Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Why is Audi doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is Audi doing this?

I honestly don't understand.

A company that makes some of the most beautiful and capable wagons in the world is going to make a bland SUV.

Why not market *them* instead of releasing yet another gas-guzzling, view-blocking, yuppie-carrying POS into the world?

If they were planning on doing this, why come to the game so late?

It seems absolutely daft to me...
Old 04-02-2005, 12:41 PM

Default I tink UR FACE is bland lol....JK

Well audi has a plan up their sleeves (whether its good or bad, only time can tell)for their suv. Audi knows the state of gas prices in the US, Audi also knows how much SUV's eat gas, lastly audi obviously know that they are entering the SUV market late.

I am certain that audi has a reason for all these obvious conditions.

If i had to answer on the three "knows" i sould say that 1.) Audi is answering by offering FSI and deisel variants of engines in the US (No infor on the engines have been OFFICIALLY released) 2.) If you believe that the Audi SUV eats gas, then you are not in that income bracket to afford and maintain such an suv. (if you cant afford the prices of maintaining and owning such an suv u should not have purchased it in the first place, it is not for you, go buy a minivan).
3.) Yea audi may enter the market late, but i guarantee you it will be the best damn looking and performing suv to hit US soil. ( but who knows, my moms friend has a range rover and that certainly beats out any suv i have been in, including mercedes benz, bmw, even the cayenne.)

Well thats my 2 cents.

Thanks, Damien

PS - im sorry for the sloppy grammar and sentence structure, im ghungry and gonna eat some food.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default agree 100%

Don't understand audi either..
but already we are seeing that SUV market is going down. it cost to much to operate. despite huge discounts that manufactures are trying to sell off their inventory.. .
Old 04-03-2005, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I tink UR FACE is bland lol....JK

the problem is that Audi investing money in wrong market, instead contracting on the vehicles that they build, maybe they should of add Diesel engines to every line up, give more options in choices, I would like to see what Europe and other parts of the world has .. instead promoting a huge vehicle that to me doesn't make sense.. because everyone in North America does it.. it is so stupid...
How many people will buy the car.. look the sales of Porsche C and VW T.. always in red territory..
95% people who own SUV they don't use for purpose that they "supposly be built" people they buy because they fill safe ??? they want big car that will protect them.. that is wrong marketing done by manufactures.. I am suprised that nobody yet sue all those manufacture that promote those cars as safe car.. I was hit by one of them , and even 3 weeks passed I still have pains in body as result of that. what pissed me off more, the guy came out to me and said sorry I couldn't stop.. I would kill that MF in the instant not because he hit me but because he choice to drive Pof S that kill people.. look at the statistics and insurance reports what they say.. how many SUV's killed or injured people as result of accidents in NA every 3 third accident is SUV of course occupants of the SUV are protected but other people die, and get injured.. so what this tell me, that I should go buy HUGE MF SUV so I can feel safe, pay huge for GAS prices.. Fu.. That ..

this is my view
.01 cent

Old 04-05-2005, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better to be bland than look like a Cayenne.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It will not be a true SUV like the T-reg or the Cayenne. 350 lighter and less real off road capable.

But in reality hardly anyone realy goes off road. I have done more off roading in my Allroad than most SUV's!
It will be a bigger Allroad with a 3rd row seat. And if I can get a diesel I will take a good look at one.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:49 PM

But the Allroad has nice, sexy wagon lines. The Q7... well, it doesn't.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Stooooooooopid Germans.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yuppies have $$$ to spend on such a vehicle

thats my best guess.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Default same was said about the touareg

came into the game late. didn't need more suvs on the road etc...but it still sells a buttload and regardless of how nice the avants are, $$$ talks. if they can sell the Q7, they'll make it. and they will definitely sell them.

Quick Reply: Why is Audi doing this?