Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stasis exhaust/Ecu Reflash Q7?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis exhaust/Ecu Reflash Q7?

Got a 2013 Q7 S-Line Prestige and my attention was caught by the Stasis exhaust and ECU Reflash.
Exhaust-
ECU Reflash-

Has anyone gotten any one of the above on their Q7? Any reviews? "Side effects"? The exhaust sounds brilliant and the ECU Reflash gives over 400bhp from the Q7's 333hp engine!The only problem is I don't know anyone who has gotten this done and would like to know for sure that there are no problems in doing this!

Thank you
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If this didn't void warranty, I would have gotten this done in a heartbeat on my '14 S-line.

I may consider it when warranty expires though.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
If this didn't void warranty, I would have gotten this done in a heartbeat on my '14 S-line.

I may consider it when warranty expires though.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't void warranty, its kind of how bmw has dinan.It is Audi approved, heck this tuning is available at most audi dealerships.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sbrar96
I'm pretty sure it doesn't void warranty, its kind of how bmw has dinan.It is Audi approved, heck this tuning is available at most audi dealerships.
I'm not sure where you're located but not a single Audi dealership in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex will honor this. I've reached out to all of them within a 100 miles from me and they basically told me "you break, you buy!"

I know a Dinan tune via BMW is handled a bit differently. I don't think Stasis is quite there yet. At least not in my area.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Having spoken with Stasis folks in email and telephone conversations, I can tell you that the Audi warranty is very likely to be voided, and that Stasis puts their own warranty on the impacted components to "replace" it. Take a look around and you'll find that Audi has become increasingly more aggressive in the last few years about refusing warranty coverage for cars that have been modified - especially when it comes to ECU tuning. They even have a code for it in the service database. There are a lot of cars out there that have been marked TD1. Here is just one example. Read through the comments to get a feel for what you might be up against.

Click Me
Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by va-terps4
Having spoken with Stasis folks in email and telephone conversations, I can tell you that the Audi warranty is very likely to be voided, and that Stasis puts their own warranty on the impacted components to "replace" it. Take a look around and you'll find that Audi has become increasingly more aggressive in the last few years about refusing warranty coverage for cars that have been modified - especially when it comes to ECU tuning. They even have a code for it in the service database. There are a lot of cars out there that have been marked TD1. Here is just one example. Read through the comments to get a feel for what you might be up against.

Click Me
This is completely true, just did some more research on it and stasis says they take over the warrantly(match Audi's warranty) Don't know how credible that would be though!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tiggaman
I'm not sure where you're located but not a single Audi dealership in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex will honor this. I've reached out to all of them within a 100 miles from me and they basically told me "you break, you buy!"

I know a Dinan tune via BMW is handled a bit differently. I don't think Stasis is quite there yet. At least not in my area.
I know for a fact that Audi dealers do install these, i live in vancouver and Capilano Audi does this, right off their website-

"The STaSIS Signature Series line of turnkey packages and components consists of performance upgrades for suspension, wheel, tire, exhaust, and engine that deliver the ultimate driving experience over stock vehicles, all with a factory-matching 4-year/50,000-mile warranty."
Old 04-09-2014, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm fairly positive that Audi corporate is not affiliated with Stasis. Instead, a relatively small number of Audi dealerships are signed up with Stasis. They have basically agreed to do installations and warranty work with Stasis directly. So if you only go to places where there is a Stasis shop, you might be okay. But I seriously doubt non-Stasis dealerships are going to touch a TD1 car.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by va-terps4
I'm fairly positive that Audi corporate is not affiliated with Stasis. Instead, a relatively small number of Audi dealerships are signed up with Stasis. They have basically agreed to do installations and warranty work with Stasis directly. So if you only go to places where there is a Stasis shop, you might be okay. But I seriously doubt non-Stasis dealerships are going to touch a TD1 car.
Really wish I had one of these dealers close by!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi Mission Viejo in Souther California sells/installs Stasis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stasis exhaust/Ecu Reflash Q7?