Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

What features would you like in future Q5/SQ5 models?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:59 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What features would you like in future Q5/SQ5 models?

Let's not let this thread get off track into a "what I don't like about the current MKII Q5".
Instead, let's focus on the future...

I'll start.

1. Honestly, there's not much I like about MB over Audi, but I would like to see Audi adopt a better blind spot alert system. I drove a rental MB GLE this summer and I preferred the "in mirror" blind spot alert to the Audi Q5's "on mirror" blind spot alert system.

2. A little more rear seat leg room (4"-6").

3. Fewer problems with MMI.

4. The return of heated and cooled cup holders.

5. Hotter seat heaters in sport seats with ventilation.

6. Long range hybrid electric (one can dream).
Old 03-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CarPlay integration with virtual cockpit and HUD (for navigation).
Old 03-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Self-parking...
Old 03-12-2018, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by WeHoGuy
Self-parking...
The rest of us (outside of North America) have it
Old 03-12-2018, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TYJ
1. Honestly, there's not much I like about MB over Audi, but I would like to see Audi adopt a better blind spot alert system. I drove a rental MB GLE this summer and I preferred the "in mirror" blind spot alert to the Audi Q5's "on mirror" blind spot alert system.
Really !!!
When the sun is shining directly behind you there is next to no chance of seeing anything in your mirror, of all the image in mirror type of setups in various cars Audi win the golden award for the easiest one to see with the separate LEDs. They stand out.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its not logical to not bring into consideration what one doesn't like about the current model Q5 when thinking about what one would like to be included in the next gen. With that being said, ours is a Q5 prestige:

- better MMI system . MMI Bluetooth keeps going to "not available" and can't control the volume. Happens on both iphone and Android platforms. Revisit the ios and Android auto apps as it doesn't work well.

- a refined transmission that suits a luxury vehicle. My POS chrysler company vehicle has a smoother transmission that this '18 Q5. My 12 year old forester has better throttle response and linearity as well. Basically, this transmission feels like it came from a $10k vehicle.

- better interior door cards/panels. The creaking from the plasticky handles is kinda hilarious. It does make me laugh when I open/close the door

- power fold down/up second row seats. Currently, it doesn't even fold down completely.

- more modern HUD. My '13 vette has no problems with polarized sun glasses. It would also be nice if the user can change the color of the speedo as white washes out easily on sunny climates.

- electronically adjustable steering column. I think this was missed by audi when you consider that the memory seats AND side view mirrors are already in sync.

- direct pull out door handles. The current ones pull up and is an ergonomic nightmare for people that has arthritis (my mother) or have wrist problems (me). My sister who is 5' flat said the door handles are weird as well.

- better audio system. We have the B&O and it barely gives any sound to the second row area. I have it currently set to what sounds best but it is still mediocre at best despite using my friends RTA system and flac 5.1 files.

- updated parking assist. Our Q5 does not bring up the front camera when parking forwards. It would be nice if it sees you're travelling under 5mph there are stationary obstructions/structures in front and to your sides.

- dual sun visors. This, this would be awesome!

Last edited by parad1mg; 03-12-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martigary
Really !!!
When the sun is shining directly behind you there is next to no chance of seeing anything in your mirror, of all the image in mirror type of setups in various cars Audi win the golden award for the easiest one to see with the separate LEDs. They stand out.
The tiny icons in the outside mirror are much less effective than the large LED on the side of the mirror housing. I think Audi did it right. It’s good to catch your peripheral attention, not just when you happen to check the mirror.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYJ
Let's not let this thread get off track into a "what I don't like about the current MKII Q5".
Instead, let's focus on the future...

I'll start.

2. A little more rear seat leg room (4"-6").

3. Fewer problems with MMI.

4. The return of heated and cooled cup holders.

5. Hotter seat heaters in sport seats with ventilation.

6. Long range hybrid electric (one can dream).
I agree with more leg room in the second row.

This is probably too expensive, but I think Audi would be up to it - electronic sunshades. Electrochromic transparencies in the windshield and side windows, which selectively darken based on driver’s eye location and relative bearing & elevation of the sun. Darkest where the sun is, gradually lightening with increasing angle away. Would take some engineering and testing to perfect, but the basic technology is here.

Last edited by Badger56; 03-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Black optics and more wheel choices, ventilated/massage sport seats, night vision, non-fake exhaust option.

​​​​​​​Or just announce an RSQ5 please.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Remote start!

Quick Reply: What features would you like in future Q5/SQ5 models?