Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Water Leak 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak 2

Hi all , I haven't been on the forum for a while, but thought I would post to see if anyone could help me as I think I have helped others with water leak. I am the one that have posted videos on removing roof liner and fabricating new plugs for the sunroof and also videos for removing the Boss amp and by passing with fibre optics loop.
Okay my new issue is water on the passenger floor , I have looked at the sunroof drains that I fixed and though maybe it came out , but after removing the left corner of the roof liner , drain is fine and drains perfect, so not leaking from sunroof. I stuck my hand and felt the plug for water but all is dry except around where the roof rails attach to the roof, seems some mositure but not enought to be wet.
I pressed down on the roof rail and it seems there is a little play and looks like the gasket as broken. I have not removed the whole liner again , trying to avoid that huge task.
My next tought was the A/C drain , checked that out and all seems fine, only the floor is wet and not the curved floor so I would assume the a/c drain is fine. I have noticed that there is drip on the corner of the glove box but I can't seem to track where it is coming from.
I haven't had much of a chance of trying to locate the leak as it has been raining in the UK on and off for about the last 4 weeks.
Anyway just thought I would post and see if anyone has come accross the same situation before I start taking everything apart to figure out what is the cause of the leak.
Any help would be appreciated, also don't forget to check out my videos and manuals that I have posted on the forum regarding the sunroof leak and boss amp removal, also on you tube.
Any help would be appricated. If you have any question about the sunroof liner and amp removal ask me and I will try to help.
Any help on this new leak would be great. Cheers
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default I do like your videos... Thanks for posting

I haven't had the problems of leaking, so I can't help. Your Q7 seems to have a few problems?

Cheers,

Louis
Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yep a few water problem , but everything else perfect.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you checked the air plenum chamber drains at the base of the windscreen - they can get blocked and allow water to build up which will then seep in through the heater air inlet. The pollen filter is above the cover under the glove box so that could be where your leak is from.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I will check over the weekend and see if they are clogged.
Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just curious, do you use a rooftop cargo box? Could that have casued the play in the roof rails? Could that play be the source of a leak especially if the gasket appears damaged?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ever had a windshield replaced? If they did a poor job of sealing it could leak from the bottom or corner.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Never had wind screen replaced and no roof rails that is why I am puzzled and if you look at some of my older posts I have taken out the liner fixed the drans , removed the boss amp so I am pretty savey when it comes to looking for things like that , I am going to look more into it this weekend as the weather in London has been crappy hopefully I will get a chance this weekend. I will post my findings. Cheers
Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time my feet got wet on the passenger side it was the AC drain. had to pull the cover down and get the flap moving again .. also you should pull the plastic inner fender liner back on both sides in the front and reach up and clean the drains from where they drain out. Take the blander things off and get all that crap out of there. Mine were a mess and I never thought there was much falling down in there. they drain out the same place the windshield drains... so between the two there can be alot of crap in there. I wrote something up in the forum at one time about how to get at them and clean them....