Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5e delays?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adam e
Our dealer just called- they were allocated a Q5e the other day out of the blue. Since we were next in line they offered us first right of refusal, which I thought was pretty nice of them. (Over the years, they have continuously treated us exceptionally well) It's not what we ordered, but it's close, so we're taking it. It hasn't shipped yet- it is still at the factory. They're also letting us keep our spot in line to potentially order a '23.

Wife is happy, and you know how the saying goes... (It's awesome being married to someone that appreciates nice cars)
I had the same thing happen to me. So what's your plan? Get the 22 and still order a 23, then what will you do with the 22? I'm considering taking the 22, not the color I wanted, lease for 3 and then see what happens with 23 and beyond or do the 3 years and then move to a full EV.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Unagi
I had the same thing happen to me. So what's your plan? Get the 22 and still order a 23, then what will you do with the 22? I'm considering taking the 22, not the color I wanted, lease for 3 and then see what happens with 23 and beyond or do the 3 years and then move to a full EV.
We're gonna take the 22, see what 23 ordering and lead times look like, and probably order one the way we want, and sell the 22. My guess is that a '23 will take a long time anyway. My other guess is that vehicles are going to hold their values pretty well for as long as people have to wait for them. We want an EV within a few years- just waiting for them to be a tad better than what the current e-tron is. The EV A6 wagon is super appealing- so maybe we'll know more in the next year. So after all that babbling... no real solid answer, but it will be nice to be back in a vehicle that has a warranty.
The following users liked this post:
otpQ5e (04-18-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5e production

Originally Posted by gusman12
It seemed they stop building the Q5e from Oct-late Jan, then they resumed, but had two boats carrying cars with issues. They stopped production again in mid March, saying 2023 for the next rounds of Q5e cars. While I know now that some or all of that is incorrect, if you have any better info I'd be much obliged!
I ordered a Q5e in early October and am supposed to finally get my car next week. According to my local Audi rep, all 2022s are sold and production of 2023s is on hold to focus on building all-electric models. Given that and phase out of PHEV subsidies in Germany, I wouldn't be too surprised if they stopped making the Q5e, which would be a shame. If I was still waiting I would start shopping other PHEV options, or maybe consider the Audi EV models.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Our dealer told us that our Q5e got on a boat about a week ago- I imagine it's the last batch since some of our resident experts stated that the last one shipped a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's not one that "has an issue." With our luck the boat will sink.

He told us late May/early June for arrival, but he tends to underpromise and overdeliver.
bayarea9899 (04-27-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Jeb... so excited to see it! Looks amazing, and sounds amazing. Our green one seems to finally be in a US port. Hoping it is finally at our house in the next week or two.
Have you received it yet? I'm going to attach a picture of my – heads up display so you will find it's well worth the wait. It's an amazing car.

To summarize, I've gotten 397 mi on roughly 41% of a full tank which since that holds 14 gallons, about 5.3 gallons. And I live in the mountains at 3000 ft. And I have to go down to the valley floor about 700 ft for my trips to Fresno. 70 plus mpg!
otpQ5e (05-03-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes! This week. Love it so far! So worth the wait.
jebhick (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes! This week. Love it so far! So worth the wait.
Pics!!!!
Old 05-20-2022, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We finally picked up our car yesterday. First impression is very positive. It's my wife's car and she drove most of the way home. We picked up our kiddo on the way and I drove home in EV mode. My kid is 4 and is extremely excited to have a car that has electricity in it. He wanted me to open the hood as soon as we got home (proof he's mine) and he wanted to help plug it in when we got there.

It is leaps and bounds ahead of the '17 Q5 3.0T that we traded- and that was a very nice car. In fact I felt a little sentimental about leaving it behind.

I don't remember the language my salesman used, but we're still in line for a car specced out just as we ordered, but of course with no date. I told him that we'd just stay in touch about it- if it works out we'll proceed with purchasing it, and if not.. in his own words, "Don't worry- if you decide not to take it, we will sell it." It's nice to have such a positive relationship with a dealer. We'll play it by ear- we're kinda hot on the idea of a full EV and if they make good on the EV A6 wagon we'll skip the '23Q5e (if they even make it) and just get in line for one of those.

jebhick (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! 3 weeks in still smitten with mine. It was worth the wait!
jebhick (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! 3 weeks in still smitten with mine. It was worth the wait!
Pics!!
A little over a month with mine 560 mi and less than a half. A tank of gas Audi app tells me I'm getting 78 miles per gallon. Pretty darn good.

Last edited by jebhick; 05-20-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Q5e delays?