Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

In need of new tires.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZag
Did Continental start making those in 20" yet? I had the DWS on my Mercedes and loved them, but I thought 19" was the biggest they went?
Yep mine are 20" but limited supply - I had to get mine from Tire Rack vs Discount Tire (thought Discount Tire will order them thru TR)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Yep mine are 20" but limited supply - I had to get mine from Tire Rack vs Discount Tire (thought Discount Tire will order them thru TR)
Good to know. When my Q7 gets here I was thinking of changing the wheels and I love the DWS.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the money I really like the Yokohama Parada Spec X's. No complaints. Went with 295/45/20-slightly taller and slightly wider. They handle really well. Not a fan of Conti. Customer Service, Warranty, and Communication Un-Stellar. Will not buy them again.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZag
Good to know. When my Q7 gets here I was thinking of changing the wheels and I love the DWS.
You need to verify they make the tire in the size for the Q7 (which I think is different than the Q5 size) for 20" rims. Good luck
Old 01-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jovanm
Looking at buying a Q7 TDI, but getting a little scared with all the tire "problems" with the edges wearing out after 7000-10000 miles... how many miles did your original tires last?
MY OEM tires lasted 15k miles.

I put four Yokohama Parada Spec X on and love them.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was contemplating the Yoko Parada's, Firestone Destination ST, and the Conti DWS about two months ago. The stock Goodyears were not quite to the bars, but the snow traction was about the worst I have experienced with an all season tire. I ended up going with the Firestones after speaking to the guy at tire rack twice about it. The Yoko's have zero curb protection, and though I have the Conti DWS on my A4 and love them the rep at Tirerack kept saying they were designed for cars, not heavy trucks even though they carry the XL rating.

I am so happy with the Firestones. They do not offer as much rim protector as the Goodyears, but better than the Yoko's and they are a truck specific tire, XL rated and in the OEM size. (20' S-line wheel) They have a very aggressive looking tread so I was a bit leery of the snow traction but these things are awesome in the snow! One of the best A/S tires I have tried in the snow. Easily as good or better than the Conti DWS on the A4, much better than my Conti Extreme Contacts on my S6.

Super pleased with them though I have only driven them for two months but in that time I have gone to Snowshoe twice and 7Springs once during or right after major storms with zero issues. They handle slush, rain and standing water really well too.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jovanm
Looking at buying a Q7 TDI, but getting a little scared with all the tire "problems" with the edges wearing out after 7000-10000 miles... how many miles did your original tires last?
I have a 2010 Q7 TDI with 17,500 miles on the clock. The OE Goodyears have no uneven wear and look like they're about half gone. They are very noisy, and I'll be replacing with Yokohamas when it's time. I have had excellent service out of three different models of the Yokos.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

FWIW, I had a Mazda CX-9 before the Q. The Yokohama Parada Spec X was the tire of choice for CX-9 owners (per forum I hung out at). Owners especially liked its inclement weather handling.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think it's universal that the Yoko Parada Spec-X are a great tire for the money, but echo what others have said about zero curb protection on the 20" S-Line rims. I can't find the picture anymore, but someone had posted a pic of the Parada's on the 20" S-lines and there was easily .25" of rim exposed to curbage.

Really surprised that there are so few good options for a vehicle that has been out for over 4 years.

Jimbo
Old 02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the Cooper H/T on our 2007 Q7. Great tires. Quiet, handle well, ride great and they're unstoppable in sand, rain and snow. Best of all, less than $550 out the door.

Quick Reply: In need of new tires.