Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Shipping info on new Q5 to Davisville?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping info on new Q5 to Davisville?

Hey fellow Q5 enthusiasts I'm looking for some help. My dealer told me that my car is done production on 9/8 and last week he said it is ready to be shipped. I have tried to locate the ship via a link that another forum member posted to a shipping website but I cannot for the life of me find any ships that look like they are coming out of Veracruz and heading to Davisville, RI. I've also called Audi America and all they told me was the car was waiting to be loaded on a ship, also over a week ago. I placed my order on 6/26, have a VIN number and car is on my dealers website with 'Available Soon' next to it. Anyone have any ideas on how i might get more info on shipping, ETA, ship name etc...? I love this forum and appreciate any help. Can't wait to get my new Q%!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sngtrkwr
Hey fellow Q5 enthusiasts I'm looking for some help. My dealer told me that my car is done production on 9/8 and last week he said it is ready to be shipped. I have tried to locate the ship via a link that another forum member posted to a shipping website but I cannot for the life of me find any ships that look like they are coming out of Veracruz and heading to Davisville, RI. I've also called Audi America and all they told me was the car was waiting to be loaded on a ship, also over a week ago. I placed my order on 6/26, have a VIN number and car is on my dealers website with 'Available Soon' next to it. Anyone have any ideas on how i might get more info on shipping, ETA, ship name etc...? I love this forum and appreciate any help. Can't wait to get my new Q%!
Hi

Congrats on your new Q5.
Go to this website and look at the Ro/Ro (Roll-On/Roll-Off) Import schedule
PWL Website

Then once you determine which ship you can track it to Davisville, RI here
Marine Traffic

Your SA should be able to tell you or give you the ship number if it truly has been loaded.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Thanks!

Awesome info, thank you! My guess is it won't be in my driveway until mid October. My dealer told me mid September but with hurricanes and earthquakes i am not surprised... a little more waiting!

Originally Posted by cakasky
Hi

Congrats on your new Q5.
Go to this website and look at the Ro/Ro (Roll-On/Roll-Off) Import schedule
PWL Website

Then once you determine which ship you can track it to Davisville, RI here
Marine Traffic

Your SA should be able to tell you or give you the ship number if it truly has been loaded.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome info, thank you! My guess is it won't be in my driveway until mid October. My dealer told me mid September but with hurricanes and earthquakes i am not surprised... a little more waiting!
That's not half bad for an end of June order. I ordered at the end of May and mine is somewhere in-between Mexico and Houston. I too am expecting a mid-October to end of October delivery.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I know I can't complain because many others have been waiting longer than i. Hopefully we both have some exciting news to celebrate in the next few week. My configuration is pretty much the same as yours except in Monsoon Grey with DAP, Warm and Cold Weather and Audi Guard. I plan to immediately swap out the rims because I think the OEM are god awful looking.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Transit

I received the automated "Personalize Your New Audi" "It's in transit" email yesterday which I hope means on the ship to Davisville and not from factory to port. I emailed SA for name or ID of vessel but not response yet. If anyone gets name of latest ship leaving for Davisville sooner, please post Thanks!
Old 09-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Goodwood (woohoo)

SA emailed back it's on Vessel 176, which corresponds to the Liberian ship Goodwood, currently just north of Miami. Mine going to Davisville, originally schduled for Oct 2, but.seems to be running a couple of days behind. Stops in Jacksonville tomorrow. Planning for delivery 2nd or 3rd week October.

—————————
SQ5
Order Created 6/15/2017 (SA said at the time expect about 4 months)

Daytona Gray/Rotor Gray/Carbon Atlas
DAP
Prestige package
S Sport package
Cold weather package (hated giving up flat bottom, but worth it in winter I hope)
All season tires
Old 09-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Take all of this with a grain of salt, but according to MarineTraffic the auto carrier Viking Conquest is the latest one heading to Davisville right now. (Next will be Viking Queen.)

My Q5 Prestige had a build week of 36, and it was built by 9/8 as well. My build ETA was spot on accurate, and my domestic port ETA was 9/27. That led me to watch the Viking Conquest as the closest scheduled ship to arrive that date in Houston port. My SA called on Monday to say it should arrive by tomorrow, and we should be able to pick it up next week.

Definitely talk to your SA if you can. If everything is correct, it looks like Viking Conquest had my Q5 (or an earlier one even). It's worth noting the shipping schedule has the ETA of Conquest's arrival in Davisville as October 7th; the MarineTraffic has it as October 1st. If MarineTraffic is correct, it appears to be ahead of schedule. (And could explain why my Q5 is arriving here in Louisiana a mere 3 days after it was due to land in Houston/or my Q5 was on a previous ship ahead of ETA.)

Either way, this has been fun to watch and hope you all get your Q5s soon.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Castwyn, did you get the "personalize your new Audi" email when yours was loaded on the ship? Mine had a scheduled build date of 9/8 but did not show on the dealers website till 9/11. I have not received this email yet . Just trying to figure what stage mine may be at. emailed my SA a few days ago but have not heard back from him yet. I only asked him for an update one other time in the 3 months since it was ordered. I had hoped he would be quicker to respond.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know I can't complain because many others have been waiting longer than i. Hopefully we both have some exciting news to celebrate in the next few week. My configuration is pretty much the same as yours except in Monsoon Grey with DAP, Warm and Cold Weather and Audi Guard. I plan to immediately swap out the rims because I think the OEM are god awful looking.
I am not extremely happy with my OEM 20" wheels either. For $1600 one would think we could get some choice of wheels (US spec Prestige)?! Anyways, I'm interested in what rims you will be swapping. For me it I just can't swallow throwing away $1600. I should at least get a year or two out of them at least.

Originally Posted by plumber212
Castwyn, did you get the "personalize your new Audi" email when yours was loaded on the ship? Mine had a scheduled build date of 9/8 but did not show on the dealers website till 9/11. I have not received this email yet . Just trying to figure what stage mine may be at. emailed my SA a few days ago but have not heard back from him yet. I only asked him for an update one other time in the 3 months since it was ordered. I had hoped he would be quicker to respond.
It was Tue Sept 26th when I first saw and got confirmation from my SA that my car was built. It had a Production Complete Date of Sept 23rd. So it sounds similar to yours in that a few days after completion it shows up on the dealer website. Interesting enough for the very first time I just got an email from Audi yesterday! Mine starts with "The production of your Audi Q5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to its foreign port, where it will start its journey to the United States." It seems odd I got this days after it showed up on the dealer website, but maybe that is normal? I can only assume its loaded on some KCSM (Kansas City Southern dè Mexico) train on its way to Rosenberg Terminal (Houston, TX). As of right now, on the dealer website there is no MSRP listed. However I noticed updates only occur either in the morning or maybe once in the afternoon and never on Sundays.

Last edited by cakasky; 09-29-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Shipping info on new Q5 to Davisville?