Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TDI Goodwill Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you must have received a screaming deal..........If that was the case, why are you now looking for a handout and trying to defraud the system like Audi did?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EvergreenQ7
So you must have received a screaming deal..........If that was the case, why are you now looking for a handout and trying to defraud the system like Audi did?
It would have been a screaming deal if the stop sale hadn't depleted stock so much, so we had to take whatever we could find. We bought direct from a dealer in VA (I am military stationed in CA) and then had it shipped here via boat through the Panama Canal.

I wouldn't say VW defrauded the system with the 3.0 TDI engines as badly as they did the 2.0. If that was the case we wouldn't be putting AdBlue in at all.

Grey
Old 04-02-2016, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
Not at all. It was a stop sale against new and CPO sales. Some dealers may have taken the guidance the wrong way from Audi and stopped all sales of TDI vehicles, but that was not how it was presented to them.
So you voluntarily gave up a CPO warranty to buy the TDI? Did the dealer further reduce the price to make up for the difference in cost without it?
Old 04-02-2016, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
So you voluntarily gave up a CPO warranty to buy the TDI? Did the dealer further reduce the price to make up for the difference in cost without it?
The Q7 we bought was in VA and had the same packages we wanted as one we saw here in SoCal. Price here was $50k + 8% tax for 2014 Prem+ 13k miles w/ Warm/Cold and 20" wheels, and no CPO inspection or repairs. We get the one in VA for $46k same packages and no tax (I am military from Oregon). It was an Audi Assist Vehicle for its first year of service and then driven by the dealer's wife. They had run it through the CPO program and put on new tires and front rotors/pads. It also has the the Audi Care so it was a much better deal.

Grey
Old 04-11-2016, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I spoke with an autonation Audi dealer and they're not selling any tdi's as policy right now. Having a tough time tracking down a premium with adaptive cruise 2013 or 14. 40kish depending on mileage. I have one in philly that I'm looking at online but I'm in NV. Any real reason not to buy a tdi? States will still grant emissions registration right?
Old 04-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

I was at my Audi dealer Saturday and was told they have deposits on all of the on-hold TDI Q7s stashed away. Once released for sale they should go for at least $10K under MSRP.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

And it continues...

http://www.albanydailystar.com/busin...nce-11723.html

Grey
Old 04-13-2016, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For posterity's sake:

INFORMATION FROM THE NEVADA ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE FOR NEVADA CONSUMERS WHO
OWN VOLKSWAGEN OR AUDI DIESEL VEHICLES*
1. What is the problem with VW diesel cars and is my car affected?
Volkswagen of America Group is being investigated for installing software in certain diesel cars that
senses when an emission test is being administered and falsifies the results. Some of these VW and Audi
A3 vehicles for the relevant model years are currently registered in Nevada.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has found that certain four-cylinder
Volkswagen and Audi diesel cars from model years 2009-2015 have illegal software that circumvents
EPA emissions standards for certain air pollutants. This software is called a “defeat device.” In
September 2015, EPA issued a notice of violation of the Clean Air Act (CAA) to Volkswagen for producing
and selling diesel cars with this software. EPA continues to investigate this problem.
You can find a list of the vehicles with this software and answers to Frequently Asked Questions at
EPA’s website: http://www3.epa.gov/otaq/cert/violations.htm.
2. Is Nevada investigating this problem and what is likely to be the result of an investigation?
The Nevada Attorney General’s Office is investigating this problem, along with a multistate group. This
investigation will take time, and we cannot predict the results at present. In settlements with
companies found to be violating Nevada’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act, the Nevada Attorney General
is entitled to obtain injunctive terms to prevent the conduct from recurring, civil penalties and
sometimes obtains restitution for Nevadans who have suffered damages as a result of the company’s
actions. Restitution may include money for any damages, refunds, or replacement. However, there is
no guarantee of any particular outcome in this matter.
3. My car is affected. What should I do now?
A. The State of Nevada investigation. Because this case is being investigated, and losses suffered by
consumers will be addressed in the government’s investigation, consumers are not required to contact
Volkswagen directly, although you may choose to do so in order to keep up to date with the latest
developments. Owners of affected vehicles may file a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General’s
office in order to provide us with more information for our investigation. To file a complaint
electronically, go to our online complaint form.
B. Private actions. You are free to join a class action. You can also consult with a private attorney. Our
Office cannot advise you whether to take either action. Consumers can contact the law firms which have
filed these private lawsuits and ask questions about the pros and cons of joining a lawsuit. As in any
private litigation on behalf of consumers, the attorneys handling the private lawsuit will be paid a
portion of any money received from the lawsuit.
So that you know your rights and obligations should you join a lawsuit, you may want to ask the law
firm questions such as:
• Would I be a named plaintiff in the lawsuit or just a member of the class of affected consumers?
• What would be my degree of involvement in the litigation if I were a named plaintiff? Would this be
different if I were just a member of the class of affected consumers?
• Would I be required to pay any expenses for the lawsuit?
• Would I be subject to a deposition or would I have to provide written responses as part of the
discovery process?
• Would my status affect the amount of damages I might receive when the case is settled?
• Would I have to elect to receive restitution or damages only through the class action?
4. I am worried about my car causing air pollution. What is Volkswagen’s plan to fix my car so it does not
emit so much air pollution? Will I have to pay for the repair?
Volkswagen has stated that it plans to recall and retrofit 11 million diesel-powered cars worldwide.
Volkswagen must come up with a plan to correct the problem and this must be approved by EPA.
Although Volkswagen has said that it will be asking owners to bring their cars in soon to have the illegal
software deactivated, it could be several months or more before a recall is issued.
It is our understanding that owners will be notified of that recall once Volkswagen and Audi have
developed a remedial plan and EPA has approved the plan. Manufacturers are given a reasonable
amount of time to develop a plan to complete the repairs, including both the repair procedure and
manufacture of any needed parts. Depending on the complexity of the repair and the lead time needed
to obtain the necessary components, it could take up to one year or possibly more to identify corrective
actions, develop a recall plan, and issue recall notices.
You are not responsible for repair costs related to an emissions recall.
5. What changes would need to be made to my car to meet air pollution control standards under the
Clean Air Act? What would it mean for my car?
It is unknown at this time. The federal government has not issued any findings at this time to address
how each vehicle’s emissions system would have to be changed to meet air pollution standards.
However, some private automotive experts have offered opinions about possible options. One example
of options that have been suggested is here. We do not know whether or not these options will be
approved.
6. Will my car pass a Nevada State Inspection before it is repaired?
Yes, vehicles with the affected emissions systems will pass a Nevada emissions test. According to a
statement from the DMV, a vehicle with this problem will not fail the emissions system component of
the inspection process. In this instance, consumers will not be held responsible for a problem created by
the manufacturer. The emission system will need to be repaired, but it may be done as part of the EPA
approved recall process.
*This webpage will be updated as new information becomes available. Please check back often.