Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Starting problem

I have this problem when ever I start my vehicle it will shut off sometime, when I start it again I have to give it some gas the same time It being start. The computer don't show anything. I need some help i have 2015 Q7 miles 132 090
Old 08-25-2022, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like mine. Go to start it and it cranks, starts, stalls occasionally? My tech said High pressure fuel pump probably. But it wouldn't do it the whole time they had it, all day. And didn't want to replace them if he couldn't replicate the problem. Good luck and let us know if you get it sorted.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 732 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Kc Taylor
I have this problem when ever I start my vehicle it will shut off sometime, when I start it again I have to give it some gas the same time It being start. The computer don't show anything. I need some help i have 2015 Q7 miles 132 090
I'm guessing you have a gas engine? Unless you've done a complete scan of the car with VCDS or a similar, VAG-compatible scan tool optimized to read Audi's (VW-group) coding, you won't really know, as you won't be able to view the hidden trouble code history the car stores; these don't trigger the MIL lamps, and you wouldn't see a MIL/CEL for an issue like this unless it relates to a sensor or other monitored item being significantly out of normal spec.

Scan the car with the correct, VAG-compatible scantool if you haven't, and then go look directly at the live data stream for your fuel pump output; it will show you what the pressure output actually, and you can compare that with what it should be, etc., and thus know for sure. HPFP's don't last forever, and it's not terribly expensive to replace them, if that's what you need. Seems like you've had your car for a while, so you likely did the standard interval 'tune-up' on it, and replaced coil-packs and spark plugs...the things that make the ignition cycle work, and keep the car running flawlessly, yup. Could be a clogged air filter and/or fuel filter giving it problems; look at your service records and see if you've missed anything that needs doing, like cleaning the MAF/MAP sensor. Little things add up over time.
The following users liked this post:
-Wes- (09-06-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'
I'm guessing you have a gas engine? Unless you've done a complete scan of the car with VCDS or a similar, VAG-compatible scan tool optimized to read Audi's (VW-group) coding, you won't really know, as you won't be able to view the hidden trouble code history the car stores; these don't trigger the MIL lamps, and you wouldn't see a MIL/CEL for an issue like this unless it relates to a sensor or other monitored item being significantly out of normal spec.

Scan the car with the correct, VAG-compatible scantool if you haven't, and then go look directly at the live data stream for your fuel pump output; it will show you what the pressure output actually, and you can compare that with what it should be, etc., and thus know for sure. HPFP's don't last forever, and it's not terribly expensive to replace them, if that's what you need. Seems like you've had your car for a while, so you likely did the standard interval 'tune-up' on it, and replaced coil-packs and spark plugs...the things that make the ignition cycle work, and keep the car running flawlessly, yup. Could be a clogged air filter and/or fuel filter giving it problems; look at your service records and see if you've missed anything that needs doing, like cleaning the MAF/MAP sensor. Little things add up over time.
thanks I appreciate I would do everything your said to do. I keep u updated
Old 01-21-2023, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default After changing my high High pressure fuel pump

So after I swap out my high pressure fuel pump my vehicle making this vibrant noise when my rpm is at 1 1/2
Audi 2015 q7 3.o