Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Upgraded Front & Rear Sway/Stabiliser Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Finally got around to installing the new Cayenne TT sway bars & sway links. Feels better so far, as in the steering felt alot more crisp; I'll have a better idea next week when I roadtrip the beast down to Orlando, Fl.

I ended up having all of this installed:
955-343-701-50 Porsche Cayenne FRONT Yellow w/ air sus 37mm
955-343-792-50 (x2) - Front Bushings
955-333-701-30 Porsche Cayenne REAR Yellow w/ air sus 25.6mm
955-333-792-30 (x2) Rear Bushings
N10402902 (x4) Nuts for bar ends (Deform when tightened, not reusable)

On top of that I replaced the sway bar end link front and back with Porsche Turbo parts:
7L0505466D (Rear Right)
7L0505465D (Rear Left)
7L0411317 (2, Front Sway bar)

Now that I have the old Sway bars off, the old part numbers:
Front: 7L0411025G Green Dot
Rear: 7L0511025G Lilac Dot

On the install side my advisor (whom I've know a while) described replacing the end links as a pretty big deal, apparently you have to deflate the air suspension to be able to reach the top nut on each of the shock assemblies for the sway links. So heads up if you're doing this on your own. All the parts removed didn't show any damage other than father time's handling; I just wanted fresh parts while they were down there. I was able to get the dealer to do the install for about $360, after talking him down from $550, further cut with a coupon (down to $300) the dealer had sent me for %15 off any maintenance days before it was finished! I walked away with a new starter with installation, sway bars, and endlinks installed for $1200.... That's a steal in my book!!

Last edited by Built4Sin; 12-14-2018 at 03:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Corrado Alley (04-15-2024)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^well done. you have to do this in pairs with new hardware and most people are not aware or don't care.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Get the Cayenne Bars!!

Just made the trek from Upper FL to mid FL, the ride has completely changed... Cornering no longer involves gross body roll, and that's driving with the suspension in Auto. I took a corner merging onto the highway with a suggested mph of 35 at about 65 and had it been dry I could have pushed it harder. Before, the SUV rolled too hard to attempt heavy corners fast.

If you're looking for a better handling ride, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade the bars and sways (mileage consideration if the sway links are needed).
Old 12-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Ace Ventura

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can you give me a ballpark idea of what the parts

cost? Just looking for a rough idea. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Just made the trek from Upper FL to mid FL, the ride has completely changed... Cornering no longer involves gross body roll, and that's driving with the suspension in Auto. I took a corner merging onto the highway with a suggested mph of 35 at about 65 and had it been dry I could have pushed it harder. Before, the SUV rolled too hard to attempt heavy corners fast.

If you're looking for a better handling ride, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade the bars and sways (mileage consideration if the sway links are needed).
Old 12-23-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sunset Porsche, 2017 prices

Cruising around Orlando... Kicking myself for not installing these as soon as I got them last year. Night and day
Old 12-24-2018, 04:52 AM
Ace Ventura

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many thanks!!!!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks like a great solution, cost effective as opposed to new coilovers, etc. Will this same parts list work for a non-air set-up (2014 TDI Prestige)? My primary goal is to improve the cornering/steering feel as opposed to the straight line "road" feel. Only one setting in the non-air and Chicago's streets are firm enough for me.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

You would need to reference the parts for the steel suspension Cayenne GTS or TURBO (2004-2010) Sway Bars. The parts list above I posted, wouldn't work as designed, because you're not using air suspension. The Touareg board, has people that installed the steel equivalents and they noted, their Touaregs' handled just the same as their buddies Cayenne's. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2022, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am interested in starting to collect parts for this upgrade. I will be picking up next week a Q7 tdi sline (non air)with a fair Amt of rust specifically around the sway bars and shocks. At 95k it could probably stand for a suspension rebuild for multiple reasons. I do plan to tow so would also like to have stiffer rear for squat as well.

Confirming also what years cayenne are compatible and which platforms are an upgrade s vs turbo.

TIA
Steve
Old 07-10-2022, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 597 Posts
Default Drive It First

Originally Posted by Smiledr996s
I am interested in starting to collect parts for this upgrade. I will be picking up next week a Q7 tdi sline (non air)with a fair Amt of rust specifically around the sway bars and shocks. At 95k it could probably stand for a suspension rebuild for multiple reasons. I do plan to tow so would also like to have stiffer rear for squat as well.

Confirming also what years cayenne are compatible and which platforms are an upgrade s vs turbo.

TIA
Steve
FYI, the steel susp Q7 is fairly taught in OE format, and going to thicker swaybars does nothing for the static 'squat' of your vehicle under a trailer load. There are very simple add-ons, such as Sumo Springs (not what they sound like), and others, to firm up your load carrying ability/reduce squat, etc. Drive the car first and then reevaluate/research.

The air susp car, which we also have, IMHO seems to have smaller diameter sway bars on it, and relies much more on the variable air bags and variable shock absorbers, and of course dropping it on the ground in Sport mode to get it firmed up and playful, if somewhat harsh. Having both suspensions on our cars, I wouldn't compare his air suspension car with how your steel susp is going to feel to you. I actually prefer the steel susp for general, everyday driving, as it is well damped and firm riding, and very responsive with the OE Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S Plus tires. I have zero complaints about the handling on it, whereas I do feel the air susp equipped car is quite a bit more roly-poly, and 'mushy' feeling in the corners unless it is dropped into the Sport mode suspension setting, which is the lowest standard ride height. This should not be a huge surprise as air suspension offers a much more cushy ride over harsh road surfaces when it's not in the 'Sport' setting, and riding higher to allow the air springs and shock settings to be optimized for quality of ride. Not that it handles badly, it's just more grand touring than go-cart. My steel susp feels much more go-cart than grand touring. I like to push and see what they are capable of; I think you'll be surprised when you drive it.

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 07-10-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Q7 Upgraded Front & Rear Sway/Stabiliser Bars