Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Finally got A2DP on my 3G MMI 2011 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got A2DP on my 3G MMI 2011 Q7

well, ever since we got our 2011 Q7 in May I have been in search of an A2DP option for our car. Can't believe car of this level don't support A2DP... anyways, that for another thread.

I ran across a video last month on someone using either Anycom or Griffin A2DP adapter with dock connector on their MMI cable. later to find out the cable most be modded for it to work. It basically turns MMI cable into AUX only but still provide power thru the dock connector.

Found someone who knows how to mod this cable and now I have A2DP. I"m using Audi MMI cable (purchased a new one off ebay) along with Griffin A2DP adapter.

Now i have streaming bluetooth in the car, phone call still does to Audi Bluetooth but music streaming goes to Griffin then turns into AUX. Sound quality is EXCELLENT, a bit lower on the volume but sure beats having to plug in my phone each time in the car.

I will post some pictures later
Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now that we are seeing that the 2012 have bluetooth streaming, does anyone know if this is just a software update to the MMI on the 2011's?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I talked to few people on other Audi forums, seems like it's the same Bluetooth module on both 2011 and 2012.
only thing changed is the MMI software which 2011 should be able to upgrade. Will audi release an update? not sure but there should be a way to VAG it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

In the past, I read threads where dealer can update the software. See if you can sweet talk your service dept into doing it.

-ThinkMac-

Originally Posted by eggyacid
I talked to few people on other Audi forums, seems like it's the same Bluetooth module on both 2011 and 2012.
only thing changed is the MMI software which 2011 should be able to upgrade. Will audi release an update? not sure but there should be a way to VAG it.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eggyacid
well, ever since we got our 2011 Q7 in May I have been in search of an A2DP option for our car. Can't believe car of this level don't support A2DP... anyways, that for another thread.

I ran across a video last month on someone using either Anycom or Griffin A2DP adapter with dock connector on their MMI cable. later to find out the cable most be modded for it to work. It basically turns MMI cable into AUX only but still provide power thru the dock connector.

Found someone who knows how to mod this cable and now I have A2DP. I"m using Audi MMI cable (purchased a new one off ebay) along with Griffin A2DP adapter.

Now i have streaming bluetooth in the car, phone call still does to Audi Bluetooth but music streaming goes to Griffin then turns into AUX. Sound quality is EXCELLENT, a bit lower on the volume but sure beats having to plug in my phone each time in the car.

I will post some pictures later
If someone could give me a heads up as to exactly what modification needs to be done to the USB iPod connector within the glove compartment, I'd appreciate it. I already have the A2DP Anycom FIPO that I purchased on eBay.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't mod the cable myself. I had someone on another forum did the mod. Works great, couldn't be happier.

Here is the detail instructions
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...o-via-mmi.html

Of course, OEM solution would be even better. Im still waiting for official Audi upgrade
Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default AirPlay instead of Bluetooth A2DP

Hi all
Finally solved my streaming problem for my new 2012 Q7, all you need is an iPod touch second generation or better (should be able to support multitasking) and an Airfoil Speaker (available in Apple app store) download the app on the iPod touch, after launch do an in app purchase to enable iOS streaming (2.99$). Launch the app and connect it to your MMI. Create a hotspot on your iPhone, from the touch join the network. That's it, now you should be able to see the touch from your iPhone as an AirPlay device,you can stream your music from any app to your AMI.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default AMI kit for sale

Hi guys
Since I've recently upgrade to 2012 Q7 up for sale is my VNSMedua 2G AMI kit I had on my 2008 Q7; let me know if you are interested, I also have AUX version which I had connected to Bluettoth for A2DP
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

After battling with Audi for more than a year to get them to provide an A2DP Bluetooth solution for my 2010/11 Q7 with 3G MMI, I gave up and started looking for an alternative. Came across this site http://audia2dp.weebly.com/index.html and ordered one of their units.
I received it today and immediately tried it out – the unit works great and I am now able to stream music over Bluetooth on my MMI. Sound quality is good to very good. It consists of a Belkin Bluetooth Receiver with a specially made (and very original looking) adaptor which interfaces the Belkin BT unit to the Audi Music port.
The iPhone still connects automatically to the vehicle’s original hands free Bluetooth unit. The connection to the Belkin adaptor (A2D music profile) has to be forced manually (not influencing the hands free profile phone connection to the MMI). The Belkin BT unit can connect up to 8 Bluetooth devices.
The only issues are that music data (song info etc) is not displayed on the MMI – it only shows “AUX” on the monitor / instrument panel – and possibly the fact that the A2DP connection has to be established manually. This latter “issue” can however also be regarded as a plus if the kids take turns to play their own music. The driver’s mobile phone connects automatically to the hands free profile and he is sorted, while the kid whose turn it is to play music on the vehicle’s system, manually establishes a connection to the Belkin.
So, the bottom line – an excellent solution to those whose 3G MMI does not support the A2DP (stereo music) profile.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

yup, the guy is making $$ on something that cost half of that. you can get a flyout cable for about $40 and bluetooth module is about $35.

it works great... i have the flyout cable with Blackberry A2DP.

Quick Reply: Finally got A2DP on my 3G MMI 2011 Q7