Audi Q7 3.6 early production

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 3.6 early production

Hey everyone

I am new to this forum.

I have an audi q7 3.6 and I have been having the oil pressure and engine noise issue at start up since I have first got the car (June 2007). My build day is June 2006.

I have brought the car into the dealer at least 10 times over the last two years and the problem has not been fixed.

Can someone provide me with some advice on how to get my dealer to fix this issue?
Old 05-17-2009, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Read these few old threads, they may help

Discussion from July 07
Discussion with Images from Audi workshop manual August 07
Discussion from May 08 with TSB and further links.
The third one also has a list of members who have had this same problem. As far as I am aware all have had the TSB repair carried out.
Basically the Oil filter housing is replaced by an upgrade version that has a different non return valve.
Good luck, be sure to report back with any news.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your quick reply, I will go to the dealer in the morning and report back soon.

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Discussion from July 07
Discussion with Images from Audi workshop manual August 07
Discussion from May 08 with TSB and further links.
The third one also has a list of members who have had this same problem. As far as I am aware all have had the TSB repair carried out.
Basically the Oil filter housing is replaced by an upgrade version that has a different non return valve.
Good luck, be sure to report back with any news.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your dealer was so negligent not to identify this problem after bringing in the car multiple times - you have a case with Audi USA for a possible replacement. This was a widespread issue and ours was fixed immediately. Operating that car with the oil pressure issue can do damage to the engine.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have took the car in to the dealership this morning. They insist that they were unable to fault the car before, they said that they have made attemp to fix the problem, apply the TSB (software update), change the oil pressure switch and etc. So basically declined all liability!

They have arranged for the car to be left overnight and they will investigate the issue. However they said that they are fully booked until 9th of June.

Also I live in Australia, seems like the dealership in Australia is not as friendly as the USA one.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 14 Q7s here(AW) in Australia and you are the only 3.6

2 V8 FSI and the rest are TDI.
Ian8 never posted what he is driving.

Like you said you seem to be out on your own. It is still a little surprising that they dont just bang off an email to Audi AG and ask them. The only other fault reported on AW from Oz was a faulty earth connection with an MMI.

PS most Auzzie Q7s are Black.

Last edited by Jusforfun; 05-18-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: here(AW)
Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
2 V8 FSI and the rest are TDI.
Ian8 never posted what he is driving.

Like you said you seem to be out on your own. It is still a little surprising that they dont just bang off an email to Audi AG and ask them. The only other fault reported on AW from Oz was a faulty earth connection with an MMI.

PS most Auzzie Q7s are Black.
heres an update;
The car was dropped off to audi dealer yesterday, and they provided me with a new a4 1.8t loaner, which is quite nice.

However back to the q7, they said that they have spoke to audi tech and they suggest performing a software upgade would resolve the problem. They said this is the first step, if problem still exists they will have to order in a filter housing replacement for the car, but at this stage they are unwilling to do so...

What do u guyes think? Sounds like bull **** to me!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Recent US side work

I'll need to provide more detail, but briefly. Same issue for us, but new car for this family. Cold start chatter and dieseling.

just last week...

Work:
Confirmed cold start issue
"Injector" replaced
Per AoA, lap (resurface) valves
Many new gaskets, filters and seals.

Result:
Car seems much smoother on fwy and cold start seemed better at least initially, but now I'm much more cognisant, so I'll be listening.
Feels nice driving, but actually seems to be returning lower MPG. May be 'tight' from engine work. I'll give it time.

Will post more detailed work order later.

DD(CA)
Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is another update

The dealer insisted that the software update will fix the issue, so I had the dealer to test the car for 2 more days, and they confirmed that the issue has been fixed.

This morning the same oil pressure light and ratter sound came up again!

I have contacted Audi Australia and filed a formal complain...

All I can really say is Audi USA seem much more responsible than Audi Australia! May be due to the larger numbers of Audi sells in US.

Originally Posted by DD (CA)
I'll need to provide more detail, but briefly. Same issue for us, but new car for this family. Cold start chatter and dieseling.

just last week...

Work:
"Injector" replaced
Per AoA, lap (resurface) valves
Many new gaskets, filters and seals.

Result:
Car seems much smoother on fwy and cold start seemed better at least initially, but now I'm much more cognisant, so I'll be listening.
Feels nice driving, but actually seems to be returning lower MPG. May be 'tight' from engine work. I'll give it time.

Will post more detailed work order later.

DD(CA)
Old 06-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Q7, Dealer replaced the Motor last month

My wife has a 3.6 Q7 and we have had several problems with it. Dealer replaced the motor last week b/c they could not figure out the problem and Audi agreed to replace the whole motor. I guess I am happy but concerned with the 3.6 motor. We are trading in the 3.6 Q7 for a 4.2 Q7 this weekend.

Quick Reply: Audi Q7 3.6 early production