Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2008 Brochure - S Line exclusions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Brochure - S Line exclusions

Just picked up the 2008 Q7 Brochure in anticipation of our order to replace our 2004 Treg coming off lease. Some interesting things (read as concerns) that show up:

For 2008, the brochure indicates that the Cold Weather package (rear heated seats and heated steering wheel) and the Technology Package (Audi Side Assist, voice control for phone and Nav and Audi Lane Assist; DVD Nav and Advanced key standard on 4.2 Premium) are indicated as unavailable with S Line package. Not sure why, but it's a concern. The S Line is almost a must for me with sport shifters and the monochromatic paint, but really want the heated steering wheel and voice command.

Does anyone with an '07 S Line have the heated steering wheel? I have this in our current Treg and it's HUGE on those cold evenings and mornings.

Also, they now list a separate rear seat entertainment system with monitors that install behind the rear headrests that are removable. Interesting. They've also added a few new options that haven't been listed on any of the pricing sheets I've seen as follows:

- B&O sound system with moveable tweeters
- Chrome 20" wheels
- Addition to technology package is Audi Lane Assist, which differs from Side Assist.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default On a 2007 S-Line - they take away the heated stearing wheel.

I've been told it has to do with the available space in the wiring harness and the paddle shifters require some wiring.

Bummer I know!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 AM
wdt
Audiworld Junior Member

'07 s-line heated wheel no, voice-yes
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No Cold Weather, Yes NAV

I just ordered an '08 S-line and I orignally had cold weather package on the list. They called me yesterday to tell me it was not available on the s-line as the order was put on "standby" by Audi. The heated steering wheel would have been nice, but being a BMW owner for a while, they too don't do the heated steering wheel with the sport steering wheel.

They did not say anything about Nav. I did not opt for the Tech Package and added NAV separately. As far as I know, the car is being built.

Joe
Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nav and keyless start appear okay

However, the other items in the tech package, namely audi side assist, audi lane assist, and voice command on the Nav and blue tooth phone, are in question. Really stinks!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default '07 S-Line, tech package-yes, heated steering-no, heated rears-yes

S-Line was a must for me as well, no exterior plastic to armour-all, no faded side skirts. Funny how when I got mine, I was told it was hard to find an S-Line without the Tech and Infotainment packages bundled together. I guess our complaint of wanting an S-Line without out those went too far.

Take the money you would save on some silicon spray and put it towards a good pair or two of gloves

Cheers!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: On a 2007 S-Line - they take away the heated stearing wheel.

Does anyone with an S Line have Audi Side Assist?? Also, the new lane assist is AWESOME. However, I'm guessing the wiring in the steering wheel is the same issue. They say that if you sway in your lane, the steering wheel will vibrate.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

'07 S-Line side assist yes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: UPDATES

I heard from my dealer that the issue with S line & Tech is the steering wheel (lane assist requires four-spoke wheel). It will be resolved, so if you order S line & Technology Package, your S line steering wheel will be deleted. Heated rear seats are code 4A4 and will work with the S line package. I think it's a $300 option. Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: - B&O sound system with moveable tweeters

Hmmm, this must be newer than the Order Guide a got a couple weeks ago. Do you have an option code for the B&O?

Quick Reply: 2008 Brochure - S Line exclusions