Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Metal Skidplates

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 567 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Metal Skidplates

Found em finally, they even make trail worthy nerf bars.. I'm so happy right now I just wanted to share it with ya'll since I know I've inspired a couple of more rugged Q7 uses lately..

https://shop.eurowise.com/category-s/340.htm

I'll be armoring everything up and going to 31.5in wheels this year, was about to pay someone to make all this stuff but now I can just bolt it on, oah yeah.. If anyone in Colorado wants to combine on some shipping DM me.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 01-05-2021 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is awesome Dread! I have a skid plate on my golf... now I can get one on the Q as well!
Old 01-06-2021, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

There's an VAG offroad group on FB, Eurowise has been making all kinds of awesome stuff.

Dread- post up pix of that front skid plate after you install it. I'm having a hard time correlating how it will work on a Q7.

I talked to some vendor in the EU about their plates as well but they weren't shipping to the US last year....I need to follow up to that.
EDIT: here it is: https://www.skid-plate.com/audi-q7-skid-plate

Last edited by drjonez; 01-06-2021 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Eurowise is based out of North Carolina and it was just a couple hundred in shipping for a pallet full of steel plates here to Colorado so its much better than most things I found out of Australia or Europe that wanted more for the shipping than the metal.

I could come up with an excuse to make a road trip to NC too and just bring em back in the trailer.. I've never had a FB account so if everyone there knows about this then well then screw you guys for keeping this a secret. :P

Last edited by dreadlocks; 01-06-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
...I could come up with an excuse to make a road trip to NC too and just bring em back in the trailer.. I've never had a FB account so if everyone there knows about this then well then screw you guys for keeping this a secret. :P
That might explain why you're lurking here....though I appreciate it, forums are a way better venue than FB. Knowing that I'll post up cool things I see linked from FB in the future. You'll have to post up fitment pix.

On a related note, the skid-plate.com guys got back to me- they're still not shipping to the US.
The following users liked this post:
dreadlocks (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Get a deal on a bulk order and I'm in.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dudeness30
Get a deal on a bulk order and I'm in.
Seems unlikely, they cater to high end exotics. They do have an occasional 10% off from time to time.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Found these guys on Ebay too w/a bit better shipping prices https://www.ebay.com/usr/mikengowise69

I think the pricing is reasonable for all it, having hired pro welders for custom one-offs many times already I was expecting to pay ~800-1k for just the front skid plate and transfer case plate.. Eurowise wants ~$700

And with me being in Colorado if I ever found myself parting this vehicle out, I know I could find a Tregg or Cayenne who'll snap em off craigslist in a heartbeat so its not like many mods that are fully sunk and will never be recovered.

Found this photo on ebay shows whole shebang:

Old 01-14-2021, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Guess who's gonna try to fit a winch this summer? This was eurowise's reply when I asked em if he thought the Treg winch mount would fit my Audi:
I think it would work! We made these work with both cayenne and Touareg bumpers so I’d imagine q7 will work too
I'd lose the font camera for sure, and would need to be careful selecting a winch so it didn't impact my ACC sensor, would use a winch w/a control box I can relocate to inside the engine bay and w/remote clutch since access to it will be hard (not cheap)..
Judging by the photos of the treg and using the tow hook as a reference point I think this is where it'll end up being:

Considering we don't get manual locking TC/Diffs on the Audi having a hidden winch would really give me a confidence boost to explore some interesting trail solo a few thousand miles from home.. don't expect it to get much use with as cautious as I am in this vehicle, but its that piece of mind that will make it worthwhile.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 01-14-2021 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drjonez (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was wondering if you'd go for that....Eurowise is doing so much cool stuff it hurts.

The TC and diffs should swap right in....if you're looking for more stuff to do this summer.

Quick Reply: Metal Skidplates