Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New order wait times

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New order wait times

How many months are you being told until delivery?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...

We were initially told, by the dealer, 60-90 days, though, thought that to be a bit optimistic given demand. Ordered our Q7 TDI in late June and expect to take delivery in a couple of weeks. Our car is in transit aboard the Cougar Ace, currently. She is due to dock in Davisville late tonight or early tomorrow.

Last edited by rcadick; 09-29-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glad to hear that you at least have your vehicle en route. We ordered ours in the third week of June and were told initially 90 days. Today I learned that we can now expect our car in December?!!?! Totally outrageous and we are contemplating going a different route altogether.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My wife and I ordered a Q7 3.0 TFSI Prestige a few weeks ago and was told that it would probably arrive between mid-December and mid-January. Hopefully it will arrive around then!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We ordered ours on 7/1 and was told about 3 months. Received a status report today that it was just shipped and to expect delivery in mid October.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shive
Glad to hear that you at least have your vehicle en route. We ordered ours in the third week of June and were told initially 90 days. Today I learned that we can now expect our car in December?!!?! Totally outrageous and we are contemplating going a different route altogether.
This doesn't seem right at all. Have you dealt with this dealership before? Did you research their reputation? Depending on your location, the quality of the Audi dealerships vary significantly.

It wouldn't be unheard of for dealerships to resell the car that they ordered for you to someone else if someone was willing to pay an "incentive" for it.

To give some benefit of the doubt, it could also be the color or options that you ordered that might delay you. I know that the Daytona Gray color was initially not listed on the order sheets as a color option for 2012, but has since been added back.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
This doesn't seem right at all. Have you dealt with this dealership before? Did you research their reputation? Depending on your location, the quality of the Audi dealerships vary significantly.

It wouldn't be unheard of for dealerships to resell the car that they ordered for you to someone else if someone was willing to pay an "incentive" for it.

To give some benefit of the doubt, it could also be the color or options that you ordered that might delay you. I know that the Daytona Gray color was initially not listed on the order sheets as a color option for 2012, but has since been added back.
I wondered that myself. I ordered an 3.0 S line Prestige with air suspension, B&O with ice silver/black -- I negotiated a certain price over email initially and maybe that is the hangup? They have been nice enough to provide me with a loaner (at my cost) until the vehicle arrives. But now we are talking another 3 months! I did a search online and found a very similar vehicle coming into another dealership a little farther away. Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have an Amex card, try this:

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

...and see if the dealership slightly farther away will give you a good price via that program. Note, the dealer may or may not be participating in the Amex zag program, but it's worth checking if they are.

We are loving our Q7, so I'd recommend trying the other dealership or maybe putting some heat on the current dealer. There's really no other vehicle currently available in any make that provides all the features, safety, etc. that the Q7 provides. After researching extensively, everything else would have been a compromise in some way.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shive
I wondered that myself. I ordered an 3.0 S line Prestige with air suspension, B&O with ice silver/black -- I negotiated a certain price over email initially and maybe that is the hangup? They have been nice enough to provide me with a loaner (at my cost) until the vehicle arrives. But now we are talking another 3 months! I did a search online and found a very similar vehicle coming into another dealership a little farther away. Thoughts?
This must be a dealership issue. Ours is a Lava Grey Premium Plus TDI. Not as loaded as yours, but, that shouldn't add 3 months to the delivery time frame. We also negotiated over email and received 3% off.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which states are you guys in? I live in the NYC area and have been going to New Country Audi in Connecticut for years. Ordered our 2012 Q7 TDI Premium Plus in mid-August and we got it mid-September. It was shipped over from the German plant and docked in Rhode Island before being transported to CT. I do believe what others on this thread have said- it really does depend on the individual dealership for so many things and not just this.

Quick Reply: New order wait times