Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2014 Q7 VAG Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Q7 VAG Modifications

Hi There,
Just picked up my Q7. Can anyone please suggest all the available VAG Modifications for 2014 Audi Q7 with MMI 3G+.
Also is the VAG compatible enough to make modifications in the 2014 Q7.
I will be getting my own VAG software soon.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dm116
Hi There,
Just picked up my Q7. Can anyone please suggest all the available VAG Modifications for 2014 Audi Q7 with MMI 3G+.
Also is the VAG compatible enough to make modifications in the 2014 Q7.
I will be getting my own VAG software soon.
Thanks
Congrats on the Q7, Just wondering , wouldn't some modifications using VAG void your warranty as you are making adjustments to factory settings ?
(ie you use VAG to modify the way your windows operate, and then you have issues with the window motor, Audi could claim that this is due to your modification and not a warranty issue.)

anyways, here are some relevant links that may give you some ideas to try on your new ride.

http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-VAG-COM-codes

http://trick77.com/2009/07/18/enable...s-vag-com-mmi/

http://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_VIM.html
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Senobi.
The links are very useful.
I get your warranty point as well but there is very little I would want to modify, just curious to know what modifications are possible/available on the 2014 Q7.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Senobi
Congrats on the Q7, Just wondering , wouldn't some modifications using VAG void your warranty as you are making adjustments to factory settings ?
(ie you use VAG to modify the way your windows operate, and then you have issues with the window motor, Audi could claim that this is due to your modification and not a warranty issue.)
I've been making mods using VCDS on four Audis for 13 years and never had a warranty issue as a result. Even my dealer knows about my changes. The key is to stick to the tested and confirmed mods and stay away from experimenting unless you actually know what you're doing. All of the common mods are simply changes to the options already built in to the Audi software that for one reason or another, they decided to set as a default, particularly for North America. None of these will hurt a thing or void the warranty (so long as you follow the directions).
Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks snagitseven for showing your belief in the VCDS.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also got a new Q7. I'd like to do the DVD in motion modification, is there anyone in the VA/DC/MD/NC area who has a VAG-COM that is willing to help? I'm willing to travel and give you a few bucks to help offset your time and effort. Let me know, thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of the things that folks want to change are typically available in other markets, so there isn't very likely to ever be any warranty issues with them. In fact, you could get a number of them done at a dealer if they co-operated. Most dealers won't do them though out of liability fears.

Disabling seatbelt chimes isn't going to cause a warranty issue, but it may cause a lawsuit if the dealer gets sued because somebody didn't get a reminder to latch their belt. Apparently, the window control from remote disables the pinch protection, and so the dealer's worry isn't with causing an issue with the vehicle but rather that somebody gets hurt and sues the dealer.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
A lot of the things that folks want to change are typically available in other markets, so there isn't very likely to ever be any warranty issues with them. In fact, you could get a number of them done at a dealer if they co-operated. Most dealers won't do them though out of liability fears.

Disabling seatbelt chimes isn't going to cause a warranty issue, but it may cause a lawsuit if the dealer gets sued because somebody didn't get a reminder to latch their belt. Apparently, the window control from remote disables the pinch protection, and so the dealer's worry isn't with causing an issue with the vehicle but rather that somebody gets hurt and sues the dealer.
This is exactly what the tech at the dealership explained to me.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
The pinch control works as designed in my car with the convenience window/sunroof activated. Sounds like a nice excuse for a dealer to not do it though.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

UK cars have the convenience close from remote or keyless door handle lock button enabled and it appears in the MMI as a feature you can select which windows close or open and whether to include the sunroof(s).

As far as I am aware, safety cut-out still functions as well.

Quick Reply: 2014 Q7 VAG Modifications