Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Used Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 567 Likes on 449 Posts

If the original owner sold the vehicle AFTER January, they forfeited all settlement money.. you'll get the full amount (~$9k USD), if they sold it before then AND registered in a timely manner then you'll split half the settlement w/the previous owner.. You can check vin numbers on the #dieslegate claims portal before buying to see what the payout is.. You can get half of what your due now, and the other half after the fix has been applied.. You also get a full factory bridge warranty until the fix is released and a free oil change and adblue refill.. Once fixed you'll get a full warranty on Engine/ECU/Turbo/Exhaust (including sensors)/Fuel System for a good while.. much longer than anything else.. IIRC ~140k miles but dont quote me on that.

Audi Dealers are not allowed to collect settlement money, however any other 3rd party dealer could/can/will claim half the payout.

My previous owner claimed my vehicle, so I'm only getting half the payout for the fix.. you'll at least get that much, perhaps 2x if your lucky.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 07-31-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 07 has 114,500ish miles. divorced last year so i don't need it any longer. 4.2 V8. air suspension, alcantara, 4 zone heat and air. all service done on time at dealer.

if interested, answer me.

peter
Old 08-01-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Checked out the vin through the portal for that triple black one i posted earlier. Says I would be eligible for 9k. But doesnt say anything if I have to split? It is at a LR dealer so I assume they would claim as well? How many ways could the payment be split?
If it is telling me Id be eligible for 9k, does that mean no one else has claimed it and I would get the 9k for sure? Because that would be...amazing.

Pag, thanks but no thanks. Needs to be 2012+ and diesel.

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
If the original owner sold the vehicle AFTER January, they forfeited all settlement money.. you'll get the full amount (~$9k USD), if they sold it before then AND registered in a timely manner then you'll split half the settlement w/the previous owner.. You can check vin numbers on the #dieslegate claims portal before buying to see what the payout is.. You can get half of what your due now, and the other half after the fix has been applied.. You also get a full factory bridge warranty until the fix is released and a free oil change and adblue refill.. Once fixed you'll get a full warranty on Engine/ECU/Turbo/Exhaust (including sensors)/Fuel System for a good while.. much longer than anything else.. IIRC ~140k miles but dont quote me on that.

Audi Dealers are not allowed to collect settlement money, however any other 3rd party dealer could/can/will claim half the payout.

My previous owner claimed my vehicle, so I'm only getting half the payout for the fix.. you'll at least get that much, perhaps 2x if your lucky.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct, all deadlines have gone and went for any previous owners to claim.. for Audi's it seems less than half of previous owners bothered to file..
Old 08-01-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats crazy. Must be nice to not give a darn about 5-9k! That is good news for guys like us though. Im hoping could pick up one of these guys as early as December but well have to see how things play out in next few months here. Did not expect to be buying or even wanting to buy a Q7 when we were buying the s8 last August. But for 30-35k with the fix money having a brand new fully loaded luxury diesel SUV...might as well. Buy it, keep it 10+ years.

Correct, all deadlines have gone and went for any previous owners to claim.. for Audi's it seems less than half of previous owners bothered to file..
Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

the fix will be out before the end of October, and more than likely finding any unfixed vehicles on the market eligible for claim will be neigh impossible.. Audi Dealers wont be allowed to sell unfixed vehicles once a fix is available.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Where do you see that October is the fix date? I did not see a date in this document.
Also the ECU calibration verification deadline date is nov 30 2017, and TCU cal is FEB 28 2018.
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en...pendix%20B.pdf

the fix will be out before the end of October, and more than likely finding any unfixed vehicles on the market eligible for claim will be neigh impossible.. Audi Dealers wont be allowed to sell unfixed vehicles once a fix is available.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

and there is every chance it cold come earlier than that, those are the deadlines.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ohhh man, ok thanks!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

scuse my ignorance. So this is the deadline that they have to present the gen 2 fix yes? Then there is still time between the proposal and approval.
Say it is approved in December. My "last chance" would be to buy it before or right after the approval correct?

The triple black one I posted, when i went thru the claims portal, looks like I can get back 9.8k. But it is not from an audi dealer. So neither the PO or the dealer has registered the vin. Which means I could say buy it today, register it tomorrow, and neither the PO nor the dealer could register and claim half since I already registered it?

Thanks for your patience.

and there is every chance it cold come earlier than that, those are the deadlines.

Quick Reply: Q7 Used Models