Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Old 08-09-2016, 10:18 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

Is there a write-up anywhere on how to change the Q7 battery please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a write-up anywhere on how to change the Q7 battery please?

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:54 PM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nebalt
Thank you.
http://www.justanswer.com/audi/238co...tand-it-s.html
Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nebalt
Thank you.
Maybe this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Front_Seat_Removal.pdf (83.3 KB, 2289 views)
File Type: pdf
Battery_Removal_Installation.pdf (137.4 KB, 2309 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 07:04 PM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Maybe this will help.

Those are great directions, thanks for posting the pdfs.

look at my above post and scroll down once the link is opened...the directions and diagram indicate the seat does not need removing.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow, didn't know that the Q7 had the battery under a seat??? is this true with most german cars or audis? or just the Q7?

i am just used to having easy access to replacing battery from under the hood.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by omniskye
wow, didn't know that the Q7 had the battery under a seat??? is this true with most german cars or audis? or just the Q7?

It does seem odd...my 2004 Volvo XC90 had the battery located in the cargo area under access panel in the floor. Very easy to get to and no heat...I had the oem battery in it from August 2003 to when I sold it in February 2010 and never had a problem with it.

I would hope the Q7 gets similar life as it is in a climate controlled environment.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by omniskye

thats the way i had always thought of it until like 12yrs ago me and the wife got stranded out of town in our '95 BMW 5series. we bought it used (so no manual) and had never even thought about the battery until it died. we were able to flag down somebody to give us a jump and the really nice guy even had cables so were were ecstatic as we popped the hood and looked...

and looked and looked and looked. the samaritan is asking stuff like, "are you sure you had a battery?" "look at that thing. is that your battery?"...we ended up having to call BMW roadside for the jump because nobody could find the battery which was nestled comfortably under the right rear passenger seat

what made it even better was that the following day it died in the garage so i figured i would just pop it out and run to pep boys like i had been doing for years on non-luxury cars. 'fraid not!

turns out the battery wasnt a battery at all but i think they called it a "power module" or some space age nonsense. had never seen an all-white battery before that and it had other things attached to it along with + and -. according to the dealer not only could i not simply buy a replacement at a local pep boys throw it in and keep rolling along, i had to pay BMW service $3-400 to "reset and check" the electrical system after installation (turns out most of that was for the battery but still...)

the internet would have helped a lot back then and i probably coulda saved a few dollars....but i learned then that if you intend to ride this luxury vehicle train, be ready for bumps in between the AHHHs
Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Goodlivn
....but i learned then that if you intend to ride this luxury vehicle train, be ready for bumps in between the AHHHs

i am still shocked at this..... hahaha. and it sounds like it's on some german cars and not just Q7s or audis in particular. sounds very impractical to me, luxury car or not.

so it sounds like if you are ever stranded somewhere due to battery outage, you better know how to remove the seat if you call a friend for a jump. otherwise, your best bet is to just call AAA or audi roadside. i know i'll be studying/reading those PDF guides below now!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

WTF? I was all set to laugh thinking someone was asking for a write on something stupid easy. Seriously...how are you supposed to jump the car? Do they at least give a point under the hood to connect to? Not only wouldn't I want to remove the seat to jump it but I wouldn't want any AAA guys touching my interior!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wclepse
WTF? I was all set to laugh thinking someone was asking for a write on something stupid easy. Seriously...how are you supposed to jump the car? Do they at least give a point under the hood to connect to? Not only wouldn't I want to remove the seat to jump it but I wouldn't want any AAA guys touching my interior!
Of course they do. All cars with remote located batteries have jump points under the hood. Both my Q7 and Z4 have remote batteries(Z4's is in the trunk) but the jump points are easily reached(and marked) under the hood. In some ways they are easier to use as there are no battery cables in the way.

Quick Reply: Is there a write-up anywhere on how to change the Q7 battery please?