Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Collected My New Q7 2013 S Line Plus Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
Assuming your Q has front and rear parking sensors; what did you do with them? There was a thread on here regarding re installing the front sensors a while back...
It has the mountings on the new grille, i just unplugged the sensors from the old grille and put them in the new grille mounting brackets.... Very easy and they work well.. They dont go off when nothing is in front of me (like my A4 grille did)
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Arkansas Audi Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technology Package/Cornerview Camera

Originally Posted by rxs1407
It has the mountings on the new grille, i just unplugged the sensors from the old grille and put them in the new grille mounting brackets.... Very easy and they work well.. They dont go off when nothing is in front of me (like my A4 grille did)
Does your S-Line have the Technology Package with the Cornerview Camera System? I ordered one of these grilles, but it didn't have the mounting bracket for that camera, and I returned it to the seller. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem, and if they had the seller request a grille from the factory with the additional mounting bracket and it was ok. The seller told me that he could get it from the factory, but since it was not an advertised "option" for the grille on his website, I didn't know if he really knew what the factory could or could not do and I didn't want to be a beta tester.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the sensors installed in the pic you attached? When you say unplugged, did you physically remove the sensors from the original grille and reinstall them on the RS grill? Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions but I'm looking for a direct fit/ swap and don't want to "jerry rig" the parking sensors on the new grill..
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tkrist
Does your S-Line have the Technology Package with the Cornerview Camera System? I ordered one of these grilles, but it didn't have the mounting bracket for that camera, and I returned it to the seller. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem, and if they had the seller request a grille from the factory with the additional mounting bracket and it was ok. The seller told me that he could get it from the factory, but since it was not an advertised "option" for the grille on his website, I didn't know if he really knew what the factory could or could not do and I didn't want to be a beta tester.
No i dodnt have that option... I didnt see anyone selling a grille that had this option with it...
Old 01-28-2014, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
Are the sensors installed in the pic you attached? When you say unplugged, did you physically remove the sensors from the original grille and reinstall them on the RS grill? Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions but I'm looking for a direct fit/ swap and don't want to "jerry rig" the parking sensors on the new grill..

Yes the sensors are installed in the pic, u might be able to see the right one ?? I could take more pics for u if needed??

Yes to physically remove the sensor and then place it in the bracket on the new grille. Real plug and play..

Ask any question u have...