Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TDI EPA Fix Completed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am just going to get the docs notarized. It seems there is another settlement besides the VW. What is that?
Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by arcsupply
Hi, I am just going to get the docs notarized. It seems there is another settlement besides the VW. What is that?
Thanks ahead of time.
It's the Bosch Settlement. Around $1500.
If you filed for the VW Settlement then you are automatically signed up for the Bosch Settlement, supposedly.
We turned our Jetta in about 6 weeks ago and still haven't seen our Bosch payment..
Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Right, It is the Bosch. I'll call VWGoA to find out about that.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just send in the paper work. It didn't ask me the bank information for the choice of ETF, strange.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Called the VWGoA, No more first half of the $ paid because there is an approved fix. All the settlement will be paid once the modification is completed. Schedule an appointment with the dealership next week. It will take 3 days to finished. It does include some other recall work. I also include a oil and filter change at the same time. (I have to pay myself.) Cross my fingers.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default TDI fix for my 2015 TDI

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
I'm starting this thread with the hope that those who have the EPA Settlement Fix done to their TDI will report here with their experience - especially how is the car after the fix has been done? Performance change? Mileage change? Are you as happy with the car after the fix as you were before the fix? Your overall thoughts?

Please, let's leave this thread for those who have actually had the job done to their cars. Thanks.
Just had the fix done this week on my ‘15 TDI. So far it seems just fine. I did notice the RPM get alittle higher before the shift in transmission. I think it might be, I say “slightly” louder from engine perspective, just slightly. But so far so good no major items or issues to report. I’ll report back in another week or two.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default TDI fix

Originally Posted by Hoosier1661
Picked my 2014 Q7 TDI up today after getting the fix. I'm happy to report that the only noticeable difference is the higher rpms at startup and idle (850-900 rpms). Power/acceleration seems the same and I've made 3 trips and my gas mileage hasn't changed (62 miles driven so far - mix of highway and city). That may change as time goes by but so far it feels like the same car.
I had my Q7 TDI fix this last week. And I agree the only small notice in RMP increase. But nothing else so far. Still has plenty of power and zip. Love it.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have finally made my appointment and it's for next Friday. I was told I'd have the car back the same day. Will respite back.

One item I have noticed about fuel economy for the Q7 is ambient temperature. We had very cold weather here recently and my fuel mileage worsened by about 2-3 MPG. It's warmed up into the 30s now and I'm back to where I was before. Hmm...
Old 01-23-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got my 2014 Q7 TDI back after the fix at 33K miles last Wednesday. I'm definitely not very happy with the resulting performance. It's still a great car, but gone is the low end torque on acceleration from a stop - the engine just wants to rev up to 2500 or higher RPM before shifting. It seems to need more pedal to accelerate than it used to, and there's a very noticeable turbo lag which I didn't notice pre-fix. Mileage seems to be about the same on the highway, maybe 1 or 2 mpg lower in town. It's definitely less fun to drive in town due to the loss of low end acceleration and lag. I'm really thinking about some sort of ECU/chip modification to regain some of the punch and torque that I used to enjoy. Please tell me about the Chipwerke mod if you've tried it!

Last edited by meridanbennett; 01-24-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Late to the discussion- (but long time AW member way back from the B5 S4 days- that I still have.

I had the fix on my 2014 Q7 TDI shortly after it was approved. Agreed, that shift points are higher- but I only notice this when it is cold. I have the paddles so I just shift it early when it is warming up. It does seem louder when cold as well.

My biggest complaint is what I can only describe as a stumbling/surging at a warm start. For example if I drive 20-90+ min, park for an hour or so and get back in to drive, it has a noticeable surge/stumble (even audible). I am trying to make sure I can duplicate it before it goes back for a look.

Anyone else see this?

meridanbennett - I too have thought software would be great (I was looking at malone) but if you do this you'll likely get flagged with the infamous "TD1" for modifications which may void, or possibly give them an avenue, to deny claims. Given the extended warranty I think I am stuck stock for the time being.

Last edited by S4lorn; 01-23-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: TDI EPA Fix Completed