Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Any leads on a 2015 TDI with low miles? My kiddo just totaled mine

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any leads on a 2015 TDI with low miles? My kiddo just totaled mine

My 16yo rear ended another car on the freeway while driving my 2015 Q7 TDI, Prestige, had about 175k miles on it. Kiddo is fine, no airbags, Q7 is a tank. I drove it home later, and the turbo was clearly broken and dumping to the air, had no power at all. Doesn’t look that expensive, but estimate is $17k w/o the mechanical work. Nuts.

Anyone have a lead on a good used? I’ll scour Craigslist, FB marketplace, and cars.com. Any other key places to look? Most of the used 2014-2015 I’m seeing are equal to my repair estimate give or take $2k.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Ouch. Sorry. One of the downsides of driving older higher mileage vehicles. Depreciation makes collision insurance coverage of little value. Yet premiums stay as high as when vehicles were new.
Good luck with your search. AutoTrader is a good source too.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear this. I'm about to move on from my 13 Q7 TDI prestige (Air and BO); it's similar to yours, 175k on the clock. Funny that I just bought a low mile 2011 tacoma for much more than I'll get for the Q7. It is a tank, and been so reliable. Glad it served it's purpose of protecting your son.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 251 Likes on 215 Posts

I cannot help on the Q7 replacement lead, but if there was no airbag deployment, you can likely fix this one for very inexpensive (most likely intercooler replacement and/or piping is all that's needed to get the turbo system up and running, and the car out of limp mode), then just do some "overlander" modding to avoid having to replace all the pieces and parts involved in the front bumper area. One of our members here is currently involved in a full-on overlander modification, but there's no need to go that deep into it just to address the front end damage. I'd say that would be a great way to invest your child into the car more, and have continued use of the "tank" without so much worry about what's next.

Last edited by -Wes-; 02-21-2024 at 12:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
'10Q7TDI_Prestige' (02-23-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 353 Likes on 296 Posts

Get the Carfax app for your phone. There are a lot of lower mileage, no accident Q7 TDI's available.
mrcall77 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 597 Posts

I've used CarGurus.com website to locate both the Q7 TDIs we've bought, but it's good to look around too. Did notice a lot of one owner cars and some really low mileage too.

Not knowing how much damage yours has, I noticed it say yours has air susp and 'had' the adaptive cruise control ...nice features set, and like WES said, you lose your turbo boost pressure if those intercoolers mounted up front on both sides get damaged/mangled, or just come off the air hose connection by taking a good whack, etc. Def want to pay attention there as they could be allowing in unfiltered air currently.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lentiman
My 16yo rear ended another car on the freeway while driving my 2015 Q7 TDI, Prestige, had about 175k miles on it. Kiddo is fine, no airbags, Q7 is a tank. I drove it home later, and the turbo was clearly broken and dumping to the air, had no power at all. Doesn’t look that expensive, but estimate is $17k w/o the mechanical work. Nuts.

Anyone have a lead on a good used? I’ll scour Craigslist, FB marketplace, and cars.com. Any other key places to look? Most of the used 2014-2015 I’m seeing are equal to my repair estimate give or take $2k.
Are you looking to spend around the repair price? Any reason specifically '14-'15? Low mileage TDI prestiges are a rare find these days depending on your definition of low. I typically use car guru's, best platform in my opinion. There is a single TDI prestige with under 70k miles (my definition of low), but it's white on beige (not my preference). I would be interested in moving my '13 Prestige with 54k miles but it'll be a decent bit north of the repair on yours.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Use all the sites

Originally Posted by Kittrell
Are you looking to spend around the repair price? Any reason specifically '14-'15? Low mileage TDI prestiges are a rare find these days depending on your definition of low. I typically use car guru's, best platform in my opinion. There is a single TDI prestige with under 70k miles (my definition of low), but it's white on beige (not my preference). I would be interested in moving my '13 Prestige with 54k miles but it'll be a decent bit north of the repair on yours.

I use all the sites to search Nationwide for my vehicles and do not forget to get a PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION! Carfax gives some comfort, but not all states or shops report. I bought a car that had a clean Carfax and I failed myself by not getting it inspected prior to. Turns out that the vehicle had under carriage damage most likely by an employee and was stashed in the back of the dealership. Luckily they stood behind it and paid for the repair that was discovered by my local mechanic. I got lucky and will never roll that dice without an inspection. A paint meter is another inexpensive tool to own and you can buy a decent one for $75 on Amazon. Buyer Beware.
-Wes- (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is one, may be in line with what you are looking for.

https://luxuryautoz.com/vehicle/used...MAFE3ED005405/
D Spin (02-28-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow that Q7 Prestige at Luxury Auto is a nice one, has about a month / 12,000 miles left on the diesel-gate extended warranty, price is a bit optimistic...but who knows. The market must be particularly bad right now for higher mileage used Q7 TDI's, values are shockingly low for such a capable vehicle. When I bought mine a couple of years ago, these things were selling pretty well....but now it's like they've gone off a cliff.

Quick Reply: Any leads on a 2015 TDI with low miles? My kiddo just totaled mine