Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 wiper fluid fill indicator will not turn off

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q7 wiper fluid fill indicator will not turn off

About a week ago the indicator came on telling me I was low on wiper fluid. I went ahead and filled it up, took almost a whole bottle. Now the indicator won't reset. It keeps coming on even though the washer fluid is full. I have hooked up my VAG-COM, but I'm stumped, no fault codes are being thrown. Sensor problem? Also, how do you even get to the reservoir and sensor? I have 2007 Q7 3.6L. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Arkansas Audi Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe try disconnect/reconnect battery?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tkrist
maybe try disconnect/reconnect battery?
I'll give it a go, and report back...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try adding water. mine does it sometimes.

peter
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do not disconnect and reconnect battery! That's just gonna open up another can of worms.
The following users liked this post:
misaine1 (10-15-2020)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok... The annoying washer fluid empty symbol has bugged me long enough. I ordered a new sensor to replace the supposedly faulty one on the fluid reservoir. I used this parts diagram to order the correct part:
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/sho...modelYear=2007
Got the part, took off the front wheel, pulled the liner out, and pulled out my fluid reservoir. THERE IS NO SENSOR... There isn't even a hole for one, my reservoir has a slightly different part number. There is only one cable and it is for the washer system fluid pump. I'm perplexed. Does the pump act as the sensor too? The part number of the pump is 1T0955651A. This is frustrating, is there something I am overlooking?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PingBing
Ok... The annoying washer fluid empty symbol has bugged me long enough. I ordered a new sensor to replace the supposedly faulty one on the fluid reservoir. I used this parts diagram to order the correct part:
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/sho...modelYear=2007
Got the part, took off the front wheel, pulled the liner out, and pulled out my fluid reservoir. THERE IS NO SENSOR... There isn't even a hole for one, my reservoir has a slightly different part number. There is only one cable and it is for the washer system fluid pump. I'm perplexed. Does the pump act as the sensor too? The part number of the pump is 1T0955651A. This is frustrating, is there something I am overlooking?
I think I have it fixed, it required going to my VAG-COM and doing a little coding, essentially turning off DIS. I no longer have the trip computer functions in the MMI, but I no longer have a wiper fluid warning indicator either.... I can live with that. All because my model of Q7 didn't come with the sensor on the fluid reservoir. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had the same issue with my 2011 Q7. The light would not go out even though the bottle was full. 10 bucks for a new sensor and all fixed. The sensor just plugs into a grommet in the side of the bottle. You can see the connector in the middle of the picture. It helps to lube the sensor when popping it back in.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Have any of you been using Rain-X fluid in the washer reservoir? It has been know to cause a film to form on the sensor, which then screws it up.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 69RS
Had the same issue with my 2011 Q7. The light would not go out even though the bottle was full. 10 bucks for a new sensor and all fixed. The sensor just plugs into a grommet in the side of the bottle. You can see the connector in the middle of the picture. It helps to lube the sensor when popping it back in.

Where did you get the sensor? Part number? So just remove the liner and I should be able to see it?

Quick Reply: Q7 wiper fluid fill indicator will not turn off