Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2010 Audi Q7 3.6 long term issues between 55k and 75k 8 to 13 year of ownerships

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 Audi Q7 3.6 long term issues between 55k and 75k 8 to 13 year of ownerships

FYI- Issues I have encountered were as follows between 55K and 75K 8 to 13 years
Hvac fan failed-Replaced with aftermarket fan
Rear Plastic sunshade clip broken-not fixed
Rear washer port plugged and not spraying-fixed unplugged
Fuel door actuator failed-not fixed yet
Power steering leak traced to failed leaking joint on piping to power steering cooleR connection -cooler bypassed with aftermarket cooler
Power steering fluid replaced with CHF 11S synthetic , No issues with Synthetic fluid, power steering reservoir cap stated g002000 MINERAL oil
Plastic clips holding ECM failed-ECM loose and bouncing. ECM zip tied with plastic bag cover to prevent movement and water intrusion
Sunroof drains clogged/water leaks front rear-snaked and cleared
Rear headliner delaminating about 1 square foot-not fixed
Rear back of driver /passenger seat delaminating needs to be glued-not fixed
Poor lighting with halogen bulbs- replaced with LED Huge improvement
Rear hatch working intermittently-button need to be pressed multiple times-not fixed
Oil leak traced to oil filter cap O-ring-O ring replaced during oil change-no leaks
Suspension groan creak during hot weather-not fixed
Occasional hard 1 to 2 auto transmission shift-not fixed

Added Plastic Interior backing on Hand rest and cup holder cracked-Not Fixed
Intermittent Oil level sensor error-usually happens during long highway runs
Scheduled Maintenance
Original plugs replaced at ~70K, plugs looked good, no drivability issues
Front Brakes replaced with Bosch BP QuietCast Premium Semi Metallic Disc Brake Pad- Minimum Dust Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
~5000K Oil changes with 5W-30 Quaker State

Last edited by Alphadog1; 03-17-2024 at 08:02 AM. Reason: missed items
Old 03-13-2024, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Help on a couple of those familiar issues.

Our fuel door lock stopped locking. I sprayed silicone lubricant into it and operated it over and over. It started locking again with the doors and has worked for months now. Same with my 2015 S5. ( it creates a trouble code on that car when it doesn’t lock)

You can get a sunroof shade latch that works fine on Amazon.
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-13-2024, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had to pry the fuel door open. I am not sure if I broke something on the door or the actuator in that the door does not fully close. The release wire inside the car wouldn't open it either. I have not looked at since it happened. If the door latch is not broken I will try lubing up the actuator as you suggested. Sunshade clip ordered. I thought I had to replace the whole sunshade. Thank You

Old 03-16-2024, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I looked at the actuator and door. I broke the plastic tip of the actuator, so time for a new actuator.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 597 Posts

Just a tip on the sunroof drains; those leak into car due to the way the hose line fits into an intermediary silicone connector in the rear drains; that's the weak point/leak point, as the actual drain hose slightly deforms over time allowing some water to exit the fitting and travel down the exterior of the drain pipe, etc. Similar situation on the front drains, with a hose connection point in mid-A pillar location.

FWIW, haven't messed with my front sunroof drains as they haven't leaked into car. I regularly check (visually) my plenum (left/right side) and HVAC (front right, left rear) drain points beneath the car to ensure they all are draining normally. I did find evidence of water collecting in far left rear cargo area (below load floor)...water was directly below where the drain hose runs down the rear pillar, etc., and so I looked it up/learned method of access/resolution options, and DIY resolved both drain connections on rear sunroof before that turned into a major, electronics killing issue.

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 03-17-2024 at 03:40 PM. Reason: details/clarity
Old 03-17-2024, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good Info. I read that the tubing connections were weak but I have not taken anything apart yet.