Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Problem with door hinge weakness

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with door hinge weakness

Hi,

I have two times experienced problems with the driver front door.
There becomes a dent in the door where the lowest hinge is, and the dent is "sticking out" from the door. Another symptom is that the door "hangs" further down in the back and is hanging a bit on the lock. You have to give the door a small push to get it open.
The door has not been exposed to any external forces wind or similar, but the problem still occurred.

I had a body shop fix it in april last year and it all was good up until now!
The problem is starting to appear again, a small dent and the door at the hinge and it hangs on the lock and there is a gap at the rear part of the door.

I went to the body shop complaining and they tell me that this is a known Audi Q7 problem and that it will never be good. They say it is a bad manufacturing of the door from the beginning and it is a common problem.

Have anyone of you heard of this before? Are they correct, is this very common and will it never be good?

-A-
Old 02-24-2017, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default i'd have to say

that your Q7 must have been in a heck of a wreck before you got it and it was repaired REALLY poorly. This type of thing does not happen in normal situations.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

I too have not heard of any issue with the hinges or doors like that. If the hinges are out of adjustment / alignment I suppose over time some stress could be applied to the door and cause issues. If the body shop fixed it once and now it's back, they fixed the symptom but not the root problem. I would get a second opinion at the very least.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car also had driver door problem. when i open my front door.. i can hear a loud click.

MY SA told me: oh your car been repair before. I can see your driver door hinge was not paint entirely. I was ****. My car has never been in any accident. They end up adjusting door hinge. They told me: the load balancing between top and bottom wasnt correct. We fix it because it was out of our grace. Although the problem was fix for now. But, they told me even if was manufacture problem, it was over 1 year period. You will still need to be paying for a new hinge out of your pocket if we need to replace.

I never had any problem with my BMW. They always fix everything under warranty. Including replace breakpad.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car has never been crashed before, they claim that this is very common and that this going to happen sooner or later...

I think I have to check with the main import company if they have any info on this.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

My drivers door does this and I also have not had any wreck/damage.
I do not have the dent/protrusion and I do not have any issues from the outside opening the door.
But when in the drivers seat going to exit I really have to push on the door to break it free.

Last thing they checked 'at my request' was based off what I wrote above.
From outside it's like butter...
Inside is like an old F100 on the farm with the door stuck...
So I wondered if maybe the inside handle wasn't releasing the lock/latch fully... of course they said no problem found.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So far it is 50/50 here in this tread... anyone else experienced this?