Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

LED Interior light conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Sorry guys - didn't mean to start a flame war - (even though I kind of egged it on a little).....
You didn't start a flame war. You asked a question and the first responder told you to go find the answer yourself. Not cool.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only place I go to...

tunerdomes.com

best customer service and awesome/quality products.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chigger

tunerdomes.com

Funny you should post to this older thread today - I finally got around to ordering late last night & settled on Tunerdomes. They were semi expensive but they offer free shipping. Everyone else was close to the same price but wanted $15 to $20 for USPS shipping.
Thru my own ineptness I accidentally ordered the kit for 07-09 Q7. I discovered my mistake & called them this morning. A very helpful gentleman tracked down my order, made sure it hadn't shipped & made sure the right kit for my 2013 would be sent. A few minutes later I got an e-mail saying my order had shipped first class mail.

Hopefully I'll be able to get them installed early next week & I'll try & post results.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ordered online from Tunerdomes late Thursday night & despite my screwup in ordering the wrong part# I received my order via U.S. mail on Monday. Great service.
Installation overall was very simple - just use a sturdy plastic tool (I invested in an inexpensive set of interior trim removal tools). All the fixtures come out with firm, gentle pressure. The trim around the front dome & map lights comes down by opening the glasses holder & pulling down gently. Most of the bulb fixtures have plastic enclosures around them - you just have to use a small screwdriver to release them. The map lights in the front were probably the worst. They're bayonet types & there's not a lot of room to get your fingers in there & push in and turn at the same time. Patience and a tight fitting vinyl glove helps get a little more traction. As someone else mentioned in another thread - put a towel over the center console & cover the entrances to the bottomless cavern under the front seats. You're going to drop one of those bulbs at least once & the towel not only protects your center console, it will keep things from disappearing, never to be seen again.
The four puddle lights under the doors are kind of a pain since you have to lie on your back on the ground, but they pop out easily & the bulbs just slide in.

Overall, the change out is a fairly easy job. LEDs are polarity sensitive so you've got a 50/50 chance of being right the first time - unless Murphy lives in your neighborhood, in which case you'll end up turning about 75% of them around to make them come on.

Last edited by Cadx6; 03-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chigger

tunerdomes.com

THIS..hands down great customer service and responsiveness. ECS is great too and a sponsor here but i always seem to find their prices a little more than everyone else FWIW.