Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Disappointed at Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed at Audi

My 2007 Audi Q7 never cease to grabbing my attention for all sorts of issues over the years: (1) constant battery drain because some electronics didn't shut down even when car was turned off; (2) replacing car key battery every 8 months (My Lexus never has to replace battery on the key for over 10 years). Brakes got worn out every 14 months. The list goes on and on. Last week, we had a check engine light on after less than 50K miles on the car. Took it to the dealer. They wanted to charge $1200 to remove some excessive carbon build up on one of the intake valve. We have always used premium gas over the last 5 years and took the car into the dealer for all maintenance schedule. Now, they want to charge $$$$ for an apparent manufacturer defect? I read quite a few threads on this forum. It seems the CEL has been plaguing Audi cars for years. I have a 10 years old Lexus RX300 and never had any issue with it. Now, I need to replace RX300 with something else. Somehow, I just feel Audi and its dealer fail to deliver the product and service to their customers. Audi is not even on my top 3 list for the next car. I know, this site for Audi fans. I wanted to be one too, trust me. But I can feel that Audi dealer or Audi corporate does not even care.

Please share your negativve experience with your Audi dealers here.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

It does sound like you're an ideal candidate for an Asian car. German/European cars tend to be a bit finicky - - doesn't seem like it's a match for you.

I could never agree with your point about the dealer and corporate "not caring". Our experience has been exactly the opposite.

Welcome aboard, Oregon!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
German/European cars tend to be a bit finicky -Welcome aboard, Oregon!
We should not set our expectation that low. German is known for their engineering capability. Unless, of course, they put this in their advertise and admit it so "Our Audi's Drive great, although a bit finicky"
Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

People don't buy European cars for their "reliability".

If you're looking for that gas 'n' go, carefree relationship, it's got to be Asian.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ive had 4 Q7s in the past 5 years. Its true, every single one had been riddled with issues. I also had a Lexus RX300 and that had NONE, repeat, NONE. Tell you what, check out the new RX450h that just got face lifted this year. Prices are decent, the quality is amazing ofc, styling is also pretty good, especially the F SPORT model, reliability will be amazing and so will the dealers. Dont get me wrongs guys, the Q7 was a good car, went over to an F10 M5 for a wee while but it also had issues which were difficult to solve (BMW SUCKS, both dealer and reliability). Put an order in for an RX450H F SPORT and imho i feel its superior to the Q7.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rayaans

(BMW SUCKS, both dealer and reliability)

That, of course, is a broad generalization. Our most recent BMW was the most trouble-free car to ever live in our garage. It had one single fault (the dome light stopped working, widespread issue) during the years we had the car. The dealer was outstanding and actually inspired confidence.

Perhaps your local BMW (or your Audi dealer sucks, Oregon) ... don't make it a one-size-fits-all declaration cuz that generalization is just that.

Lesson learned? If you know your local XYZ dealer sucks, how could you ever consider repeating the self-abuse by buying another vehicle from them ??? Is that worthy of the ultimate dope slap? Buy Asian and forget the niggles and nonsense!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
That, of course, is a broad generalization. Our most recent BMW was the most trouble-free car to ever live in our garage. It had one single fault (the dome light stopped working, widespread issue) during the years we had the car. The dealer was outstanding and actually inspired confidence.

Perhaps your local BMW (or your Audi dealer sucks, Oregon) ... don't make it a one-size-fits-all declaration cuz that generalization is just that.

Lesson learned? If you know your local XYZ dealer sucks, how could you ever consider repeating the self-abuse by buying another vehicle from them ??? Is that worthy of the ultimate dope slap? Buy Asian and forget the niggles and nonsense!
uberwgn, thanks for sharing your positive experience. I wish I am as lucky as you are. Do you own your Audi past warranty coverage? When it is under warranty, I found the dealer is pleasant to deal with too since they can invoice Audi for whaatever repairs that are needed. Once the warranty expires (magically all problems start appearing), the consumers will be left with price gauging repair cost and the consequence of reliability issues.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by OregonQ7
uberwgn, thanks for sharing your positive experience. I wish I am as lucky as you are. Do you own your Audi past warranty coverage? When it is under warranty, I found the dealer is pleasant to deal with too since they can invoice Audi for whaatever repairs that are needed. Once the warranty expires (magically all problems start appearing), the consumers will be left with price gauging repair cost and the consequence of reliability issues.
No problem. Yes, our A6 wagon is now beyond the CPO coverage, I think it expired about 12 months ago. It does concern me to some degree to keep these cars once the warranty is gone. Small repairs could become costly....big repair bills start to look like telephone numbers. This car has about 75k miles on it and is doing very well. It's had a good track record with minimal-to-no repairs throughout its life. At the first sign of trouble I will give some consideration to getting rid of it.

Broad generalization: Hi-end Euro cars without warranty coverage do scare me.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do feel for you, and find your comments on your experiance disappointing in the way your local dealer has behaved. My local dealer (Derby Audi UK) has been excellent, there customer service through out the dealership, service, sales etc has been second to none, very friendly and importantly appear to hold family type values in relation to the way they conduct there business and look after there customers. I would and have recommended lots of my friends and business associates to them. and as of writing this would carry on doing so. there staff seam to care, from the service persons to the service manager to the sales staff to the sales staff managers.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The thing is, I have 4 local Audi dealerships. All my audi's were ordered from different ones as some were cheaper on one model whereas the other was cheaper on another model. Ive experienced all 4 dealerships and in simple words, they were rubbish. BMW was also the same. After forking out close to £90k for an M5, i feel that the behaviour of the BMW dealer was disgusting. after having a brake system failure, a drivetrain error and the idrive died i said i didnt want the car. Fortunately, they took it back but thats the best of what i can say.

Quick Reply: Disappointed at Audi