Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

[Brakes] My shopping cart

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default [Brakes] My shopping cart

Hi guys!

Here is my shopping cart, what do you think?

Thanks!

Neo
Old 07-05-2016, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Lots of good choices out there. I just ordered OEM pads and Zimmermann Coat Z rotors. After much hand-wringing and reading lots of reviews, while ceramics would produce very little brake dust, I decided against them in favor of the OEM semi-metallics for less pedal pressure and initial bite. (I almost ordered the Okebono pads). I have my wheels coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus which does a very good job of shedding brake dust so I was less inclined to choose ceramics for that reason.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NEO,

I went with Stop Tech cryo treated drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk LTS pads all around.

Got them at Autoanything.com for a great price but as others have said, lots of good options out there. I rely heavily on user reviews of products and thats what led me to go with the above products for my Q.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Lots of good choices out there. I just ordered OEM pads and Zimmermann Coat Z rotors. After much hand-wringing and reading lots of reviews, while ceramics would produce very little brake dust, I decided against them in favor of the OEM semi-metallics for less pedal pressure and initial bite. (I almost ordered the Okebono pads). I have my wheels coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus which does a very good job of shedding brake dust so I was less inclined to choose ceramics for that reason.
Yeah that's why I will go with ceramic pads, no want to get my mags/rims dirty haha.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
NEO,

I went with Stop Tech cryo treated drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk LTS pads all around.

Got them at Autoanything.com for a great price but as others have said, lots of good options out there. I rely heavily on user reviews of products and thats what led me to go with the above products for my Q.
Yep! Always keeping an eye on user reviews before buying something!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably want to double up on the rotors.

I prefer ceramic pads myself. they may not have as much bite, but they have less fade.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Double up?

You mean that I don't have enough rotors? I just have enough for 2 wheels (1 rear+1 front?)
Old 09-18-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Neo777
Double up?

You mean that I don't have enough rotors? I just have enough for 2 wheels (1 rear+1 front?)
You need to change the rotors on both sides of each axle. Unless those rotors listed in your shopping cart are a pair for each axle, you will need two more for four rotors total - one for each wheel on the car. Two sets of pads for the front wheels, two sets of pads for the rear wheels, two rotors for the front wheels and two rotors for the rear wheels.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You need to change the rotors on both sides of each axle. Unless those rotors listed in your shopping cart are a pair for each axle, you will need two more for four rotors total - one for each wheel on the car. Two sets of pads for the front wheels, two sets of pads for the rear wheels, two rotors for the front wheels and two rotors for the rear wheels.
Thanks, it is clear and helpful.
38 pound for one set. So, I guess it's 2 discs per set so my cart is OK.
...One disc, even for a Q7, not more than 19 pounds eh?...

If that's right, what's going on with these pads, have to check too..

Hope everything is OK, cause for less than 400$, this is very good!
Old 09-19-2016, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't guess. Confirm those rotors you show in the post are for a pair and not just for one each.

Quick Reply: [Brakes] My shopping cart