Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

08 Q7 S-Line with some mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are Adams Rotors? What recommendations does everyone have?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by q7mofo
I have a bit of a teaser for you guys.
Long story short.
I put orange incandescent bulbs in for my headlights back in the winter. The film burnt off the bulbs and hazed the inside of my lenses. Not good. So after much thought and past experience "Joey modding" in my past VW life, I have successfully removed the headlight lens tonight.....now that the tough part is over with I am thinking what should I do to these now that I have them apart......
thanks for your write up. This has me intrigued. I was looking at my lights to see what I could paint black, would like to take the orange reflectors out, etc. good stuff man
Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scottr13
Thanks for writing that up. I'll look into purchasing a VAGcom then I'll follow your guide

Is anyone having issues with bulb out errors? I got it on Friday and Monday morning when first setting off for work but it disappears and when I get home and check they are working. I thought it may have been a lose connection but its always the passengers side error but that's the side I taped together to seal. If it was the drivers side I could understand a lose connection because I haven't got round to insulate taping that up yet

Update on the above, the passengers side white lights are going off and showing bulb out errors. They sometimes come on and off while driving. The connection a are firmly in so I've contacted the seller to see what they can do. I'm guessing faulty ballast box
Old 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
How are Adams Rotors? What recommendations does everyone have?
if you're not doing oem go with zimmerman... they are the oem supplier and great product.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Before

After with 2012 grill, Led Turn signals and "Joey Modded" headlights. Sorry about the crappy pics. I'll post some with the lights on later.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by q7mofo
Before

After with 2012 grill, Led Turn signals and "Joey Modded" headlights. Sorry about the crappy pics. I'll post some with the lights on later.
why didn't you black out the amber?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ghetto. buy oem ecode headlights to get rid of the amber and still maintain oem functionality.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is by far the best Q7 thread for all us before facelift years!

I too would like to do this mod but please forgive my ignorance but i have questions:

1. I found a unit on Amazon which looks to be the same as the one on ebay but going for $432.58 and free shipping. What do you guys think

2x Daytime Running Light LED DRL Daylight Head Lamp Turn Signal for Audi Q7 : Amazon.com : Automotive 2x Daytime Running Light LED DRL Daylight Head Lamp Turn Signal for Audi Q7 : Amazon.com : Automotive

2. Has anyone successfully hooked up the LED so the DRL lights come on and also retain the stock headlight DRL. Have them both on at the same time?

3. During the day if you hook up the LED to DRL, what happens when you use the turn signal. Is the amber brighter then the white or does the white alternate with the amber as you signal?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by phillips2024
why didn't you black out the amber?
It would have looked odd. I still wanted the chrome around the bottom and this surrounds the amber. It would of stuck out more. Less is more.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
ghetto. buy oem ecode headlights to get rid of the amber and still maintain oem functionality.
Go for it. I'm not spending 2-3k on new headlights. This copies the v12 look anyway. So why not? This nicely updates preface models.

Quick Reply: 08 Q7 S-Line with some mods