Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Exact 12V/cigarette lighter port location on 2011 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exact 12V/cigarette lighter port location on 2011 Q7

Guys,

I need to know exactly where the closest 12V (aka cigarette lighter port) is in the cockpit of the 2011 Q7. On my Q5, there is one directly in front of the stick shift, in a little "slide out" cover right up against the center console. The reason this is important is I'm getting a new iPhone holder from proclipusa.com for my soon-to-come 2011 Q7, and I need to wire the USB cable to the nearest cigarette lighter/12V inlet. [Don't worry that it's USB cable, I've already got a simple little female USB-to-12V adapter from Griffin that I've used for years].

Thanks for letting me know where those cigarette lighter ports are up front in the car.

Cheers!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A non sline will have 2 power outlets right in the center console above the gear lever. The sline has only 1 on the passenge rside. Look at photos, you can see them.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iNfiNkC
A non sline will have 2 power outlets right in the center console above the gear lever. The sline has only 1 on the passenge rside. Look at photos, you can see them.
The car will be S-Line interior, so you're saying that there will only be 1 and it's on the passenger side, not driver's side. Where exactly? In the dash? Center console in front of the gear lever? I have seen no pictures that actually show a power outlet in the cockpit at all. Sorry, but I need to understand exactly where this outlet is then on the S-Line.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

here look at the full auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Certi...item2a1b9fc99c
Old 04-16-2012, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ahh, thank you! Bummed there isn't one on just like it to the left of the gear lever, but oh well, I'll work with it.

Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

i have a 2011 Sline and i have two...one on both sides. that picture doesnt match my Q7

actually would prefer to only have one. we have two iphones and i would lay the iphone that isnt connected to the car face-up in that space
Old 04-16-2012, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Goodlivn
i have a 2011 Sline and i have two...one on both sides. that picture doesnt match my Q7

actually would prefer to only have one. we have two iphones and i would lay the iphone that isnt connected to the car face-up in that space
Interesting, well, I hope mine is like yours with 2 outlets up front, will see soon! BTW, why would you ever lay a phone down on the flat part? I have been using ProClip's excellent solutions for years, on at least 6 cars, and they have one for every make/model and phone device on the planet. For grand total of about 60 bucks, you can keep your phone at more or less eye level, much safer than looking down for a phone that slides around all over the place. Totally clean, no permanent mounting that harms the look of the dash, can be removed whenever, and the swivel mounts are perfect for tilting to the exact desired angle or swiveling horizontal for video display. Sorry to sound like I work there, I can assure you I don't, but i just know how many accidents I've avoided and helped others avoid by getting them hooked up with a proclip in their vehicle to keep their chosen device at eye level.

Check it out, proclipusa.com
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

My understanding is that S-Line's with the aluminum interiors only have 1 12v outlet on the passenger side.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by will822
My understanding is that S-Line's with the aluminum interiors only have 1 12v outlet on the passenger side.
I believe you are correct. I have a MY2011 S-line with wood interior trim (s-line prestige) and I have two outlets.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Buy a lighter socket from eBay. Hide it in the console somewhere. Run the USB cable to your phone.

Quick Reply: Exact 12V/cigarette lighter port location on 2011 Q7