2013 Q7 is now available.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got the '13 S Line in Glacier White/Beige! Awesome car! Coming from Infiniti FX35
Old 07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Oleg Simakoff
Got the '13 S Line in Glacier White/Beige! Awesome car! Coming from Infiniti FX35
That's cool. Yeah I'm planning to upgrade from a FX35 too. So is it much better? Any drawbacks compared to the FX? I did notice during test drives that the Q7 seats weren't as bolstered.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by electrolux
That's cool. Yeah I'm planning to upgrade from a FX35 too. So is it much better? Any drawbacks compared to the FX? I did notice during test drives that the Q7 seats weren't as bolstered.

I've only had it since last Tuesday, but here's a list of my initial impressions:

- much smoother (but still firm) ride

- lots of power/torque on hand with that 333hp engine (still being broken in, but I can already see huge performance increase once I go passed 1500 miles)

- lots of room (obvious win compared to the FX)

- 40/60 rear wheel bias quattro system similar to ATTESSA on Infiniti, so you'll be familiar with the forward-thrust feeling

- interior isn't through the top in terms of visual deisgn, like latest Infinitis but extremely high quality materials and very well put together - pure luxury

- 8-speed tranny is super smooth and there's never a hunt for the right gear

- very quiet on the inside - you will not hear the exhaust

- many tech gadgets and the MMI interface are very easy to use and everything feels well-thoughtout

That's it so far I am enjoying very much.

If you have mentally outgrown your FX, like I did (and have kids), get the Q7 - you won't regret it

Thx
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've only had it since last Tuesday, but here's a list of my initial impressions:

- much smoother (but still firm) ride

- lots of power/torque on hand with that 333hp engine (still being broken in, but I can already see huge performance increase once I go passed 1500 miles)

- lots of room (obvious win compared to the FX)

- 40/60 rear wheel bias quattro system similar to ATTESSA on Infiniti, so you'll be familiar with the forward-thrust feeling

- interior isn't through the top in terms of visual deisgn, like latest Infinitis but extremely high quality materials and very well put together - pure luxury

- 8-speed tranny is super smooth and there's never a hunt for the right gear

- very quiet on the inside - you will not hear the exhaust

- many tech gadgets and the MMI interface are very easy to use and everything feels well-thoughtout

That's it so far I am enjoying very much.

If you have mentally outgrown your FX, like I did (and have kids), get the Q7 - you won't regret it

Thx
Perfect. Yeah that helped a lot. Yes I'm mentally tired of the FX. Mine is a 2004 so time to upgrade. I want the extra space for a future family and hauling stuff or going on trips. I was interested in the Q5 but I think it's too small for me needs.

Thanks so much!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Perfect. Yeah that helped a lot. Yes I'm mentally tired of the FX. Mine is a 2004 so time to upgrade. I want the extra space for a future family and hauling stuff or going on trips. I was interested in the Q5 but I think it's too small for me needs.

Thanks so much!

No problem. One thing though...

Start looking for your color combo ASAP as Q7's are on a 3-month factory build cycle, meaning if you order, it'll take you 10-12 weeks of wait time to get what you want. Other options may include a dealer swap or something. It was a 3-way swap in my case and 2+ months or pulling hair trying to find the right car

Good Luck!

Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No problem. One thing though...

Start looking for your color combo ASAP as Q7's are on a 3-month factory build cycle, meaning if you order, it'll take you 10-12 weeks of wait time to get what you want. Other options may include a dealer swap or something. It was a 3-way swap in my case and 2+ months or pulling hair trying to find the right car

Good Luck!

Will probably have to order in my case as I'm pretty particular with my options and colors. I want the S Line Plus package. After all you went through were you able to get a deal? Also what area do you live in? Haven't seen any 2013 models show up here in Southern California yet.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will probably have to order in my case as I'm pretty particular with my options and colors. I want the S Line Plus package. After all you went through were you able to get a deal? Also what area do you live in? Haven't seen any 2013 models show up here in Southern California yet.
Same here: I wanted Glacier White exterior, wife - beige interior, S Line, no tow, but ended up buying with a tow as this was the only extra thing on it and the car was already on the boat.

I got 3% off the MSRP, which is pretty good. I think, I'm the only one with a 2013 in MA at this point (grabbed 1st off the ship).

My suggestion is to narrow down on everything, then negotiate your price (if you can - these things DO sell for MSRP in many cases, so be quick, no hesitation), THEN, have your dealer do a locate (in order of succession):

case 1 - you find it locally, then you are golden
case 2 - other dealer has and your dealer can do a swap
case 3 - locate all incoming cars to your port. This should show the dealer whether the cars are sold or not already
case 4 - locate all cars being built. Dealers usually have access to 'build sheets' and the approximate ETAs and ports of entry.
case 5 - all of the above fails... order and wait
Old 07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i had placed a deposit on the first 2013 q7 s-line to arrive at the dealer- atlantis blue with beige interior. got the call today from dealer that it had arrived, but it had come without the rear entertainment package although it was ordered as such. dealer said there was a delay in the rear entertainment production and the car was sent without it. has anyone heard what's going on with that package or any issues? headed to see the vehicle tomorrow. dealer is researching if Parts Dept can order the Audi DVD players separately for install, or any other third party options that they work with.

any recommendations if the Audi entertainment package isn't available? i was looking forward to the 9" screens that were in the 2013 Audi q7 european brochure

Quick Reply: 2013 Q7 is out.