Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Leaving Audi World - it's been a great ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Leaving Audi World - it's been a great ride

Well Audi Gang....It has been a pleasure owning, driving, and repairing....our 2014 Q7 TDI. But the time has come to part ways, will be trading her in on a fine Italian machine this weekend. She's been a wonderful machine to us, towed heavy trailers over thousands of miles, kept us safe in severe storms, and transported us in comfort to our destinations no matter how far away. When I got the Q7 I was driving about 100 miles a day and she rewarded me with 30mpg or better on flat roads. But I now my drives are only a few miles at at time and the TDI hardly gets up to temps, let alone do a regeneration cycle. This has been a wonderful vehicle and I will miss it dearly. I just wanted to say to all of you who have helped me these last two and a half years - Thank You so much. Take Care!
The following 2 users liked this post by testarossaguy:
-Wes- (03-04-2024), drjonez (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Good luck! Alfa? Maserati? It’s been nice knowing there was another Alabama guy on forum. Our lake house is in Talladega County. Seems I remember you are in same area.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:27 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

My guess would be Ferrari based on the username.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by testarossaguy
Well Audi Gang....It has been a pleasure owning, driving, and repairing....our 2014 Q7 TDI. But the time has come to part ways, will be trading her in on a fine Italian machine this weekend. She's been a wonderful machine to us, towed heavy trailers over thousands of miles, kept us safe in severe storms, and transported us in comfort to our destinations no matter how far away. When I got the Q7 I was driving about 100 miles a day and she rewarded me with 30mpg or better on flat roads. But I now my drives are only a few miles at at time and the TDI hardly gets up to temps, let alone do a regeneration cycle. This has been a wonderful vehicle and I will miss it dearly. I just wanted to say to all of you who have helped me these last two and a half years - Thank You so much. Take Care!
You have been a great asset to the forum. Enjoy the new ride!!
The following users liked this post:
-Wes- (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I must confess...having a bit of remorse on my last few days driving the Q7....it's been such a great vehicle. I'm getting a Maserati Quattroporte this weekend. I've been honored to have had several Ferraris and Maseratis over the years, V8's and V12's. These cars do get the blood racing that's for sure, very emotional cars. I'm not wealthy so I've always done all my own work, which has been a blessing, as it turns out...working on these types of machines is good therapy for me.
-Wes- (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 05:49 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

The Quatroporte is a fantastic car. I hope you have many years of enjoyment.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by testarossaguy
I must confess...having a bit of remorse on my last few days driving the Q7....it's been such a great vehicle. I'm getting a Maserati Quattroporte this weekend. I've been honored to have had several Ferraris and Maseratis over the years, V8's and V12's. These cars do get the blood racing that's for sure, very emotional cars. I'm not wealthy so I've always done all my own work, which has been a blessing, as it turns out...working on these types of machines is good therapy for me.
Every rich guy I know says that. LOL. Don't be a stranger though. I haven't owned my S4 in two years and I still go to those boards to stir up fights all the time.
-Wes- (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL...all the rich guys I've ever known - pay someone else to do the work! I'm an old guy so I started off my addiction to cars at the tail end of the musclecar era, mostly GM and Mopar stuff but great fun, simple to work on. Then as I "matured" a bit I got into Vettes, late model and early, restored a '63 coupe - too nice to drive when finished, then got a ZR-1 which was tons of fun. One day at a vette show in Chicago my wife and I were shuffling through the crowd, and my perception was that many of the people were rude, stuck-up, a-holes. I looked at my lovely wife and asked..."is it me or does this crowd suck!"....she said "it's not you". A a year or so later I was at a Vette & Viper shoot out at Route 66 drag strip. After hearing V8's and V10's race down the strip for several hours you sort of get used to the noise. Then suddenly we hear this odd sound in the burn out pit, everyone drops their hot dogs and burgers and runs up to see what's going on. It was a Ferrari F40..! The guy launches easy and gets about 50 feet off the line and then whaaaa....poppity-pop...whaaaa....poppity-pop....what a sound! Without abusing the car the F40 ran a 11.07 at 139mph....which blew away all of us except for a couple of pure drag cars. I was so impressed that this 2.9 liter V8 could run that fast, even though it was NOT a drag car....wow. That pretty much sowed the seed for me, some day I had to get a Ferrari. Luckily a year or so later my dream came true, I bought a basket case Testarossa and spent a couple of years learning about it, the fuel system, cam belts & timing, water pump, gearbox, and even electrical...eventually had everything fixed and it was wonderful to drive. Since then I've never looked back.

Last edited by testarossaguy; 03-05-2024 at 09:08 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by testarossaguy:
'10Q7TDI_Prestige' (03-11-2024), -Wes- (03-05-2024), Built4Sin (03-12-2024)