Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

NEW Q7 picture

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
Forgive my bluntness, but were you really considering a '16 Q7 if you are settling for a Murano? Not in the same league is an understatement. With the exception of a model or two, Nissan is in the business of building cars as cheaply as possible and competes primarily for what I call the "rental car" buyer. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.
My Q7 had right front fender replaced last month, and I was given a Murano as a rental for 5 days. What a POS! Felt and looked cheap, crappy steering, and I hated the CVT.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Audi will get my money with the new Q7 (TDI specifically). It will look better (good) with a slightly higher ride height (which we are bound to get in NA), in a lighter colour and with tinted windows.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blannnddd zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Originally Posted by K2audi
I personally like it a lot...one thing that always seems to happen when a new model comes out

the majority of the original owners of the previous gen. dislike the new design. I saw a lot of negative comments when we bought our first Q7 back in Dec. 2006 and now it has turned out to be an incredible success with the Audi selling more Q7's later in it's life cycle than when it was first announced. I attribute this to Audi's design growing on more people and Audi becoming a bigger player in the marketplace

A new design means change and most people don't like change. I think once people see this in person and on the road, the design will take on better acceptance. Sometimes, people just need to get used to something new...and since Audi's designs tend to be more of a sophisticated design language they do not have the same impact in the marketplace as a very dramatic and short term design does.

JMHO

...as for me, the wife and I have already made plans to do euro delivery in August 2016 for a 2017 model :-)
True dat, however, it seems clear that the central tendency of Audi exterior design is toward blandness (somehow the R8 has escaped so far). I'm not a fan of today's overstyled MB exteriors, but jeez, a little excitement wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm on my second Q7 now and both have been great vehicles, so, after an in-person look at the next-gen, I'll probably order one. I am a little concerned about the references to smaller size - has anyone seen the exterior dimensions listed?
-ark
Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're looking at glossy photos of a big suv painted electric blue. It's sitting way low as well. Probably what it's like in dynamic mode with an air suspension.

The current Q7 can look very ~wagonesque as well if you do the same thing.

Painted silver, black or gray....with the right wheels and height, you can't tell me this won't be a good looking vehicle.

I do not like the 3D painted silver trim around the grill. Maybe there will be a black out optic package to fix that.

I can't wait to see that interior. Audi is finally putting better seats in their cars other than the A8's. The 18 way ventilated & massaging seats are going to be sweet.

I'll be trading my q5 on a new 2016 q7.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
I sure am glad that I have a 2015 Q7 to be delivered in February!
You are? You missed out on the vast improvement of the engine and fuel economy then. Looks aren't everything although I agree this design ain't good. But I'd never buy a new car so close to a new model launch, the mpg of the new alone makes my eyes water
Old 12-14-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
Forgive my bluntness, but were you really considering a '16 Q7 if you are settling for a Murano? Not in the same league is an understatement. With the exception of a model or two, Nissan is in the business of building cars as cheaply as possible and competes primarily for what I call the "rental car" buyer. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

I think your wife is going to have buyer's remorse and seriously miss her Q5 if she goes the Murano route. If you were really considering a '16 Q7 and find it too ugly (in pictures), you could always pick up a '14 or '15 CPO unit with a couple thousand miles.

This may be why I'm a bit turned off by the Murano and the company that thought this was a good idea:

The wife gets what the wife wants. I can consider the new Q7 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, but if that is what she prefers, that is the way I'll also go.

Her current second car is a former family owned first generation Murano and she enjoys it. The Q5, although its been a great CUV, its no longer her preferred vehicle. No four ring Touareg for her.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

why can't the new Q7 front look like the new TT front.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^^^ too early to tell. That's a TTs and all TTs has S-line treatment. SQ7 or Q7 with S-line should be more aggressive than regular Q7.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No buyers remorse just yet...

Had this been the next Gen VW Toureg, it would be alright, however this is in the luxury class and part of why we pay north of $50k for luxury vehicles is the passion and emotion they exude with overall design both inside and outside.

I don't care that the fatty lost weight...great...but if you still look unattractive standing next to your peers, appear less rugged than your predecessor, and look like a slightly more expensive Mitsubishi Endeavor by the grill....that's a failure IMO.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see this thing in person, but from what I've seen so far, not impressed.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
Had this been the next Gen VW Toureg, it would be alright, however this is in the luxury class and part of why we pay north of $50k for luxury vehicles is the passion and emotion they exude with overall design both inside and outside.
you can option a touareg up to around $70k... it's definitely in the luxury suv wolf pack.

Quick Reply: NEW Q7 picture