Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Vehicle not recognizing Key fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Yes, sounds like you are closer to figuring-out the cause of the problem. I don't think we will truly know until it is fixed and working properly again. Hopefully, you will get it fixed when you get back from your trip. Remember that other systems might be affected while the liquid-damaged/corrosion module is still in car.

There is a Audi TSB for protecting floor-board mounted modules. I'm not sure which models. There is also a chance that more models should be included. There is a thread here somewhere where we were talking about it. It should be in A4, A5, or Q5 (as those are the only sub-forums I subscribe and post in). That might also explain why Tech knew to look there.
I traded the car
Old 04-22-2024, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2022 Audi S8-purchased new. I have had the "key not detected" since my vehicle was new along with many other "drive assistance" errors had its first service at 1000 miles and now fast forward to 23 months of ownership and 18,000 miles, my car has been in the shop for a collective 75 days and counting. I am on my 3rd dealership and Audi USA has declined to assist. I hired an attorney and suit filed last week. I would love any suggestions as I am at the end of my rope. This car was $157k and Audi has denied any buyback. Di you get this resolved on your Q5?
Old 04-22-2024, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TXnative
I have a 2022 Audi S8-purchased new. I have had the "key not detected" since my vehicle was new along with many other "drive assistance" errors had its first service at 1000 miles and now fast forward to 23 months of ownership and 18,000 miles, my car has been in the shop for a collective 75 days and counting. I am on my 3rd dealership and Audi USA has declined to assist. I hired an attorney and suit filed last week. I would love any suggestions as I am at the end of my rope. This car was $157k and Audi has denied any buyback. Di you get this resolved on your Q5?
If you are referring to me .
After contacting Audi , they pulled the "offered $5K to basically go away". Which I found out later after 2020 with all the buy backs that is now their OP . I can neither deny or confirm that last statement !
I can't discuss what happened after hiring a Lemon Law Attorney .
I'll just say we no longer have the Lemon and I'll never own another Audi.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by OFDPOS
If you are referring to me .
After contacting Audi , they pulled the "offered $5K to basically go away". Which I found out later after 2020 with all the buy backs that is now their OP . I can neither deny or confirm that last statement !
I can't discuss what happened after hiring a Lemon Law Attorney .
I'll just say we no longer have the Lemon and I'll never own another Audi.
Depending on the state, Lemon Laws can be very effective. In NY they are quite strong.