Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

A/C drain clogged

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goodlivn,
That is a worthwhile CPO! In fact, tremendous in comparison to covered oil changes every 15k....
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had this done about 3 weeks ago and it was covered under my CPO warranty. Also, I did not buy the car from the dealer where the service was performed and warranty repairs honored.

I was pretty astounded as I thought I would have to argue a bit to get it covered under the warranty but there was no questions asked and it was covered. In fact I had the 4 tires rotated and rebalanced, the A/C drains unclogged, a 45K mile service performed (oil change basically)and they replaced the entire CC unit as some pixels were dying when displaying "OFF", only about 4 pixels were dead but they replaced it under warranty too.

Total charge $145.00

Not bad. (especially considering it holds 10 Qt of oil)
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer bill you $145.00 and billed the rest to Audi under warranty. Dealers are here to make money and sell cars, not to be your friend.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah as a former BMUU owner I heard the same complaints about stealers and warranty over on the BMUU forums as well as here.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upallnight
Dealer bill you $145.00 and billed the rest to Audi under warranty. Dealers are here to make money and sell cars, not to be your friend.
Oh, I thought they did it out of the kindness of their hearts.....thanks for clearing things up for me.

I was just using my example of a pleasant dealer experience for the same issue as the subject of the thread, but thanks for your contribution.

FWIW the CC head was $1100 according to the service rep, sure glad for the CPO!

Last edited by WVUrS6; 06-07-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Goodlivn
yea bought a new X5 a few years ago and they were covering stuff like wiper blades, brakes, oil changes, brake lights, etc... if i had a problem, i took it in and they took care of it without charging me. a friend of mine just got a CPO BMW and she says they still do it that way

they werent perfect, but it was nice to know that a ~$1000 brake job was covered
Unless you buy the extended service, they won't cover brakes on a CPO BMW either. The AudiCare plan is the way to go for sure as the cost is minimal and you get a better money factor which evens it out anyway. Then all your service for 4yr/50k is covered.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chickdr
Unless you buy the extended service, they won't cover brakes on a CPO BMW either. The AudiCare plan is the way to go for sure as the cost is minimal and you get a better money factor which evens it out anyway. Then all your service for 4yr/50k is covered.
i think her CPO was within the original 4yrs of BMW's maintenance plan so her brakes are covered until that expires. not sure how it works if you try to extend that further into the CPO life

will likely get more Audi care since they only give one year, but even that one year doesnt match BMW's maintenance plan...and theirs is for 4yrs
Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

But what is the price of the comparable BMW? It may be more for less car to cover the cost. They have to pay for it somehow....

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE
Goodlivn,
That is a worthwhile CPO! In fact, tremendous in comparison to covered oil changes every 15k....
That's not part of the CPO. You have to buy extended service to get this coverage(beyond 4yr/50K) and it isn't cheap.

Last edited by chickdr; 06-23-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
It should be a warranty issue - as it is not something that you caused. I would protest to AOA

I've had that issue before with other brands (BMW) and they covered it.
So after some discussion with Audi NA, they could not get the dealer in NYC to cover the expense. Yes, Audi NA also considers it wear and tear that the a/c drain gets clogged. The dealer was not willing to make an adjustment.

So, I will never take my car to this dealer again for work outside of warranty work. I will not buy my next Audi from them either. Oh well, about all I can do.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

which dealer?

Quick Reply: A/C drain clogged