Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2022s purchased/on order

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022s purchased/on order

Just wondering those of you that have already received or ordered a 22.

Is Everything just going at MSRP and maybe certain local markets going over? I’m just generally confused with what dealers are saying, vs the $5,000 mark up at some dealers for a 55 PP.

what has everyone’s experience been lately?
Old 12-03-2021, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want to see crazy...this is crazy...
Attached Thumbnails 2022s purchased/on order-photo121.jpg  
Old 12-04-2021, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I looked to order a new Q7 about a month ago, they were offering MSRP + 1% discount for ordering through that specific dealership. Ordering would take 6+ months.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

A dealer can charge whatever they want...it's their piece of inventory. Lots and lots of dealers are over MSRP for everything, because no one has any inventory to speak of. Doesn't matter if it's a Q3 or an R8. Price is certainly a part, but whether they actually have something to sell you is likely a bigger part
Old 12-04-2021, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
A dealer can charge whatever they want...it's their piece of inventory. Lots and lots of dealers are over MSRP for everything, because no one has any inventory to speak of. Doesn't matter if it's a Q3 or an R8. Price is certainly a part, but whether they actually have something to sell you is likely a bigger part
What are you hearing for when things could approach “normalcy”? It feels like 2024.
The following users liked this post:
ihabd4 (12-04-2021)
Old 12-04-2021, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
What are you hearing for when things could approach “normalcy”? It feels like 2024.
You won't ever see things go back to how they were.

Inventory levels will remain a fraction of what they once were, as Audi, and everyone else, transfers to a more as-ordered basis.

As far as things getting marginally better on the inventory side, you're likely 8-12 months from that happening, barring any other issues that can crop up. By marginally better, I mean a dealer having at least 1 or 2 of every model on hand. That is their goal. The mass inventory levels, and factory incentives, and things such as that are done with for now. I suppose if the economy collapses, that will affect things like incentives, but also will affect inventory as a whole.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 12-04-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There are basically no cars available at any dealerships of any brands. The other day when I was waiting at the dealership, I had some conversations with the sale. Exactly two new cars in the showroom, a Q8 and an A8L. Both were sold. I asked what's coming. He showed me what's on the computer. Most Q7 have been sold. Some don't even have a VIN number yet. Taking delivery of a SQ7 for example takes at least 6 months.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Handydoctor
There are basically no cars available at any dealerships of any brands. The other day when I was waiting at the dealership, I had some conversations with the sale. Exactly two new cars in the showroom, a Q8 and an A8L. Both were sold. I asked what's coming. He showed me what's on the computer. Most Q7 have been sold. Some don't even have a VIN number yet. Taking delivery of a SQ7 for example takes at least 6 months.
I have 0 cars in our showroom....haven't had any for several months. Doesn't seem to make any sense, with only 4-10 in stock at any given point in time (6 currently, 2 of which are sold), and ~4 coming from the port this coming week (2 of which are sold). It's a waste of time to put it in the showroom. Better to just let it be outside where it can be driven, since none are duplicate models of anything
Old 12-04-2021, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
I have 0 cars in our showroom....haven't had any for several months. Doesn't seem to make any sense, with only 4-10 in stock at any given point in time (6 currently, 2 of which are sold), and ~4 coming from the port this coming week (2 of which are sold). It's a waste of time to put it in the showroom. Better to just let it be outside where it can be driven, since none are duplicate models of anything
I drove by Rusnak Pasadena Audi the other day and the showroom and outdoor lot is a complete ghost town. Totally packed pre-covid. It’s just bizarre.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
I drove by Rusnak Pasadena Audi the other day and the showroom and outdoor lot is a complete ghost town. Totally packed pre-covid. It’s just bizarre.
Wow!!! We are living some crazy times, Gents! Hope it will all(but us) go away sometimes...

cheers (i guess),

Bob
wonder ACNA discount still works? Lifer here.

Quick Reply: 2022s purchased/on order