Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

A/C recirculate button

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Audi would auto recirculate when sitting behind a polluting stinking car then we would not have this thread. No it doesn't work. They may say it does, but it doesn't.

An easy one to poke holes through is your statement about Audi not wanting to have recirc on for long trips because it causes drowsiness. Um. If its on manual it doesn't turn off until I turn it off or I turn off the car so that argument doesnt work. There easy. hole blown. Like I said. I'm done with it. I was posting to find out if they now about he issue, but they clearly think they are doing something correctly. I don't expect this thread to change their minds. Which is why I will choose a different brand for my next vehicle.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I think you bought the wrong car.
+ 1

they actually made it easier to switch off the AC since original models, no need to hold the button down so long now. Although, the recirculate seems to reset every time you switch the car off.

Anyhow, I wouldnt call it a deal breaker, unless you are disappointed that your large SUV is not as fast as you expected it to be...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ercstar
+ 1

they actually made it easier to switch off the AC since original models, no need to hold the button down so long now. Although, the recirculate seems to reset every time you switch the car off.

Anyhow, I wouldnt call it a deal breaker, unless you are disappointed that your large SUV is not as fast as you expected it to be...
Who said anything about wanting a fast SUV? I like the pep of the S-Line though, but its the family vehicle. I was more thinking about an S5 or RS5 as my replacement for the G35 I let go. But a few things just seem like lazy programming in a $60k+ luxury vehicle.

Another I recently noticed is the volume of the audio system. If it is muted and I turn off the vehicle, the next time it starts up it plays at the previous non-muted volume. Again, this just seems lazy. They might not be deal breakers on a future purchase, depending on the sticker and performance of the RS5, but I prefer/expect a greater attention to detail at this price.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PkB2011
Who said anything about wanting a fast SUV? I like the pep of the S-Line though, but its the family vehicle. I was more thinking about an S5 or RS5 as my replacement for the G35 I let go. But a few things just seem like lazy programming in a $60k+ luxury vehicle.

Another I recently noticed is the volume of the audio system. If it is muted and I turn off the vehicle, the next time it starts up it plays at the previous non-muted volume. Again, this just seems lazy. They might not be deal breakers on a future purchase, depending on the sticker and performance of the RS5, but I prefer/expect a greater attention to detail at this price.
The G35 has good power/weight ratio although, you have several options depending upon your needs: RS4, RS5 (as you mentioned)and of course, the RS6...

As much as the 4.2 V8 is solid as a Gold, I personally like the turbo charged options...the fact that you can drive like a granny and instantly (minus a hint of lag) turn into a hooligan is too cool to ignore.