Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Help, Q7 Catastrophic failure...need advice from anyone who has dealt with Audi USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Q7 Catastrophic failure...need advice from anyone who has dealt with Audi USA

I do not want to publicly divulge details about what happened just yet, but I have never faced such an expensive repair bill in my life. CPO warranty expired 3/13. I have contacted Audi USA per suggestion of dealer service manager and a case has been opened but based on initial conversation I am not optimistic. I have only had one conversation with Audi USA thus far, but the dealership said that they have been contacted about it. My dealer, FSK Frederick, is where the Q has been serviced since CPO purchase at another dealer (who had what I wanted). They are being really good about it and seem to be willing to negotiation part and labor prices to an extent. However, I feel the Audi USA should step in given the situation.

Anyone with experience negotiating with Audi USA please PM me or reply to thread.

2007 4.2 Q7, just turned 80K.

The repair bill is almost as much as the car is worth. My only hope is that Audi stands behind their "Truth in Engineering" slogan and their brand, as I have been an Audifan, consumer, and advocate for 15 years.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted the above without realizing I had logged in with an old, never used account, which does not give me editing abilities.

Anyhow, if anyone has any advice for dealing with Audi USA please PM to this user.

Thank you,

John
Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Banned

I understand you not wanting to discuss the details of an ongoing claim with Audi but it will make it nearly impossible for us to give any advice on what to do or what to expect, it is completely based on what happened and why. I know from experience AOA can be very generous if approached properly and it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Using your dealer and service manager as contacts and "partners" in this process will assure you are taking the proper steps to remedy the issue with Audi. If you get frustrated and aggressive with them (can be very understandable) they will be much less likely to help you out, it may hurt but sometimes you need to sit on your hands and be patient.

Please let us know any details you can as soon as you can so we can give more precise advice. Good luck and remember, in these situations, your dealer and service manager can be your best friends.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you for reinforcing what I suspected to be the most appropriate way to handle this, and until I have a second conversation with Audi USA I feel like I should refrain from publicly disclosing the nature of the failure, but it was mechanical and not electrical to provide some context.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For there to be a realistic chance of anyone here offering help and advice, you will need to provide details of what has happened and the nature for justifying a claim against Audi on a 7 year old car.

I can understand that it would be nice for help with a large repair bill and it will be great for you if Audi do step in with support but I cannot imagine a repair that if carried out by an independent workshop that would be more than the vehicle is worth.

Realistically, it can only be and engine or transmission replacement and either are commonly available in breaker yards.

Good luck but if your dealings with Audi fail, I would get the car out of the dealers workshop and off to an independent, or at least give the dealer the opportunity to put it back together with a good used replacement unit.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably jumping the gun but I found this ...
http://www.autopartsfair.com/audi-us...theautochannel
Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know everyone's situation is different, but i NEVER take my audi's to FSK anymore. Too many issues with their work.
Only go to Mechanicsburg, PA audi now.

Just saying that a second quote on repair may be justified. I paid a lot of hours of poor diagnostics at FSK.

A5 - paid to diagnose B&O sound issue. They wanted $2k to fix. Said i needed a new amp. Figured i could do that myself so ordered amp and installed. $1200 later, still didn't work. Took back and then said a bad speaker. Yup, that fixed it.

Q7 - said i needed a tranny cause of bad shifting. Took to Tyson Corner, and had module replaced. All fixed.

Q7- bluetooth stopped working. Bought module and had them install.. Bluetooth works great...but passenger seat wouldnt move (which is where the module was). Said i needed a new seat motor because it was bad. Work perfectly fine before i took it in. They wouldnt cover. Took to Mechanicsburg Audi, and they said harness was cut. Mechanicsburg covered it for free.

A few others too... Just sayin.

I recommend being nice to AoA and use words like "audi ethusiest", "audi club member", " care about customer satisfaction, blablabla