Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Fog Light Bulb Replacement recommendations for a 2013 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I e-mailed Hoen & got a very quick & courteous response (I think also from Gary). I was asking if their bulbs ran significantly hotter thasn stock that might cause melting. His response was that their products operate at approximately the same temperature. He also made the observation that he had heard, but hadn't verified, that Audi changed the bulbs from H11 to H8 for MY 2013. Since the owner's manual is useless in this regard I called the parts department of two Audi dealers in my area & both confirmed that 2013's still use H11. I've ordered 2 sets of their H11 xenonmatch 55W bulbs (one for the 2013 Q7 & one for my 2013 TTS). I guess we'll see what happens when they get here.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For what it's worth - After the very helpful assistance of Hoen, I ordered two sets of their H11 Xenonmatch bulbs - one for my 2013 TTS & another for my 2013 Q7. Total install time was about 20 minutes for both cars.
The TTS lights are easily accessible without removing anything(both bulbs are easily accessible just by lifting to hood and reaching down to undo the bulb sockets). The Q7 was almost as easy - just gently pull off the plastic grills around the fog lights (using your hands only - grip from behind the upper & lower edge of the round opening), unscrew three screws, pull the entire housing out, remove & replace the bulb replace & secure the housing & the grills.
I've only been able to try them in a dark garage but they appear to be a very close match to the factory xenon plus headlights & are definitely whiter and brighter.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DjMoonski
So I spoke to Gary of Hoen and he recommended the HOEN H8 35W for my 2013 Q7 Prestige S-Line. Turns out that the factory bulb is a H11 55W. Hence the HOEN H8 35W doesn't fit the fog light bulb casing. Basically the teeth or fasteners on the bulb don't fit the fog light bulb casing.

Has anyone else run into this problem? if I get the HOEN H11 55W bulb, should my problem go away? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Quick update 9/16/2013:

I was able reconnect back with Gary @ Hoen and he was so helpful and understanding. He reached out to a local Audi dealership and confirmed with them that Audi changed all 2013 models from H11 to H8 EXCEPT for the Q7. Therefore he offered to send two new sets of the Xenonmatch and endurance with the H11 fitting and also let me keep the original orders of H8s for a future project!

Now the tricky decision I have to make is getting another car to use the H8s on hahahaha... Hoen made my day!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
For what it's worth - After the very helpful assistance of Hoen, I ordered two sets of their H11 Xenonmatch bulbs - one for my 2013 TTS & another for my 2013 Q7. Total install time was about 20 minutes for both cars.
The TTS lights are easily accessible without removing anything(both bulbs are easily accessible just by lifting to hood and reaching down to undo the bulb sockets). The Q7 was almost as easy - just gently pull off the plastic grills around the fog lights (using your hands only - grip from behind the upper & lower edge of the round opening), unscrew three screws, pull the entire housing out, remove & replace the bulb replace & secure the housing & the grills.
I've only been able to try them in a dark garage but they appear to be a very close match to the factory xenon plus headlights & are definitely whiter and brighter.
Glad to know the H11 fits in your 2013 Q7. I'm waiting for mine in the mail. I originally ordered the H8s and they do not fit in my 2013 Q7. Can't wait till they finally come in and I can install.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DjMoonski
Quick update 9/16/2013:

I was able reconnect back with Gary @ Hoen and he was so helpful and understanding. He reached out to a local Audi dealership and confirmed with them that Audi changed all 2013 models from H11 to H8 EXCEPT for the Q7.
It's nit-picky, but I can confirm that the 2013 TTS did not convert to H8s., The bulbs I pulled out of mine were Hella H11s - same as in the Q7.
Having said all that though - it really doesn't make much difference. Hoen is great to work with & their order processing & shipping very quick. I am very pleased with the end result
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For the guys that have made the swap, do you guys mind posting a few pics? Would love to see what the Hoen H11 bulbs look like post install!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
For the guys that have made the swap, do you guys mind posting a few pics? Would love to see what the Hoen H11 bulbs look like post install!
Here you go - not the best quality (iPhone) but it shows the basics.....
Attached Images   
Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Man that looks awesome! Just put in my order! Hoping the install is as easy as you say!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
Man that looks awesome! Just put in my order! Hoping the install is as easy as you say!
Good luck - just remember to be gentle pulling the trim pieces off. Use a uniform,steady, gentle pull in the middle.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys, just a quick update. Got my lights in the mail today and i just got done with installation. Install was a piece of cake and I was done in about 20 minutes.

Here is a pic of how the look compared to the stock lights. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic and I know its hard to tell, but left side is stock and the right side is the headlight match bulb.

I'll try and get some better pics up later.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Bulb Replacement recommendations for a 2013 Q7