Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

latest on the new generation Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default latest on the new generation Q7?

Is there any thought as to when a person will be able to get a next generation Q7 (in the USA)?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by navin in KC
Is there any thought as to when a person will be able to get a next generation Q7 (in the USA)?
I think I recently noticed online that it will be at the end of 2014 as a MY2015.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11310016...ropean-beaches
Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
I think I recently noticed online that it will be at the end of 2014 as a MY2015.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11310016...ropean-beaches

Is it me, or do the dimensions from those spy shots look a lot smaller then the current gen?
Old 10-04-2013, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder if that is an Audi exclusive paint job....
Old 10-05-2013, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Grumpy

End of calendar 2014 sucks, if true. Audi is treating loyal existing customers like crap with the lack of reliable information on the next gen Q7.
Regarding size, I agree does seem small in the spy shots (if it's even a Q7). But, last I heard, there would be a swb 2-row model and a lwb 3-row model - maybe this is the swb?
Anyway, I'm very grumpy about the whole next gen situation. Trying to figure out a good alternative to buy.

-ark
Old 10-07-2013, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm going to kindly disagree with us being treated poorly because of a lack of reliable information.

Think about the way Apple announces their new iphone only shortly before the new model is released. If every car company released all of their information over a year ahead of time there would be at least two problems with it. One problem is that less people would buy the current model if they wanted the new options or features on the new model. Another problem is that they may change what they offer a year later and then people would be upset about that.

I think the issue to be upset about is how long they've been putting out the same Q7 and the fact that the new model is still over a year away. I will probably buy the BMW X5 because it has been updated and has all of the features that I'd like to see like the Head Up Display and other features that the Q7 doesn't (yet) offer.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
Is it me, or do the dimensions from those spy shots look a lot smaller then the current gen?
This probably doesn't mean anything, but my dealership told me that the next generation will indeed be smaller...similar to the Cayenne. Also mentioned the possibility of a Q8, but I'm sure that will be years from now.

So when Audi says the next Q7 will shed 800+ lbs, it will be interesting to see the size of the vehicle.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
This probably doesn't mean anything, but my dealership told me that the next generation will indeed be smaller...similar to the Cayenne. Also mentioned the possibility of a Q8, but I'm sure that will be years from now.

So when Audi says the next Q7 will shed 800+ lbs, it will be interesting to see the size of the vehicle.
It's very easy to shave good chunk of weight by going smaller
You really dont have to do much improvement, you'll get lighter car no matter what.
I'm hopping it stays either the same or very-very close in size, while being 800lb+ lighter.
On the other hand, Audi does not have X5/Cayenne competitor
It's more in GL category
Maybe Audi is trying to fill the gap?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndreyATC
It's very easy to shave good chunk of weight by going smaller
You really dont have to do much improvement, you'll get lighter car no matter what.
I'm hopping it stays either the same or very-very close in size, while being 800lb+ lighter.
On the other hand, Audi does not have X5/Cayenne competitor
It's more in GL category
Maybe Audi is trying to fill the gap?
I'm hoping it stays the same size too. Improve the looks, inside and out, shed some lbs, and add some engine options. I think most people would be happy with that.

On the other hand, i'd love to see something to compete with X5/Cayenne.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Sag
Audiworld Junior Member

It is a shame there isn't much information out there. Also I really hope it doesn't get any smaller, my main attraction to the Q7 is its sheer size!

What I would be interested to know is if they will be planning another update or face-lift to the current model to fill the 18 month gap.
From what I understand, the "S-Line Plus" was going to be a run-out model in the UK, but now i'm not so sure.

I have been keeping an eye on their prices over the last 5/6 months, and after a drop in July, they seem to have held quiet stable or gone up in a few cases.

In Aug/Sept I saw a 2011 priced at £34,995, 2 weeks later the same vehicle was up at another official dealer at £38,995.

Quick Reply: latest on the new generation Q7?