep, i totally get that, i.e. less is more.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep, i totally get that, i.e. less is more.
yup. I never sat in a MDX but want to know your thoughts on it. Acura makes a good car as well...
Old 04-25-2024, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

yup. I never sat in a MDX but want to know your thoughts on it. Acura makes a good car as well...
I should know a bit, my first luxury car was the 2002 Acura RL.

Quick Reply: Audi Q7 requires service "each year"? What kind of car is this. Scam ?