Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Post your Q7 Rear cargo liner picture !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have the Husky liner for the Q7? In the past I've spend 30-40 less on Husky over Weathertech, but in the case it seems that the cost is within $10-20 between the two products, and so Weathertech seems to be the way to go.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking into the all season mats right now and i always liked the way weathertech fitted and the abuse they took. Question...I have a 2008 Q7 and if i go witht he weathertech rear cargo that covers the third row seat do i need to remove it if i need to add the third row seating or does it fold?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinniety
Looking into the all season mats right now and i always liked the way weathertech fitted and the abuse they took. Question...I have a 2008 Q7 and if i go witht he weathertech rear cargo that covers the third row seat do i need to remove it if i need to add the third row seating or does it fold?
It can be folded, but not at all neatly or nicely. Removal is better.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

any trunk liner that lets you use the 3rd row without having to take out the liner?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rnp614
any trunk liner that lets you use the 3rd row without having to take out the liner?
I've had the canvasback for 2 years and it's still going strong. It's rugged, durable, protects cargo well, and the best part is you never have to take it out if you want to use the 3rd row. I also cut out the canvas for the cargo hooks.

Make sure you take your time to lay it down and try to avoid getting the adhesive on the plastic(non-carpet) sections of the back seat. I live in TX so when it got really hot that first summer, there were some edges that peeled on the back of the seats and the adhesive was really sticky. Other than that I don't have any gripes.

I got the whole package with side pieces but ended up taking off the 2nd row backs and side pieces as I didn't really need them.
http://stores.canvasback.com/servlet...chpath=3681584
Name:  IMG_1779.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  45.5 KB
Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

It looks like you got the graphite version? Which matches the stock black S-Line interior best? I assume the black would? Or would it look way darker?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently when through the shopping process for floor and cargo liners. I ended up buying Husky Weatherbeaters for the floor liners and the Novline mat for the cargo liner. Here's a few comments on what I found.

I initially bought the Audi economy foam cargo liner, not realizing it would be so cheap and flimsy for the ~$80 I paid, so I returned it. Then I ordered the Husky floor and cargo liners and the Novline cargo (only) mat. The Husky was too rigid and slippery, while the Novline cargo was more of a supple elastomer that lays well but doesn't have a super deep lip around it. The Novline also has D-ring cut-outs that I simply H-slotted with a hobby knife. You can also "fold-roll" the Novline mat back when using the 3rd row, and it isn't exactly tidy, but because it is a light flexible rubber it can be done easily. The only minor complaint with the Novline is that it has this pattern of small ovals that have a grip texture that definitely works, so if you are trying to slide something across the cargo floor it can be a bit of a challenge, though I'd rather have grip than slip.

The Novline mat is a nice weight, but is not has heavy as a Weathertech (if the same thickness as my friend's A4 Avant liner) or OEM Audi premium cargo liner. If you are looking for a solid "value" cargo liner that is still durable, I would recommend the Novline- I think I paid less than $70 from Auto Anything with a promo code.

On the floor liners, the Husky Weatherbeaters have been great and in that application, I don't mind the more rigid make up of them. They cover the front row really well, but limit the use of the passenger seat tray- you really can't slide the drawer open. On the 2nd row, they cover pretty well, but I wish they had further coverage of the rear door sill carpet area, kind of like 1st gen Touareg monster mats had. The only other thing to watch out for is sliding the 2nd row driver's side bench when accessing the 3rd row- the bench will push into the floor liner and temporarily deform it. Accessing the 3rd row from the "typical" passenger side single bench seat doesn't seem to have this issue as the seat guides ride over the top of the floor liner. All in all, the Huskys are a good liner that you can save a few bucks on vs. the Weathertechs, which from my limited experience are better, but you do pay more accordingly. Novline also makes a Q7 floor liner set, which was on perpetual back-order when I was shopping for liners. From the pictures, they look OK, but they look like they would have less coverage, even though the material might be nice.

Other notes: From what I've seen, consider black mats and don't expect any of the offered colors from any of the mfrs to match your interior, particularly the beige (too orange instead of cream like Audi Cardomom seems to be). The greys are a gamble too, with the exception that the OEM Audi gray mats "should" be matched to Audi's lt grey.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It looks like you got the graphite version? Which matches the stock black S-Line interior best? I assume the black would? Or would it look way darker?
I got black and it's matches the black interior best. Sorry, the picture isn't great because it was taken in the sun with my phone.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you think the sticky residue is going to hurt the resale when you remove it or get rid of it? I am a little worried about the mat ruining the cars carpet when I remove it? Or is this something goo-gone will be able to tackle?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you think the sticky residue is going to hurt the resale when you remove it or get rid of it? I am a little worried about the mat ruining the cars carpet when I remove it? Or is this something goo-gone will be able to tackle?
I can not comment long term because I have not tried to take off the cargo liner in 2 years, but I don't see it being a problem. The velcro sticker is just like the ones you can buy in the local hardware store.

I took off the side pieces and backs from the 2nd row after ~3 months and the residue came off of the carpet and plastic with some cleaner. I don't remember what I used but it was similar to goo-gone.

Quick Reply: Post your Q7 Rear cargo liner picture !!!