Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2019 Q7 Technik Canada - Traffic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2019 Audi Q7 Technik Canadian owner here as well. Have yet to receive any updates from the dealer regarding the traffic flow info. Any updates from other Canadian owners about this? Thanks.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. I called in a few weeks ago to ask, and sent a note back to Audi Care Canada. Dealer had no news and no reply from Audi Care.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Below is what I received today from Audi Care Canada:

Thank you for contacting Audi Canada regarding the traffic display feature on your 2019 Audi Q7.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. This is an issue that we are currently working with our Technical Support team in Germany to resolve, and should have a new update to resolve this shortly.

We would encourage you to stay in touch with your preferred Audi dealership for the availability of the new update.

In the meanwhile, should you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us through our Customer Care Center at (800) 822-2834. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Please be advised that you may receive a short survey by e-mail regarding your experience with our Customer Care Center. Please take a few moments to complete this. Your feedback is important and will allow us to serve you more effectively in the future.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I just received an email that an update is available for my 2019 A5 to enable the traffic information........has anyone gotten this?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet... once you get the upgrade you’ll have to let us know the scope of traffic offered- ie is it just highways or main streets too?
Old 06-03-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlavio829
So I just received an email that an update is available for my 2019 A5 to enable the traffic information........has anyone gotten this?
Was the email you received from Audi Care Canada or from your dealer? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JV23
Not yet... once you get the upgrade you’ll have to let us know the scope of traffic offered- ie is it just highways or main streets too?
I certainly hope it is highway and main streets - That is what their AudiConnect Canada info says at least.
Although I'm not going to lie, after enabling it via OBD11, I'm skeptical.
The traffic using the US TMC code left a lot to be desired. It showed highway traffic excellent but city traffic was not great. Some times it showed city traffic, some times it did not. Some times it only showed traffic on one side of the street but not the other - very strange! It rarely showed traffic on any major streets in Toronto - Hopefully that improves.

Originally Posted by pkalltheway2000
Was the email you received from Audi Care Canada or from your dealer? Thanks.
The email was from Audi Care Canada....It said:
With regards to the Audi Connect online traffic issue, please note that a software update will be available through your local dealer by the end of this week May 31st, to correct this problem. Please contact your dealership directly to have this update completed on your vehicle.

Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have any availability so I won't be able to do it this week. No one could tell me how long it would take as they don't do these updates very often apparently.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok so I got my TSB done tonight to enable traffic.
Seems the traffic flow information is primarily limited to the highways which is a major bummer! Although it randomly works on some city streets (I.e blackcreek but not all of blackcreek) which is bizarre.

The MMI update did enable the Traffic Light Information feature however I have yet to see any traffic lights appear in Toronto so far.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so I got my TSB done tonight to enable traffic.
Seems the traffic flow information is primarily limited to the highways which is a major bummer! Although it randomly works on some city streets (I.e blackcreek but not all of blackcreek) which is bizarre.

The MMI update did enable the Traffic Light Information feature however I have yet to see any traffic lights appear in Toronto so far.
Do you have odb to check what tmc code they set in your car?
On the minor roads, only red or orange lines appear when there is traffic, no green lines for normal flow, thats why it looks patchy.
As for the traffic lights info, as of feb 2019 "time-to-green and GLOSA information are available in Dallas, Denver, Gainesville, Fla.; Houston, Kansas City, Kansas; Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York City, Orlando, Fla.; Phoenix, Portland, Ore.; San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. and northern Virginia. Not every light is covered in the region"
Old 06-13-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I certainly hope it is highway and main streets - That is what their AudiConnect Canada info says at least.
Although I'm not going to lie, after enabling it via OBD11, I'm skeptical.
The traffic using the US TMC code left a lot to be desired. It showed highway traffic excellent but city traffic was not great. Some times it showed city traffic, some times it did not. Some times it only showed traffic on one side of the street but not the other - very strange! It rarely showed traffic on any major streets in Toronto - Hopefully that improves.

The email was from Audi Care Canada....It said:
With regards to the Audi Connect online traffic issue, please note that a software update will be available through your local dealer by the end of this week May 31st, to correct this problem. Please contact your dealership directly to have this update completed on your vehicle.

Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have any availability so I won't be able to do it this week. No one could tell me how long it would take as they don't do these updates very often apparently.

I wonder if this sentence (software is available by the end of this week May 31st) applies to all dealerships in Canada? I guess I will contact my dealer to check. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2019 Q7 Technik Canada - Traffic?