Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2024 Q7 Order Delayed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2024 Q7 Order Delayed

Ordered a 2024 Q7 back in December with an estimated delivery date for end of March. My dealer told me yesterday that all of their approved Q7 orders are now delayed with no new estimated delivery date. Dealer told me at beginning of Feb that Audi was not taking new orders for autos with V6 engine. Wondering if the engine delay has now affected previously approved factory orders? Anyone out there have the inside scoop?
Old 02-21-2024, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

Audi were preventing orders of MHEVs because they have a known issue of failing belt-starter generators (BSGs) for the mild-hybrid system. They reportedly decided to spare the BSGs they would be using in new vehicles to replace the failed ones in thousands of cars all over the world waiting to be repaired. They are reportedly fighting with the manufacturer of the BSGs which is accusing them of providing them with specifications that could only make the BSGs fail prematurely. The manufacturer reduced the number of BSGs produced and Audi can't have enough for new vehicles as well as for the ones waiting to be repaired so they are prioritizing the latter group and preventing new orders.

Then a report of another component allegedly made with forced labor caused US authorities to block the import of all cars that may have that component installed. This is affecting cars that were already ordered and are in the process of being delivered.

So Audi have two problems on their hands right now. This thread is discussing the matter: Ordering suspended.
The following users liked this post:
dbull (02-21-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing I haven't been able to figure out about the BSG issue is whether or not they actually have a fix for it - like an updated generator that doesn't fail, or are they just throwing the same flawed part at the problem?
dbull (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BSG Failure

I have a 2021 Q7 and my BSG failed on me in the middle of an intersection in a raging rainy storm. The car just flat out DIED when stopped. Couldn't even turn my hazard signals on....there was nothing! Called Audi Roadside Assistance .....never came!!! Had to call Police and they called a tow for me. Anyway, towed to dealer and found that the BSG was BAD, but this took 4 days and then had to wait a week for new BSG to come in. They could not give me a loaner, so I had to rent a car. Took 3 weeks for reimbursement check from Audi for car rental.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ephone1
One thing I haven't been able to figure out about the BSG issue is whether or not they actually have a fix for it - like an updated generator that doesn't fail, or are they just throwing the same flawed part at the problem?
According to rumors, there is a new BSG which fixes the issue. New 2024 models come with this new part.

As for the delay, actually it is not clear that it is related to the BSG. in general V8's don't have the BSG, V6's have but not all the V6's, for example SQ5 doesn't. If the ordering is stopped/delayed on all V6's then it is not the BSG related.
dbull (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

After reviewing other forums, (Q8, RS6), the BSG has been a problem for years. Not confident they have fixed the issue 2024's. Let's hope they have. Thinking about cancelling my order.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dbull
After reviewing other forums, (Q8, RS6), the BSG has been a problem for years. Not confident they have fixed the issue 2024's. Let's hope they have. Thinking about cancelling my order.
i do t think rs6 has bsg.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomaszp72
i do t think rs6 has bsg.
could be the S6 or A6. they are all combined on the same forum.

Edit: Revisited the forum and it was on both the A6 (C8 Platform) and RS6 (C8 Platform) sub forums.

Last edited by dbull; 02-22-2024 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dbull
could be the S6 or A6. they are all combined on the same forum.

Edit: Revisited the forum and it was on both the A6 (C8 Platform) and RS6 (C8 Platform) sub forums.
I think RS6 forum is generally talking about not being able to place orders and the bsg issue has been mixed in as one of the possibilities. As far as I know, the RS6 is not a mild hybrid.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have an update on the delay?

Quick Reply: 2024 Q7 Order Delayed