Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Diesel fuel price: Really sad times we are going through?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7
I've got to stop this thread as I'm preparing to enter the hospital for treatment, which is a miracle in itself. You see a while ago I was running a couple small businesses (landscaping and ebay). They were pretty lucrative, so I also paid a lot of taxes. Then I started developing some hereditary health problems. I had to shut both down and tell my employees that I could no longer provide their livelihood.

I had to go on SSDI Medicare. Which is a total s h i t show. Regardless of who is in office, i am routinely denied treatment, simply because they dont want to pay and would rather i just suffer and or die.

Yesterday I went to the ER since I was vomiting blood. The ER doctor recommended extended inpatient treatment. Medicare approved an overnight stay. I was so sick yesterday after the hospital had to kick me out, i wrote a will. I sent a copy to my friend and aunt. I just wanted to make sure my dogs were taken care of and not thrown in a shelter or killed.

Well my friend saw this and called me. And like I said through a miracle and his grace, he decided that he would rather see his own resources dwindle than a friend suffer. So he told me he would pay cash for the inpatient treatment. Which is going to run several thousand dollars a day. He's also going to pay for my dogs care while in the hospital.

Had our great government just decided to treat me like an actual person and not a financial burden, none of this would have been necessary. But that's the great system of medical care in America. A system that is completely broken and will never be fixed. As it doesn't matter who is in office, the issue of denial of necessary treatment is never addressed.
Very sorry to hear that. Yes, that's the supposedly greatest country on earth for you. I don't know if I should cry or laugh whenever I hear it.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:23 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by urs6_ma
First time my fill up topped $100 that hurt a lot!
I bought my Q at the height of diesel spike in 2022. Very first fill up was $6.15/gallon.

Last edited by 4Driver4; 08-16-2023 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Correlation does not imply causation. There are many reasons fuel prices increase. A few years ago there was no war in the Ukraine and we didn't come off a pandemic. The world governments were warned that a pandemic will wreak economic havoc, but nobody prepared. Well here we are. OPEC has their fingers on the global oil supply and decides to reduce production whenever they feel like. People are travelling again in droves after practically nobody was driving or flying during 2-3 year of pandemic, now there's a sudden spike in demand. We could go on. The truth is there are many factors that influence fuel cost. Just because one guy goes out and another comes in and the fuel prices go up because of world events doesn't mean its the incoming guy's fault. The price of fuel rose around the world, not just North America. You really need to get out more.
All this is true but doesn't help when the President refers to Saudi Arabia a pariah state then tries to reach out to them to ask them to increase production (as other presidents have successfully done) only to have his phone call unanswered.
The following users liked this post:
Built4Sin (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

Hopefully we can get back to discussing cars instead of politics.
The following 3 users liked this post by KevinGary:
'10Q7TDI_Prestige' (08-21-2023), superswiss (08-18-2023), uberwgn (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

How about the fact that have same amount of refineries as we had in the 70's? Telling.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 968racer
All this is true but doesn't help when the President refers to Saudi Arabia a pariah state then tries to reach out to them to ask them to increase production (as other presidents have successfully done) only to have his phone call unanswered.
So are we mad that he said when its actually true or that he wouldn't grovel so we could get gas at one of lowest prices in the developed world?

The facts remain. We use more gas than we produce - through a multitude of reasons stretching back to the 60's - we drive honking gas thirsty cars - we drive on average more than most other developed countries - so there's a long list of reasons why gas cost have increased. Blaming ONE guy is actually insane. Eventually the oil WILL run out. All OPEC countries know this. Why do you think Saudi Ariba is diversifying everything across their country and attempting to build attractions and invest in Lucid and Wind and Solar farms? They know it. We're just too dumb to realize its already started. This is a slow roll. The price of gas is only going up from here.

To ensure that other countries don't build out their infrastructure so that OPEC can continue to control oil prices they (OPEC) will increase production until the new competitor gives up because it's no longer economically feasible and then (OPEC) cuts production so that those same prices go back up. If you really want to be mad look at Exxon and BP and Shell who continue to rake in HUGE record breaking after recording breaking profits (and to be clear that is their fiduciary responsibility to do so). Next thing we're going to press for is coal to make a comeback??
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Couldn't have said it better. It's easy to blame the guy you don't like. It's all his fault isn't it, just as long as you don't have to take a close look at how you are living your live and maybe make some changes. If fuel is too expensive, find ways to drive less and demand your leaders to invest in alternative transportation systems. To rely mostly on cars is going to break the US economy's back one day. You need good infrastructure to support economic growth. We are choking on our own traffic.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Couldn't have said it better. It's easy to blame the guy you don't like. It's all his fault isn't it, just as long as you don't have to take a close look at how you are living your live and maybe make some changes. If fuel is too expensive, find ways to drive less and demand your leaders to invest in alternative transportation systems. To rely mostly on cars is going to break the US economy's back one day. You need good infrastructure to support economic growth. We are choking on our own traffic.
On a completely unrelated note - how do you like your C63S. I'm so seriously considering a C63S coupe - looking at 20-21MY. I also have a Fisker Ocean Extreme on order so this will be my last big hurrah. Kids want a convertible but I'm in the V8 camp. LOL
Old 08-19-2023, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Blackfunk
On a completely unrelated note - how do you like your C63S. I'm so seriously considering a C63S coupe - looking at 20-21MY. I also have a Fisker Ocean Extreme on order so this will be my last big hurrah. Kids want a convertible but I'm in the V8 camp. LOL
Go for it. Awesome car. I love it. It's out of warranty now, but I'm planning on keeping it for a while. I'm not driving it much these days. To stay somewhat with the topic, I mostly drive it on weekends only. Not because of the fuel cost, but I just don't wanna have to drive everywhere for my daily needs and deal with all the traffic. So, I live in a highly walkable area where I have grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, bakeries, butcher, gym, even my optometrist etc. within a 15 minute walk of my house. I also work from home, so on most weekdays the car stays in the garage.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-19-2023 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sweet, thanks. I work from home too so I don't anticipate putting a lot of miles. My 2012 S4 only had 54k miles after 13yrs so I would expect to do about the same. I'm replacing the Q7 so it'll be up for sale shortly, hoping is to balance my carbon emissions with a V8 on one hand and electric on the other.